The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

need a lil help

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

need a lil help

Postby Mr. Chambers » Jan 18th, '10, 18:12

so i got two computers....a toshiba laptop and a compaq desktop

now..
i tried installing Kaspery (the anti-virus software) onto my laptop (its a disc..so it isn't downloaded or bootlegged..i bought it)..i did however forget to turn off the firewall and remove the "norton" antivirus that came with the computer b4 doing so....
so i installed...and realized i couldn't get online with my ethernet....it would say "local and internet" for a few minutes then go to "limited connectivity" and stay that way...so i tried the wireless net (stealing another person's two houses down)....and it would work fine other then the occasional booting....then i removed kaspery and norton..turned off my firewall...and re-installed kaspery....

still the ethernet didn't work.......but the wireless did so i was content using that cuz my laptop is faster then my desktop -_-....now just yesterday my laptop stopped hooking up to the wireless internet...fml....it keeps saying the signals are too low..and its for the other 3 or 4 unsecure networks around my house....so now i'm starting to believe its something else....

any help would be greatly appreciated...obviously theres the system restores....but i really wanna save that until i have no other choice..its a brand new computer..just got it in december....

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Re: need a lil help

Postby DelinQuent » Jan 19th, '10, 04:45

go to device manager, disable and re-enable the network card, if that does work, uninstall, right click any item on the menu and click scan for hardware changes, that'll reinstall the card.

if that doesn't work, reset your modem and router.
DelinQuent
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Computing & Technology