The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Broken Dreams

Want to share a poem, story or a moving article? Share creative literature text here.

Broken Dreams

Postby Wreck » Sep 14th, '11, 04:31

Feed- viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125690&p=1755617#p1755617

I sit here, stare at stars, glares from Mars, pondering about life, drifting, & wandering
Honoring dead soldiers- Pat Tillman, 911 firefighters, & white and black-civilians, still facing poverty
Had the dream like Martin's speech, if I'm so in love with this music, it's impossible for me to park a beat
I'm not a fish-in-the-sea, so pick a sheet, of paper, whenever you think of me, play the bASS & eHarmony
Suppressed depression, the music's here, not in the air like Phil Collins, the rest of life is questions
Motto, work hard, eventually earn a pension, my life is in the air, floating happily in suspension
But I gotta earn a degree, like, "Class is now in session"- Mr. Smartass, the girls do crave attention
Crew's used to be wrecking, 2pac, & I was so used to these screws loose & the aggression
But it all goes flat like breast cancer, life is like a game show- so what's the next answer?
"Now son, dreams come true," said Santa, if you're still living the dream, wave your hands up
& pull up your pants bruh; my best chance of, winning the lottery is with this music opportunity.
Got to strive while alive, continue in believing, no disruptions like continuity
They say "Good Luck Kid," & "Don't Fold Up Quick," no-disruptions, life; is some sick-love-shit.
Don't choke like hiccups; rip, the competition, stay winning & live your legacy, cross the tracks & then run-quick

The flow here is hard to explain. I did it in my head and it worked, but it's not always a 1-2 set of bars. Some rhyme with the text on the next line.

Keep your head up people struggling like me out there :smoking:.
My Beats Page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wreckles ... 08?fref=ts
My Debut Album- Life or Death- Coming Soon
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Creative Writing