The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Geno & Alieus - End of the Tunnel

Want to share a poem, story or a moving article? Share creative literature text here.

Re: Geno & Alieus - End of the Tunnel

Postby MikeNUFC » Jun 12th, '11, 23:25

Geno - Really impressive verse, flowed nicely. Rhyming was solid, liked the internals. The "perfection for you" line reminded me so much of Eminem haha. The only criticism would be the use of "fucking" on the 4th bar. It sounds out of place, because of the hard "c" sound.

Menzo - Much better than your previous piece - rhyming has improved a lot from that, flow's still a bit messy (for me anyway), you could do with removing a few syllables here and there to make it flow more smoothly. But nice verse.

R/T Feed?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=116361
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby MikeNUFC » Jun 12th, '11, 23:29

Geno wrote:Thanks a lot Mike. How does that line remind you of Eminem? haha

Reminded me of 25 To Life, I think.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby BILI » Jun 13th, '11, 22:55

great piece you two...I love it...Menzo I can see you improved a lot... :y: keep dropping guys...we need CW alive
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby BILI » Jun 13th, '11, 23:24

Geno wrote:
BILI wrote:great piece you two...I love it...Menzo I can see you improved a lot... :y: keep dropping guys...we need CW alive

Ours is next, when Menzo puts his verse in. :y:

:y:
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby classthe_king » Jun 13th, '11, 23:49

For future reference just post the shadowville link to the beat. Nobody wants to download the beat just to give you feed.

Geno: You have good rhyming and a good flow but that's about it. You didn't experiment on any rhyme schemes and kept it fairly simple. "Makin the trip again" and "wasted instead of spent" is not a very good rhyme, the stead and trip though it off. You also need to find a good way to wrap up your verse. If this was about your life you need to find some way to creatively finish it and give it a good conclusion. If this was fictional you need to find some creative twist to end your verse with. You would leave the listener feeling unsatisfied. Also, you need to find some other influences besides Eminem. I could practically hear him rapping when I was reading this.

Alieus- I'm assuming your's is a normal sixteen verse and you just structured the end of your verse oddly for some reason. Your multis weren't as structured as Geno's or smooth but they were more creatively placed. Your flow in the begining seemed like it had way too many syllables for the average beat but I don't know how fast you planned on flowing it. Everything I said to Geno about ending the verse also applies to you although you did a better job with it then he did. I still think you could have done better though.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby alex.decker » Jun 14th, '11, 19:33

great!
alex.decker
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Next

Return to Creative Writing