The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Laptop as 360 wireless?

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Laptop as 360 wireless?

Postby Just Silver » Jan 5th, '10, 22:46

wondering how to connect my laptop to my 360 so i can get wifi because comcast shut me down

ive looked else where but it was too techy for me
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Laptop as 360 wireless?

Postby Robbie G » Jan 6th, '10, 00:00

How is your xbox connected to the internet? through a cable or wireless?
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Just Silver » Jan 6th, '10, 00:19

its ethernet
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DelinQuent » Jan 6th, '10, 01:59

i think guy means his internet got shut off, so he wants to use his laptop to pick up his neighbors signal and then route that connection to the xbox...

if so, yes it will be techy.
DelinQuent
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TommiTMX » Jan 6th, '10, 14:11

Basically if I'm right what you want to do is Bridge your connection that means it would look like this:

Code: Select all

Wireless Router >>Wirlessly Connects to >> Laptop >> Passes Connection to >> Xbox

It's not very techy but is touch and go and could take a while for you to get a grasp of, when I get back upstairs I'll write up a little guide if you can confirm this is what you want to do :)
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Just Silver » Jan 6th, '10, 18:28

TommiTMX wrote:Basically if I'm right what you want to do is Bridge your connection that means it would look like this:

Wireless Router >>Wirlessly Connects to >> Laptop >> Passes Connection to >> Xbox

It's not very techy but is touch and go and could take a while for you to get a grasp of, when I get back upstairs I'll write up a little guide if you can confirm this is what you want to do :)

sounds like something iv'e heard before if you can explain more of this that would be great
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TommiTMX » Jan 7th, '10, 22:56

Just Silver wrote:
TommiTMX wrote:Basically if I'm right what you want to do is Bridge your connection that means it would look like this:

sounds like something iv'e heard before if you can explain more of this that would be great

Basically if you go to "Control Panel" and then "Network Connections" (Assuming Windows XP) then from there you will be able to select your Wireless (WLAN - Wireless Local Area Network) and Wired (LAN - Local Area Network) (Hold Ctrl + Click on both select the two) and then Right Click either of them and select "Bridge Connection" This should share the internet connection accross, if not then you will have to try and share the connection in other ways.

If it comes to that I dont mind doing it remotely for you :)
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Computing & Technology