The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Cheapest Mic and Software for Rapping?

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Cheapest Mic and Software for Rapping?

Postby Grizzly » Jun 15th, '10, 00:46

Basically I want to put the rhymes I write into audio (Even if it's just me who hears them)

The thing is I don't have a lot of money to go throwing away. I was wondering what is the cheapest and most essential gear to get? Any suggestions would be really appreciated as I have always wanted to do this but have always thought it not possible because people on here that put audio that sounds good must spend so much money to have software to do that.

It doesn't have to sound amazing but I just want something that will be clear enough for me to hear my own rhymes and something that doesn't drown out the beat or vice versa.

So what would anyone suggest?
Don't Do Drugs, Don't Have Unprotected Sex, Don't Be Violent, Leave That To Me - Eminem
Thanks to Solace for the sig
Grizzly
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Cheapest Mic and Software for Rapping?

Postby Vettori » Dec 8th, '10, 15:17

Behringer Mixer. Behringer is the Brand. i got mine for 60 bucks... its small for mobility, and works perfectly fine, fits two microphones..(always make sure your mixer has Phantom...step 2:any microphone will do. i bought a 60 dollar Apex whatever . it's not what matters...don't spend a Shit ton on a mic, when i can make almost the same quality with a shitty one. (PS put some money in it at least never below 60 bucks.Step 3: your computer should have alot of power. and a Good soundcard..(I recomend an external soundcard) But u'll need to learn how to install properly..you may run into some problems.. And then i use adobe audition. as my recording platform. Fuck around with the mixing...always start with. (Effects-Amplitude-Dynamics processing.) That's your compression.. and then your hard limiter for volume control. and Reverb.

Hope this helps.
Vettori
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Cheapest Mic and Software for Rapping?

Postby iMPERIAL » Dec 22nd, '10, 00:04

If there just for you, a mixer isnt essenntial. You can get a decent mic and pre-amp. The pre-amp connects into the microphone jack of your computer. Then you can do some mixing on the computer after you record. A program id reccomend and that is easy to use is Cool Edit Pro 2.1 . There are tutorials on youtube on how to get the vocals as clear as possible. Hope this helps.
iMPERIAL
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Computing & Technology