The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby Supershade » Aug 21st, '14, 19:19

THAT IS FUCKED
Cause I can’t explain to y’all how dang exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance my dang self but on eggshells I was made to walk but thank you, ma, ‘cause that gave me the strength to cause Shady-mania
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Dirrt » Aug 21st, '14, 19:46

:(
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Tash8 » Aug 21st, '14, 22:13

Aone10 wrote:These people don't have an understanding on how the law works.... you can't shoot to harm, it's against the law. You shoot to stop the threat, if you have time to think about where you "should" shoot the person, then you have no business shooting. If a cop were to shoot somebody in the leg or foot to prevent a situation from escalating, he'd be in deep shit and could possibly lose his job as you are only supposed to shoot if your life is in danger.

Given the facts that they were responding to a man who performed robbery with a weapon and the guy had his hand tucked in his pants as if he was holding a gun and then had the audacity to approach the police when they showed up, the cops had every right to shoot him. The cops clearly asked him to stop and he didn't, the guy lost his life because he was a fucking idiot.

Officers are putting their life and risk just by wearing the uniform, let's not forget about the incident at Wal-Mart a few months ago in which 2 cops were murdered.

What would you have done in their shoes?

I completely respect what you're saying, and I understand Police's need to protect themselves. Which is why I, including the majority of the public, were more "accepting" of this incident than Brown's.

But I've read headlines like "Police's #1 duty is make sure that police are safe." and this was a headline on Google News Feed during one of the Ferguson protest nights and it made me question the police's ultimate job. No I do not agree that the police's number one job is their own safety, rather, it should be the public safety that is priority. There's a reason a Police Officer is supposed to and should garner respect. Similar to a military man, the public pays our Officers through taxes to take on a huge sacrifice in which they put their lives in danger in order to protect ours. When those lines get mixed, you can see why people no longer respect police, or believe that police is doing what's right for the public rather than whats right for the police.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby SliK » Aug 22nd, '14, 01:56

Aone is a total fuckwit lol.

No need to shoot at all.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby mdemaz » Aug 22nd, '14, 01:57

More gun violence...

What a surprise.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Supershade » Aug 22nd, '14, 04:01

Shooting someone who was unarmed about 12 times over 2 cans of soda..

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Cause I can’t explain to y’all how dang exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance my dang self but on eggshells I was made to walk but thank you, ma, ‘cause that gave me the strength to cause Shady-mania
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Aug 22nd, '14, 04:39

They shot him like 10 times. Dude was obviously mentally ill or something and zero evidence to even suggest he was armed.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Rafael » Aug 22nd, '14, 05:08

I love how chill the guy recording this was the entire time.

They killed a nigga in front of him, he never lost his shit.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby SliK » Aug 22nd, '14, 05:30

Rafael wrote:I love how chill the guy recording this was the entire time.

They killed a nigga in front of him, he never lost his shit.

Tbh, everyone was pretty calm about it.

They were more pissed at them cuffing a corpse than shooting a living person.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Him Shadow » Aug 22nd, '14, 12:00

oh my God...

there was this situation in Poland about a month ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmmQRZNdiNM

but as you can see the guy was more aggressive and this two cops almost shit their pants, they shot him when he started to run away and because of that they have some problems, I don't really know the details
people were talkin' that this guy would be dead right away in same situation if it was America and I guess they were right
Him Shadow
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Aug 22nd, '14, 14:54

Aone don't bring intelligence into this m8. Unless you really want to look foolish?

You're asking what I would have done? I would have tased the shit out of him... Not ended the man's life.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Aug 22nd, '14, 15:27

lol @ pork chop

Maybe they followed protocol and maybe they'll get away with it. I don't think anyone is arguing that they didn't follow protocol. Maybe if that's protocol, protocol should be changed. Maybe that's the argument.

We'll ignore the pig who refused to give his name, pointed an assault rifle at a civilian and screamed "I'll fucking kill you", for now. But those are the kind of fuckwits that wear the pig uniform.

The police chief said they might not have used a taser because he was wearing a jacket that MIGHT HAVE BEEN ZIPPED UP. NOT because the police officers simply followed protocol. Guess what though, the jacket was not zipped up and a taser would have been sufficient to bring this man down. Hell... One, two, three, four, five, six, seven... Bullets would have been sufficient too. Are you honestly telling me 12 bullets and a pair of fucking handcuffs was the minimum amount of force they needed to use?

gtfo
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Supershade » Aug 22nd, '14, 18:52

RIP he's the lucky one tbh he doesn't have to hear Beiber again
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rafael » Aug 22nd, '14, 19:38

The guy above me just posted one of the most disgusting posts I've ever seen.

I don't even like Bieber but that post was just stupid smh
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Tash8 » Aug 22nd, '14, 20:20

Aone10 wrote:
Tash8 wrote:But I've read headlines like "Police's #1 duty is make sure that police are safe." and this was a headline on Google News Feed during one of the Ferguson protest nights and it made me question the police's ultimate job. No I do not agree that the police's number one job is their own safety, rather, it should be the public safety that is priority. There's a reason a Police Officer is supposed to and should garner respect. Similar to a military man, the public pays our Officers through taxes to take on a huge sacrifice in which they put their lives in danger in order to protect ours. When those lines get mixed, you can see why people no longer respect police, or believe that police is doing what's right for the public rather than whats right for the police.

That's just the media being stupid....

Ferguson is a good example of cops doing their job, they are there to prevent escalation of the rioting and looting, which can put the lives of other citizens in danger.

I don't think it's that simple. I agree that the majority of cops in Ferguson were doing their job. I'll bet you that almost 100% of the cops are just following orders too. Which is why I believe that this is a systematic issue and not a cop by cop issue anymore. The police uses fatal force as their only defense mechanism it seems, and the public has lost its respect for the police.

Aone do you believe that there is no other approach besides shooting a person when he is coming at you, supposedly armed? Do you believe, that with all the money we spend on their equipment, we can't train a Police Officer to take a tactical position? You tell me, that the two cops in this video's best strategy is to point guns at a mentally ill man? You don't think they could have at the least put themselves in a strategic spot. Possibly one officer pointing a gun at the man, and the other using taser to attempt to resolve this situation? And if the taser does not work, then you have your other officer take the shots (i think 6 instead of 12 bullets will do)

Because I'm sure they could have. I think they could have tried different approaches with this man before shooting him, even if it might have put their safety at risk. But that's the police's job, to take the risk in order to ensure public safety. I guess that can't be true anymore, because cops are too fearful of the public and the public is too fearful of cops.

And yes this guy was not acting right possibly insane, and we can acknowledge that his actions do force a cop to take certain measures. I just don't believe they need to be this excessive, and I think you've said you agree with that.
Last edited by Tash8 on Aug 22nd, '14, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to General News