The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

This is for the real folks...

Want to share a poem, story or a moving article? Share creative literature text here.

This is for the real folks...

Postby Maybe » Mar 15th, '11, 23:24

Down for editing.

Feedback I be givin'
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=109818
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: This is for the real folks...

Postby Block » Mar 16th, '11, 08:34

Ahh, this is getting slept on. Again, dope shit bro. Simple but not simple. A paradox. Hmm...

Everything fits amazingly well for how fast you wrote it. I can't wait to record this collab. My nuts are tingling at the thought of the beautiful music we are going to make. Orgasms over instrumentals. <<< NEW EP NAME ???? lol
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Location: Tried to die young with my true love; ended up a millionaire

Postby Maybe » Mar 18th, '11, 08:18

k block wrote:Ahh, this is getting slept on. Again, dope shit bro. Simple but not simple. A paradox. Hmm...

Everything fits amazingly well for how fast you wrote it. I can't wait to record this collab. My nuts are tingling at the thought of the beautiful music we are going to make. Orgasms over instrumentals. <<< NEW EP NAME ???? lol

Sounds like something we'd do, honestly. Lol... Thanks man, and it'll make a sick song.

Stop sleeping on my shiznit assholes, I always leave good feedback.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MikeNUFC » Mar 18th, '11, 12:09

This was really well executed in terms of flow and rhyming. Some inventive rhymes ("broker peeps/groceries", "diapers and the gerber/life sentence for murder" - the latter is amazing).

Also great how it all fits together and links really nicely within the structure

My only complaint would be it's slightly cliche.

And

this is an anthem for the folks without insurance...
an anthem for the folks without a furnace....

didn't rhyme at all for me - but thats probably an accent thing.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Xray » Mar 18th, '11, 14:26

Damn bro, that was truly art. Not many people rap about this kind of stuff anymore, and it's what made hip hop so good. Just relating to shit. I can relate to this 100%. That was easily the realest verse I've read on here. Your rhymes were impossible to make any smoother. It was perfectly said.

These lines are my fav cause their basically my life lol.

This is for the dudes smoking weed in the backseat,
driving middle-class cars, working at a factory...

Let's hear it for the broker peeps...
the ones that gotta rent a home and can't afford their groceries,

the ones that think they're haunted by the ghost of their past,
until they find that it's a torn sheet, with holes in the back,

I'm talking bout' the people with a troubling existence...
the ones you only see because they stumble in the distance...

Would love to hear this recorded, excellent work bro. 10/10.
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Maybe » Mar 18th, '11, 14:46

Xray wrote:Damn bro, that was truly art. Not many people rap about this kind of stuff anymore, and it's what made hip hop so good. Just relating to shit. I can relate to this 100%. That was easily the realest verse I've read on here. Your rhymes were impossible to make any smoother. It was perfectly said.

These lines are my fav cause their basically my life lol.

This is for the dudes smoking weed in the backseat,
driving middle-class cars, working at a factory...

Let's hear it for the broker peeps...
the ones that gotta rent a home and can't afford their groceries,

the ones that think they're haunted by the ghost of their past,
until they find that it's a torn sheet, with holes in the back,

I'm talking bout' the people with a troubling existence...
the ones you only see because they stumble in the distance...

Would love to hear this recorded, excellent work bro. 10/10.

There's a song called "Whats love got to do with it". Let me tell you what bro, love has EVERYTHING to do with it. Haha, thanks for the feedback man, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :y:

@MikeNUFC: Thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback. Sometimes with subject matters like this, it becomes nearly impossible not to be a little cliche. :y:
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mcZu » Mar 18th, '11, 18:35

I agree that it might be simple in terms of not being poetic and overly complex, however, it takes skill to write something that smooth. Simple yet complex.

I agree with Mike, though. That insurance/a furnace rhyme didn't flow that good to me. It does rhyme, but it didn't fit in with the rhyme scheme. But, I guess, it depends on how you actually flow it to the beat you wrote it to...

Nice verse.
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Creative Writing