The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Drawing #3: Royce da 5'9"

Posts pictures of yourself, or anything else you wish to share.

Re: Drawing #3: Royce da 5'9"

Postby Solace » Feb 17th, '12, 13:57

^Good piece of advice. I also had to do the upside down thing and it worked great.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: Drawing #3: Royce da 5'9"

Postby SG. » Feb 17th, '12, 22:11

Blu wrote:Are you trying to become a professional artist, or just doing this fun?

If you really want to improve and become a skilled artist, listen exactly to what Solace said.

It's just for fun, but I'd like to become better.
Epidemik wrote:the best advice i can give, is try to draw it exactly how you see it... disregard what you think will look good on paper when you draw it. take your time, and draw what you see, rather than what you think will look good.

i know it might sound stupid, but it works..
when i took art, my teacher had me draw a picture. the picture that i was copying was upside down, so i was able to focus more on drawing exactly what i see, rather than what i thought would look good.

it might sound stupid, but try it.

Actually, that sounds brilliant. I'll try it for my next drawing.
Geno wrote:Good idea guys. ^

As for shading, there's several techniques. It's my favourite thing to do. Actually, nearly everything you draw will look bad until you shade it. When I drew Eminem it looked pretty weird and then I shading it and it turned out pretty decent. :y:

You can hatch, cross-hatch, use your hands, paint brushes, kleenex, blending stumps, etc. Google it and then experiment and use what's most comfortable and effective for you.

What's wrong with my shading?
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Previous

Return to Shady Shots