The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

From Zero To Hero (Fiasco Day 3)

Want to share a poem, story or a moving article? Share creative literature text here.

From Zero To Hero (Fiasco Day 3)

Postby Slim Fiasco » Jun 20th, '12, 20:48

Fuck it guys, I got pissed off with this one. I had an idea to make a biography verse for Gilbert Arenas, who is my favorite athlete and a huge inspiration. He's been very misunderstood and his good deeds such as helping a kid whose parents died in a fire, got overshadowed and dismissed by that locker-room incident. I wanted to use that as a statement that the media can mess you up, that one mistake can mess up your reputation, and that hard work can take the underdog to the top. This last one is based on the guy's whole career basically. However, the shit started to get too long so I didn't get to touch on any of this basically, but I had to drop a piece, so here's the unfinished biography of Arenas. And excuse me for this long intro.

My mom abandoned me when I was just a little kid
So it’s my father who raised me, and I’m glad he did
We share the same name, he was my guide to fame
The one who helped me to stay focused on the game
He was an actor, trying to make it so that we could eat
But more often than not, the car was the place to sleep
I was a happy child though, grew up idolizing Hardaway
Spent all my summers on the court, playing hard all day
I made it to Arizona but on my way I met this ill persona
Who said that even if I made it as a pro I was never gonna
Play more than zero minutes, he basically said I was finished
But I put that zero on my jersey, decided not to be diminished
But right when I made it to the finish with my craft perfected
On that draft night, I sat the first round and didn’t get selected
So I got motivated even more, and after two years on the floor
I found the key of success and got to open that marvelous door
Became the most improved, a warrior yes, but then a wizard too
Went through hell, so if I made it? I’m damn sure that so can you

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Re: From Zero To Hero (Fiasco Day 3)

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 20th, '12, 21:28

First of all, I like agent zero. He was a really good player, still contributes to the game too. I was actually gonna do todays piece on Kobe, but I've decided on something else. But yeah, this is really good dude. Like, I thought the first couple of bars weren't spectacular, but about halfway through I thought it picked up. I liked this man.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Slim Fiasco » Jun 20th, '12, 21:59

Mr.DGAF wrote:First of all, I like agent zero. He was a really good player, still contributes to the game too. I was actually gonna do todays piece on Kobe, but I've decided on something else. But yeah, this is really good dude. Like, I thought the first couple of bars weren't spectacular, but about halfway through I thought it picked up. I liked this man.

That's cool. And yeah I think he's in a decent shape right now, but he doesn't get a lot of minutes. And I'm pleasantly surprised that you liked this man. I was forcing things when I wrote it so I figured it won't turn out any good, so thanks. I'm looking forward to reading your piece, and see what you have done.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SG. » Jun 21st, '12, 00:35

I don't know who this guy is, but it's clear that you've done your homework on him. Nice piece, Fiasco, good job.

Google's back.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Jun 21st, '12, 03:35

Awesome man, I love basketball and Gilbert Arenas is great, you executed this really well. everything really picked up in the second half! Nice job.
Man, reading all these great pieces is really making me insecure about mine, lol I sort of threw it together in like 20 minutes today but oh well.

anyway, great job man
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slim Fiasco » Jun 21st, '12, 10:03

Wow, thank you all, your feedback makes me feel a lot better for this piece, lol. And yeah, I used to be a basketball stan back in the days so I pretty much put the info together from memory. More bars would've been a problem because it takes away from the reader's attention, but there are a lot more details that I could've added. But yeah, anyhow, thanks everybody, and read you with the next piece.

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Creative Writing