The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Virgin Wireless Manager (problem)

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Virgin Wireless Manager (problem)

Postby AOBrien09 » Jan 7th, '10, 16:44

okay I'm installing virgin media wireless to my computr with the WGR614v9 netgear router, everything is ok till I get to the name your wireless network bit which is where you also set your password. I enter a password and a name for the network it then says "okay we've found your wireless network, please wait while we connect you... won't be long "only too come up with " oops - it looks like your trying to set up a router thats not from virgin broadband. please try again with a virgin broadband device". why the hell is it saying this when it clearly is a virgin broadband device. (also using windows 7) help asap would be appreciated
"Believe me, BET and MTV
Are gonna grieve when we leave, dawg fo sheezy
Can't leave rap alone the game needs me"
AOBrien09
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Virgin Wireless Manager (problem)

Postby TommiTMX » Jan 7th, '10, 22:53

AOBrien09 wrote:okay I'm installing virgin media wireless to my computr with the WGR614v9 netgear router, everything is ok till I get to the name your wireless network bit which is where you also set your password. I enter a password and a name for the network it then says "okay we've found your wireless network, please wait while we connect you... won't be long "only too come up with " oops - it looks like your trying to set up a router thats not from virgin broadband. please try again with a virgin broadband device". why the hell is it saying this when it clearly is a virgin broadband device. (also using windows 7) help asap would be appreciated

You said your router is a Netgear? Was that supplied by Virgin Broadband? If not I think it's saying you can't use the Wireless dongle with any other Router that isn't supplied by Virgin :)
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AOBrien09 » Jan 7th, '10, 23:16

You said your router is a Netgear? Was that supplied by Virgin Broadband? If not I think it's saying you can't use the Wireless dongle with any other Router that isn't supplied by Virgin :)

well it came in a virgin media box so a think it is lol
"Believe me, BET and MTV
Are gonna grieve when we leave, dawg fo sheezy
Can't leave rap alone the game needs me"
AOBrien09
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TommiTMX » Jan 8th, '10, 01:51

AOBrien09 wrote:

well it came in a virgin media box so a think it is lol

Rofl xD in that case call them up and bitch and moan.

I personally don't see why you can't just find the drivers for the dongle online and connect it manually. Windows 7 Wireless integration is seemless anyway, don't even have to open another window to select the network and enter the PassKey :D
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Computing & Technology