The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Are your naked selfies safe? Researchers recover 100s of nud

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

Are your naked selfies safe? Researchers recover 100s of nud

Postby yoda you can call me » Jul 11th, '14, 19:35

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 99373.html

Are your naked selfies safe? Researchers recover 100s of nude photos from second-hand smartphones

Security researchers have warned that the “factory reset” function on Android handsets fails to properly delete data after retrieving more than a thousand photos of men and women in “various stages of undress” from second-hand phones.

The study conducted by Avast used advanced data retrieval techniques to recover data from 20 second-hand smartphone purchased from eBay.

More than 40,000 photos were recovered including “more than 250 selfies of what appear to be the previous owner’s manhood”. The researchers were able to identify the previous owners of four of the 20 handsets, and described the amount of data retrieved as “astonishing”.

Avast say that the problem stems from the method of data deletion used by the handsets, with the ‘factory reset’ option only deleting the directory that points to the location of the data – rather than the data itself.

A Google spokesperson defended the OS, telling technology site Ars Technica that the researchers must have been using older Android devices and that their findings did not “reflect the security protections in Android versions that are used by 85% of users.”

This statistic suggests that Android users running version 4.0 and later should be safe using built-in data wipe functions, although Google also recommends enabling encryption on their smartphones – an option available under Settings and then Security.

Extra security conscious users can even load ‘dummy data’ onto their phone following a factory reset and then deleting that set of data that before putting the device for sale online.

For iOS users encryption is built in, with all Apple devices apart from the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, and first two generations of the iPod touch using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) to secure data.
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Are your naked selfies safe? Researchers recover 100s of

Postby Supershade » Jul 11th, '14, 19:45

Aw fuck.
Cause I can’t explain to y’all how dang exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance my dang self but on eggshells I was made to walk but thank you, ma, ‘cause that gave me the strength to cause Shady-mania
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EG. » Jul 11th, '14, 19:47

oh well
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Supershade » Jul 11th, '14, 20:02

EG. wrote:oh well

Busted ;)
Cause I can’t explain to y’all how dang exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance my dang self but on eggshells I was made to walk but thank you, ma, ‘cause that gave me the strength to cause Shady-mania
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Jul 12th, '14, 05:24

OMG
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby mdemaz » Jul 12th, '14, 05:24

OMG
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby TheVipBro » Jul 12th, '14, 05:33

double post totally worth it m8
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Jul 12th, '14, 05:40

oh fuck off i didnt mean too

this site is so broken
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby TheVipBro » Jul 12th, '14, 05:42

didn't say it sarcastically though bruf
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Jul 12th, '14, 05:43

i no m8
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Atone » Jul 12th, '14, 21:06

good thing i hate cell phones and never use the damn things anyways
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to General News