The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Make ISO bootable

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Make ISO bootable

Postby PhilTh3thriLL » Feb 18th, '10, 06:47

I have a windows 7 that i have put on a dvd but will not boot..i selected make bootable but still nothing...do i have to convert my iso file to an .img or .bin?? not to sure about this some1 with some insight would b super helpful thank you!!
I strike a still pose
And hit you with some ill flows
That don't even make sense like dikes using dildos
PhilTh3thriLL
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Make ISO bootable

Postby TommiTMX » Feb 25th, '10, 15:03

PhilTh3thriLL wrote:I have a windows 7 that i have put on a dvd but will not boot..i selected make bootable but still nothing...do i have to convert my iso file to an .img or .bin?? not to sure about this some1 with some insight would b super helpful thank you!!

There is nothing special you have to do to make the CD Bootable, if the files in the ISO indicate it's bootable it will boot, but if you have a version known as the Upgrade edition then it will require that you run it from within Windows (while it is techincally possible to do so from bootup) but it works quite well as long as you choose the clean install option.

Good Luck :)
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Computing & Technology