The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Vampire therapy: young blood may reverse ageing

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

Vampire therapy: young blood may reverse ageing

Postby yoda you can call me » May 7th, '14, 22:31

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 23042.html

It sounds like the stuff of vampire movies, but scientists have shown that an infusion of young blood can reverse signs of ageing.

Although the ghoulish experiment was conducted on laboratory mice, the next step could involve a study of elderly humans.

The researchers believe young blood may contain natural chemicals that turn back the clock to rejuvenate the ageing brain.

In the study, blood from three-month-old mice was repeatedly injected into 18-month-old mice near the end of their natural life span. The "vampire therapy" improved the performance of the elderly mice in memory and learning tasks. Structural, molecular and functional changes were also seen in their brains.

Writing in the journal Nature Medicine, the US team led by Dr Tony Wyss-Coray, from Stanford University, said: "Our data indicate that exposure of aged mice to young blood late in life is capable of rejuvenating synaptic plasticity and improving cognitive function.

"Future studies are warranted in aged humans and potentially those suffering from age-related neurodegenerative disorders."

Evidence was seen of new connections forming in the hippocampus, a brain region vital to memory and sensitive to ageing.

Ageing mice given eight infusions of young blood over three weeks improved their performance in mental tests. Infusions of blood from other elderly mice had no effect.

What caused the changes is still unknown, but it appears to involve activation of a protein called Creb in the hippocampus that helps regulate certain genes.

The scientists wrote: "One possibility is that introducing 'pro-youthful' factors from aged blood can reverse age-related impairments in the brain, and a second possibility is that abrogating pro-ageing factors from aged blood can counteract such impairments.These two possibilities are not mutually exclusive, warrant further investigation, and may each provide a successful strategy to combat the effects of ageing."

Dr Eric Karran, from the dementia charity Alzheimer's Research UK, described the results as "interesting", but added that the study "does not investigate the type of cognitive impairment that is seen in Alzheimer's disease".
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Vampire therapy: young blood may reverse ageing

Postby gutawafang » May 8th, '14, 00:40

This is satanic.

I don't approve because the rich douchebags don't deserve to stay alive for a long time but with this, they can afford it. :(
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby PAINKILLƎR » May 8th, '14, 00:46

Give me 5 million dollars and I'll supply any old rich bat willing to pay with my blood for a whole year.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby shadyblogger » May 8th, '14, 00:47

Trippy stuff
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Meminem » May 8th, '14, 03:09

Think i'd rather just get old tbh
Dave! Pull up your pants! We need an Ambulance!
Meminem
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby IBasicallyRage » May 8th, '14, 16:17

PAINKILLƎR wrote:Give me 5 million dollars and I'll supply any old rich bat willing to pay with my blood for a whole year.

LOL
Revolutionary wrote:One of the best usernames on TR along with GoodGirlsGetGutted :b:

#Rafael #Snake #SneakerheadShady #BlogsMcGooch #Yoda #DetroitSkills #PKisMyHomie #Painus #mdemaz #NiggaGang
Keep in touch! -
Add Me On Twitter! - @D3uC3ss
Add Me On Skype! - lookinq4emz - Ethaaan
IBasicallyRage
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Excita » May 8th, '14, 19:29

My math teacher actually told me about this.
It's pretty cool tbh, if this is true i guess if you would start doing this early you can stay at your mid 20's for a long time, this will never happen though, the world would be full of people after this when nobody dies. :coffee:
Excita
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Maddie » May 18th, '14, 04:46

That study's evidence is based on a mouses's brain and the young mice blood. Young people have a higher count of oxygen in their blood since the lungs and heart of a youthful person operate better then that of an aged person. When it comes to the organs lasting longer the higher the oxygen in the body the more likely they will be nourished.I was at a placed called "PreventionGenetics" recently. The man who owns the company was part of the humane genome project. We share 60 plus percent of our genetics with mice. Order yourself a "designer baby." ;)
Maddie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby mdemaz » May 18th, '14, 05:32

Pretty silly, and the logistics are stupid.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby DetroitSkills » May 19th, '14, 00:55

:coffee:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader