The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Ego - Slept On

Want to share a poem, story or a moving article? Share creative literature text here.

Re: Ego - Slept On

Postby SliK » Sep 29th, '11, 07:56

Great drop as usual guys :y:

Geno your flow was tight the whole way through. I like how the first 7 lines had that slight pause in the middle, then you pick the flow up for the rest leading into my favorite part:
The genius speaks in easy tones, to generate belated hate,
The way you say my name could escalate to make you fade away
No savin' face for wastes of space who aim to take a greater stage,
And play this famous game with aces who remain evasive, wait,
I'm not even sure if anything I just said was your intention, but that's how it sounded in my head when I read it and it was great.

Alieus your flow was on point too. I wish i had something "contructive" to say but in all honesty I can't fault it. My favorite part was
You will listen in this instant, you exhibit incoherence
With your putrid ignorance, you refused to give a chance
It’s no use for penitence, you lit a fuse and should’ve ran
You finna doomed, let’s reprimand, wish it’s through - it’s just began
The way you alternate rhymes makes it flow so well and your verse stays on topic the whole way through without sacrificing content for rhymes (the same goes for you Geno).

Like I said, great piece. I think the beat was a perfect choice for this song, it goes fucking hard.

:worship:
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr.DGAF » Sep 29th, '11, 12:45

Damn, this is awesome. Seriously, both of you guys' flow is on point here. Like the first time I read it, it flowed like a river. Rhyming isn't ever a worry when you guys drop a piece, and this was solid as well. Multies were impressive too, you guys were going lines where you'd drop 4-5 syllable rhymes easily.

I don't know who edged who on this one, it was pretty close. And I really, really like that chorus. I'm actually gonna say that this is probably the best piece I've seen you guys drop for the EP. Technically, it's very very impressive. Good stuff guys, this EP's gonna be the real deal.

Also, would you mind returning the feed? I'd be much obliged. http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=127829
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Sep 29th, '11, 15:24

Impressive! I remember seeing this beat randomly months back when I was looking for instrumentals to spit on, so that was even more entertaining for me to read. It was very easy to flow to, very solid rhyming and impressive vocabulary, as always. One of my favorite bars were:

It’s no use for penitence, you lit a fuse and should’ve ran
You finna doomed, let’s reprimand, wish it’s through - it’s just began
Does it really make sense that we bend to break our backs
Snubbed with ease like laymans, when you gonna face the facts

That I really liked, for some reason Hell Breaks Loose from Relapse: Refill came to mind during those bars.

The hook, man it was dope. Hooks are my weak spot, but that was a great way of making one. If this was recorded, it'd make a pretty awesome work-out song, y'know? Beat reminds me of 'Till I Collapse, and this is filled with energy. Really liked the effort here. :y:
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SG. » Sep 30th, '11, 19:45

Dope dope dope. Awesome flow here from both of you. I also really love that hook. To be honest, there's nothing to criticise here because I can't find anything bad about it.

Keep writing shit, guys! You're great inspiration. :worship:
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Man1x » Oct 1st, '11, 02:15

Good shit guys as always, the flow was on key and rhymes were top notch. I love the topic too. The hook was amazing as well. Not much to criticize and I still stand by the statement that you both need to record these soon. Favorite Geno lines:

"I'll spit it with a severed flow, my Ego man I let it go,
The beat expands and then explodes, covers me from head to toe"

Eighty days straight in a cage and it's a shame to stay that way,
Maybe we'll parade today, elated as your brain decays"

These felt good to me. :y:

Favorite Menzo lines:

"Our heart’s beat for greatness, a quest in which we aim to grasp
Others leach and claim friends, but pretend we’ve never rapped
So underneath our tamed grins, we are pissed so step it back
Don’t wonder if we playin’ or raise a question when we ask"
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ChristinaE12 » Oct 1st, '11, 02:26

I really wish I could feed this. But I really can't cause I'd be pretty much repeating what I've said the last couple times I've fed your pieces.

One thing is though you guys still seem to be getting better, all around. Even if it's just minor things here and there.

Also maybe just come up with crazy concepts, something different..I know, between the two of you, could probably come up with something.

Basically, great rhyming again. Flow/Structure appears to be on point. etc...
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sam. » Oct 2nd, '11, 11:32

ChristinaE12 wrote:I really wish I could feed this. But I really can't cause I'd be pretty much repeating what I've said the last couple times I've fed your pieces.

One thing is though you guys still seem to be getting better, all around. Even if it's just minor things here and there.

Also maybe just come up with crazy concepts, something different..I know, between the two of you, could probably come up with something.

Basically, great rhyming again. Flow/Structure appears to be on point. etc...

You never feed me ,why the hate ? :(
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Sam. » Oct 5th, '11, 21:09

Geno wrote:Rofl.

Don't you be laughing on me Mister. :angry:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gennete.

I must say that multis are not your strength at all they come naturally from you ,what your stregth is that you place your thoughts in those Rhymes so flawlessly.Even though I like this type of Rhyme placement but it's getting too played out now so try a new one new style next time brah !.The verse was dope and filled with clever lines...wow !.I always feel amazed at your vocab breh but that caused harm to the flow at places this time.Keep at it doe.

Menzo

OMFG ! The way this shit flowed at the start was like Butter on a hot Pan.The flow was all good till the 8th Bars where it just went off that is it changed ,that's what you did wrong.I mean the way you managed the Rhymes in the 1st half didn't reflect in the 2nd half so I was a bit dissapointed tbh.Same compliment that I gave to Geno also applies to you ,great fucking vocab but that didn't hamper your flow in any way.I see you worked on the structure because that came out dope.Good improvement man ,keep at it.

Overall liked the things that both of you said in your verses ,so I didn't point out any particular line that i liked.

Keep at it bronies.

Feed this.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Sam. » Oct 6th, '11, 11:59

Menzo wrote:Thanks for the feed my man! :worship: I appreciate it. Interesting comment on the flow, but once you catch it (after the 8th line), it should be on lock down.

Regardless, thanks for peeping homie! I'll check your shit when I get home from school :b:

I always believed in consistent Flow & Rhyming tbh even when you use different sounding words.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Next

Return to Creative Writing