The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Manhunt for alleged cop killer in California

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

Re: Manhunt for alleged cop killer in California

Postby ImANoob » Feb 11th, '13, 02:17

why do you ask abram?

RIP TRShady. July 6, 2012 - February 6, 2014
ImANoob
Renegade
Renegade

Postby AbramIsaac » Feb 11th, '13, 02:24

@ImANoob, count yourself lucky.

I'm not saying what Dorner did was right, because I'm not familiar enough with the details to tell you for sure. What I can say though is that the reason he's doing what he's doing is that there's no legal way to really root out the type of corruption you see in the LAPD. That "blue line of silence" they talk about is very real, and when you have one of the more well equipped police forces in the entire nation, you're talking about a problem. The gangs and the cops are all too often just criminals with guns, with one side wearing a badge. Either way, no one's telling when one of their own does something awful.

Beyond that though, what Hage is talking about in regards to the 1 Million dollar bounty on the man's head is a legitimate worry. He's saying that people are far too compliant with the police and government organizations, taking their moral cues from what they're told instead of what they really believe is right. Throwing a million bucks at someone makes that a lot easier to ignore the fact that these same police that try to claim they're hunting the bad guy have already killed innocent people for driving the wrongly colored truck at a bad time of day.

Ignoring that, the fact that they're talking about using drones? Seriously? I don't doubt we have some members here from the Middle East that could tell you why that's a bad thing. It isn't about what they're using them for now, it's about setting a precedent. They created a boogey man, and convinced people that this person should be caught by any means necessary. Once we've decided that it's acceptable to have unmanned drones flying over us--controlled by local police, of all people--we've already decided that we no longer have any rights to personal privacy.

What's wrong, after all? We all have definitions of it, but the standard we are expected to abide by is the law itself. So it's fine when we're using drones to track a murderer, but what about when they decide that it's equally acceptable to use when tracking any number of crimes? Where is the line drawn? Overseas these drones are used to track and deploy weapons on suspected terrorist sites. Ask the mothers of countless dead children in those countries about how they feel about unmanned drones.

Good guy, bad guy, whatever. I don't know...but I'm just worried about the precedent being set here, regardless of how this all ends. Forgive me if this isn't as finely strung together as it normally would be, I'm a little out of my head right now.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ImANoob » Feb 11th, '13, 02:32

you bring up extremely good points and i agree with you 100%. its common knowledge that a lot of cops are the same as a gang member just with more power. i was simply saying that there is no way that, if i had the chance, i would turn in that guy and get the $1m. what the guy is doing is definitely not a good thing but i guess he feels that its his only way to get a point across so i can (in an odd way) see where he is coming from. as far as the unmanned drones go; that shit scares the fuck out of me. like you said, personal privacy will basically be out the window but its not like the government cant already track almost every move we make. then again, what do i know? im just a 16 year old.

RIP TRShady. July 6, 2012 - February 6, 2014
ImANoob
Renegade
Renegade

Previous

Return to General News