The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Just Me And You

Want to share a poem, story or a moving article? Share creative literature text here.

Just Me And You

Postby Wreck » Mar 14th, '11, 11:04

Link of feedback:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=109698&p=1550816#p1550816

Here, just something I did real quick, thinking about a girl I really like that am good friends with.....

Me and her fit together but we miss and match
People running their mouths, talking this-and-that
When I write, I write to her, even if it looks like chicken-scratch
I made some new love beats for you too ma, pick a batch
I'm never sick of rap, too bad when I'm at work I'm kicking-ass
Every other couple breaks up, but girl we can-last
The 2 of us, we're like George & Weezy
and you should listen when I say, you're gorgeous, believe me
we the best like Jordan, easily, so here's to an even gorgeous evening
I love you but sometimes relationships bite, like they're going-through-teething
With you I feel safer & chill, let's hit "Miami" like we're Jada & Will
We're like a music band, but we also still got haters-still
But this marriage I made it real, & I put that ring on like I put on Jers
Damn ma I bought you some new clothes, but you still got my same hood on, word
And you best believe we gonna light it up like it's Dynamite
like Taio Cruz, wake up to a gorgeous day, and damn you looking fine-tonight
My Beats Page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wreckles ... 08?fref=ts
My Debut Album- Life or Death- Coming Soon
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Just Me And You

Postby -[Zach]- » Mar 15th, '11, 09:20

Well done. I can feel the emotion in it and I like the vocabulary you used. This piece kind of reminds me of relationships of the past...haha Keep up the good work, man :y:
"Did you ever stop to think/I'm old enough to go to war but I ain't old enough to drink" - 2Pac

"It's time to let the truth be told/There ain't no brighter day/'Cause when it all unfolds/A n**** gon' just pass away/These haters tryna stop my grind/But I bet them hoes can't block my shine/So tired of takin' losses not this time/I can't save the whole world I'm just tryna look out for mine" - Z-Ro

FREE SPM!
-[Zach]-
Soldier
Soldier

Location: lost in the world wit' '09 Bonnie & Clyde me and my girlfriend.

Postby Wreck » Mar 15th, '11, 18:35

-[Zach]- wrote:Well done. I can feel the emotion in it and I like the vocabulary you used. This piece kind of reminds me of relationships of the past...haha Keep up the good work, man :y:

Thank you sir, appreciate it. And speaking of your avatar, that's what my rhyming was trying to sound like in a way.
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Block » Mar 15th, '11, 21:56

From reading this I can tell that you keep your ideas together pretty well while writing. My few quarms are that your rhyming seems really basic and without much imagery. It's hard to keep the attention of the reader/listener when you're not saying anything that is thought provoking or different from what others have already said. Also, it seems like you're trying to force alot of metaphores / similies into your pieces just for the sake of having them.. That makes the piece feel really forced and it messed up the whole emotion.

Don't see this as negative feed, it's just my thoughts on what you can easily fix. You've got the right ideas but you're just heading in the wrong direction. If you turn around and head down the other path you'll be on the right road.
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Location: Tried to die young with my true love; ended up a millionaire

Postby Wreck » Mar 15th, '11, 22:21

k block wrote:From reading this I can tell that you keep your ideas together pretty well while writing. My few quarms are that your rhyming seems really basic and without much imagery. It's hard to keep the attention of the reader/listener when you're not saying anything that is thought provoking or different from what others have already said. Also, it seems like you're trying to force alot of metaphores / similies into your pieces just for the sake of having them.. That makes the piece feel really forced and it messed up the whole emotion.

Don't see this as negative feed, it's just my thoughts on what you can easily fix. You've got the right ideas but you're just heading in the wrong direction. If you turn around and head down the other path you'll be on the right road.

Thanks for the feed bro, I appreciate it, and nah it's all good, but I only did that here cause it's about a girl. When I'm writing shit about girls I keep it in the same writing lane every time mostly, otherwise when I post something different it won't be like that I promise, but thanks for pointing that out, I will work on that. And I do that as well because I like to have double multis, and great lyricism, even if it is a little forced sometimes, that's just me ;). Thanks :y:.
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Master Chief » Mar 16th, '11, 03:24

I loved the rhyming on the first 6 lines. I find it awesome that, to me, kicking ass/we can last, strange. Don't know if that was intentional. But, :y:

To an extent, I agree with k block about tryin' to write something at least somewhat thought-provoking. It can be either a complex metaphor or whatever you think will makes us think or get a reacting from us or just write a line you consider interesting (not saying you should do this for every line, it'll come naturally).

I also liked the vibe it gave off. This was some good stuff, my man.

Satirical Graphitical Productions.
Master Chief
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Wreck » Mar 16th, '11, 03:31

Master Chief wrote:I loved the rhyming on the first 6 lines. I find it awesome that, to me, kicking ass/we can last, strange. Don't know if that was intentional. But, :y:

To an extent, I agree with k block about tryin' to write something at least somewhat thought-provoking. It can be either a complex metaphor or whatever you think will makes us think or get a reacting from us or just write a line you consider interesting (not saying you should do this for every line, it'll come naturally).

I also liked the vibe it gave off. This was some good stuff, my man.

Thanks for the honest feed bro, appreciate it. And in my songs that I haven't posted on here I write some crazy, literally crazy shit, so I might just post something with that in mind sometime cause I like to think of myself as a crazy rapper besides the real songs I write & lyricism.
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Creative Writing