The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Windows 7 install please helpp

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Windows 7 install please helpp

Postby PhilTh3thriLL » Feb 3rd, '10, 17:21

My computer was running on vista and i caught a couple virus' so i decided to a fresh install and i managed to get my hands on windows 7 so i chose to run it with that. now let me explain everything so maybe some1 can help my computer work

I was trying to boot from the dvd, but what i didnt figure out till later is the the f12 button was disabled and so i coudnt boot from dvd so i decided to run the installation from inside. Went into my computer drive, clicked setup went thru a couple steps then it wouldnt let me put it on my C drive since i still had an operation stysem running and thousands of files that needed to be removed first..i know what i have to do if i was able to boot from dvd and re partition my drives but since i was just inside my computer i decided to start deleting everything.

Did i delete something that every computer must need? I have an acer, are there files that acers store in the computer so it can run? After the install my computer re boots and does not pass the very first scrreen which the 'ACER' screen than it just goes black and does not move? What did i do?? What can i do to fix this?
I strike a still pose
And hit you with some ill flows
That don't even make sense like dikes using dildos
PhilTh3thriLL
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Windows 7 install please helpp

Postby TommiTMX » Feb 25th, '10, 15:07

Ok, with windows you have a system32 folder, basically inside this is your Operating System(assuming a 32bit OS) if you deleted files from in there then you've shot yourself in the foot, from in Windows if you'd chosen the Advanced option it SHOULD have done all the hard work for you (I did it last week on one computer with the Upgrade Disk).

BUT even if your F12 key is disabled on startup if you push F2 or Del (your BIOS Post screen will tell you which) to load the BIOS setup then just change the boot order so it boots from the CD drive before your HDD and problem should be sorted :)
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby PhilTh3thriLL » Feb 26th, '10, 21:32

And i am guessing since i deleted those folders my computer is shot? i'm 90 percent sure i did that and is there anything i can do to get my computer running again?

thanks for getting back to me as well :y:
I strike a still pose
And hit you with some ill flows
That don't even make sense like dikes using dildos
PhilTh3thriLL
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Bliss47 » Feb 27th, '10, 23:30

Like TommiTMX said get it to load from CD when you have a Vista or 7 CD inserted to the computer. From there the easiest option would be to repair Windows. To do this you need to know the ORIGINAL admin password. So just to be clear that's the password of the very first account that you had on there. Best bet is normally when you do that make it Administrator username and password of Password.

From that you can repair Windows and it will just fix the problems it has. If not you'll have to fully re-install Windows and you'll lose a lot of stuff that you had on your comp. So another future tip is always have your stuff backed up on an external hard drive.
Bliss47
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby TommiTMX » Mar 2nd, '10, 10:26

PhilTh3thriLL wrote:And i am guessing since i deleted those folders my computer is shot? i'm 90 percent sure i did that and is there anything i can do to get my computer running again?

thanks for getting back to me as well :y:

Yup, since they're gone the computer is basically shot. As I said booting from the CD/DVD drive is your best option, but if you have an upgrade disk that probably won't work. What you'll have to do then is find a disk for your previous OS and repair that installation OR get a dud copy of Windows XP from a torrent, install that and then run the upgrade from inside Windows XP :)
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Casey Cramp » Dec 30th, '10, 00:23

Right if you wanna boot from Cd on start up keep tapping del until a fresh screen apears and then click the key it tells you and then when it is booting you will want to delete all partions and the highlight unpartishaned space and create new partition
once this is done highlight the new partion you have just created and install your new operating system onto that partion Hope this Helps Kinds Regards Cj

P.s. this will erase all data including drivers
Good luck!
Casey Cramp
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Computing & Technology