The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

McMaybe - Life's A Gift (Full song!)

Want to share a poem, story or a moving article? Share creative literature text here.

McMaybe - Life's A Gift (Full song!)

Postby Maybe » Mar 19th, '11, 05:33

Down for editing.

Link to feedback:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=109962
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: McMaybe - Life's A Gift (Full song!)

Postby Maybe » Mar 19th, '11, 16:50

Man... I got a mic in my hand...
but still, I'm gettin' slept on like a flight to Japan... (damn!)
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mcZu » Mar 19th, '11, 17:21

No complaints. Enjoyed reading it, really good work, man. Especially your second verse and the chorus.
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Maybe » Mar 20th, '11, 19:20

mcZu wrote:No complaints. Enjoyed reading it, really good work, man. Especially your second verse and the chorus.

Thanks man, I appreciate the comment.

Bump!
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MikeNUFC » Mar 20th, '11, 20:38

This was great. Second verse was amazing. Your use of asides always adds so much to the piece. And your wordplay doesn't effect in any negative way, just adds to the imagery. I usually find wordplay takes something away but it only adds here.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Xray » Mar 20th, '11, 23:04

That was amazing. One of the best pieces I've read, recently. It was truly beautiful, how smooth and serious the lyrics are, and the way you ended it was just mind blowing. There is not one bit of exaggeration in my feed back, this is exactly what I think of the song. If there were awards for the best written song here, I'd vote for this one, it's that good. Man, I can't stress enough how much you've grown as an artist and how serious your work has become from your old stuff. CRAZY motherfucking song for real dude, whatever this tape or album this is for, I can't wait for it. :y:
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Maybe » Mar 20th, '11, 23:53

Xray wrote:That was amazing. One of the best pieces I've read, recently. It was truly beautiful, how smooth and serious the lyrics are, and the way you ended it was just mind blowing. There is not one bit of exaggeration in my feed back, this is exactly what I think of the song. If there were awards for the best written song here, I'd vote for this one, it's that good. Man, I can't stress enough how much you've grown as an artist and how serious your work has become from your old stuff. CRAZY motherfucking song for real dude, whatever this tape or album this is for, I can't wait for it. :y:

Made my week man. I appreciate the kind words, and I'm glad you're liking the new style I've been trying to develop. Thanks a lot, and I'm sure you'll love the EP.

@ MikeNUFC: Thank you man, I really appreciate the kind words. :y:
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Block » Mar 21st, '11, 04:08

This thread is filled with ninjas.

Sick shit bro. I already told you.
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Location: Tried to die young with my true love; ended up a millionaire

Postby RainMan44 » Mar 21st, '11, 04:58

That was dope, especially the 2nd verse. Keep at it :y:

Think you can feed my lonely verse? :sweating:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=110241
"This dude doing this interview wants me to spin a few,
Lyrics while I tie my tennis shoes in the nude
A romantic interlude in a livin’ room,
In an inner tube with a dude with a bit of lube
Fuck that I’m sniffin’ glue, sippin' gin & juice,
And a little bit of paint thinner with my dinner too,
You better pay me for my bars like your rent is due,
Now hurry up and finish dude before I finish you."

GOAT
RainMan44
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Maybe » Mar 24th, '11, 00:09

RainMan44 wrote:That was dope, especially the 2nd verse. Keep at it :y:

Think you can feed my lonely verse? :sweating:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=110241

Thanks man, done.

Thanks for the comments people ^^
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Maybe » Mar 24th, '11, 21:16

Bump!
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ArsheyHaq » Mar 26th, '11, 07:46

Well, I listened to you and checked out this rap too :D

I wasn't disappointed with the rhyming once again. I like how you hear/say the rhymes differently. I wouldn't do it myself, but it works for you since you do it so well and consistently :y:

Most of this stuff though I'd only be able to comprehend if I had a dictionary out lol Anyways, Idk if you made this up yourself, but I liked it:

"Man... I got a mic in my hand...
but still, I'm gettin' slept on like a flight to Japan... (damn!)"

ahaha why don't you do a rap like that? All punchlines and shit..
ArsheyHaq
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Maybe » Mar 26th, '11, 15:57

ArsheyHaq wrote:Well, I listened to you and checked out this rap too :D

I wasn't disappointed with the rhyming once again. I like how you hear/say the rhymes differently. I wouldn't do it myself, but it works for you since you do it so well and consistently :y:

Most of this stuff though I'd only be able to comprehend if I had a dictionary out lol Anyways, Idk if you made this up yourself, but I liked it:

"Man... I got a mic in my hand...
but still, I'm gettin' slept on like a flight to Japan... (damn!)"

ahaha why don't you do a rap like that? All punchlines and shit..

Thanks for the kind words... Haha, anything you listen to is 3+ years old. I'll make sure to update my stuff soon. As for the punchline stuff.. I use to write like that (that's a line from a random verse I wrote). I'll post some of that stuff later :y:
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Creative Writing