The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Daemon Tools Pro

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Daemon Tools Pro

Postby Just Silver » Feb 28th, '10, 00:18

I have this program i think i can use it for torrents

what exactly are you supposed to do with it and is it useful?
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Daemon Tools Pro

Postby WhatsAnEnigma » Mar 2nd, '10, 02:41

It looks like Alcohol 120%, used for building and creating image files and the like as well as burning dvd's. I think I'm shaky on exactly since I haven't used in a while so don't snap at me.
WhatsAnEnigma
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby gutawafang » Mar 2nd, '10, 02:43

It makes iso games playable. I dont know how to use it though. I usually ask my friend to do it for me.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby TommiTMX » Mar 2nd, '10, 10:15

Daemon Tools is awesome, mostly it's used for Virtual CD emulation. So that if you download a program from a torrent, a lot of the times it's packaged as an .img or .iso. These are image files, this basically means they are a direct copy of a disk (or someone just packages all the files needed into this format but usually the latter).

What Daemon tools lets you do is mount this file and then use it WITHOUT having to burn it onto a Disk, saves time, money and is much easier.

To do so if you right click on the icon on your task bar and click something along the lines of Mount Image and just follow menu prompts to mount the image, from there select the file and then it will show up in My Computer as a seperate drive with said "disk" loaded.
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Computing & Technology