The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby Supershade » Aug 22nd, '14, 20:32

Rafael wrote:The guy above me just posted one of the most disgusting posts I've ever seen.

I don't even like Bieber but that post was just stupid smh

:laughing:
Cause I can’t explain to y’all how dang exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance my dang self but on eggshells I was made to walk but thank you, ma, ‘cause that gave me the strength to cause Shady-mania
User avatar
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Nov 27th, '12, 21:51
Location: Krypton
Gender: Male

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby HeySamantha » Aug 23rd, '14, 03:51

I don't see how shooting to kill is better than shooting to harm. I still say shoot him in the leg or foot. At least he's down, better than being dead.
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

Image
User avatar
HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Feb 22nd, '13, 00:49
Location: Canada
Gender: Female

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby SliK » Aug 23rd, '14, 04:13

Nobody "charged" anyone. He approached them. And to answer your question: he was mentally challenged.

I agree shooting in the leg is no good, if you want to incapacitate someone use a taser. Every cop (at least in Australia) has a taser.

But you know, I've seen some fuckwit cops taser people for no good reason too. No system is perfect. I'd rather get 10,000 volts than 20 grams of lead though, just saying.
Last edited by SliK on Aug 23rd, '14, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Dec 17th, '09, 06:03

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby Supershade » Aug 23rd, '14, 04:14

True Wiz wrote:
Rafael wrote:The guy above me just posted one of the most disgusting posts I've ever seen.

I don't even like Bieber but that post was just stupid smh

It's like when people make really creepy rape jokes

My bad
Cause I can’t explain to y’all how dang exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance my dang self but on eggshells I was made to walk but thank you, ma, ‘cause that gave me the strength to cause Shady-mania
User avatar
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Nov 27th, '12, 21:51
Location: Krypton
Gender: Male

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby HeySamantha » Aug 23rd, '14, 04:15

Target practice then. If you're a cop you should have A+ aim, right? Shoot for legs/feet/arms/shoulders.. not head or chest. Taser's, as well. I get it if someone is acting totally out of their mind and coming at you but situations like this one? No.
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

Image
User avatar
HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Feb 22nd, '13, 00:49
Location: Canada
Gender: Female

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby Supershade » Aug 23rd, '14, 04:16

HeySamantha wrote:Target practice then. If you're a cop you should have A+ aim, right? Shoot for legs/feet/arms/shoulders.. not head or chest. I get it if someone is acting totally out of their mind and coming at you but situations like this one? No.

Exactly and it was over TWO FUCKING CANS OF JUICE
Cause I can’t explain to y’all how dang exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance my dang self but on eggshells I was made to walk but thank you, ma, ‘cause that gave me the strength to cause Shady-mania
User avatar
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Nov 27th, '12, 21:51
Location: Krypton
Gender: Male

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby SliK » Aug 23rd, '14, 04:24

Aone I do understand where you're coming from, but the power you're allowing cops to have comes at a cost. This video is evidence of that.

The cops made so many ASSUMPTIONS in their justification of taking this man's life - and that's a very dangerous precedent to set. You cannot allow cops to use deadly force unless their lives, or the lives of others, are in danger.

"WHAT IF" he had a gun? "WHAT IF" he was on bath salts? "WHAT IF" a taser isn't effective? Well I ask, why issue tasers at all then, if the assumption can be made that your "perp" might be on drugs? Anyone at any given moment could be on drugs. What if a cop pills me over on the side of the road and when he approaches I have my hand in my pocket. He doesn't know why my hand is in my pocket, "WHAT IF" I'm on bath salts and carrying a loaded weapon? Does he have the right to take my life based on that assumption? Because just like the assumptions made in this video, they would be incorrect.

Potentially every single person a policeman deals with "COULD" be carrying a weapon or on drugs. Might as well use deadly force in every situation right?
Last edited by SliK on Aug 23rd, '14, 04:25, edited 3 times in total.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Dec 17th, '09, 06:03

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby HeySamantha » Aug 23rd, '14, 04:24

Aone10 wrote:You guys are not understanding......

maybe you're not understanding...
:shifty:
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

Image
User avatar
HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Feb 22nd, '13, 00:49
Location: Canada
Gender: Female

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby mdemaz » Aug 23rd, '14, 05:00

This whole thing really is sad. I think it's about time people stop being ignorant and review what the police can legally do.

A taser would of been good enough.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

Image
User avatar
mdemaz
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 10208
Joined: Dec 6th, '10, 12:09
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Gender: Male

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby Tash8 » Aug 23rd, '14, 22:01

Aone10 wrote:You guys are not understanding......


I've told you before I understand your point of view, and its why most think this shooting probably ended the way it only could have.

but ALSO, I should not be afraid a cop might pull a GUN ON ME and SHOOT ME because he's afraid that I, the public, might have a weapon on me.
User avatar
Tash8
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 12522
Joined: Feb 19th, '07, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby SliK » Aug 25th, '14, 15:27

And some are morons.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Dec 17th, '09, 06:03

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby Tash8 » Aug 25th, '14, 21:17

SliK wrote:And some are morons.


seriously tho
User avatar
Tash8
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 12522
Joined: Feb 19th, '07, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby TranSlucEnt » Aug 26th, '14, 05:15

Fucked up
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
User avatar
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sep 29th, '13, 08:19
Location: Minnesota
Gender: Male

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby mdemaz » Aug 26th, '14, 17:40

Aone10 wrote:
SliK wrote:And some are morons.


The morons are the people that don't understand that when a cop tells you to freeze, you fucking freeze.

This.

Police risk their lives each day to make sure that us whack jobs don't kill each other, and through all the bullshit, you do get an incident like this where a man gets shot. OH COPS KILLING BLACKS RAH RAH RAH. No, the man was a threat and he was treated like a threat, thus they ended his life to most likely spare the lives of everyone in the vicinity of that sidewalk. NOTHING could have been helped. NOBODY knew what the dude had on him. Not even the morons filming the incident.

Police have a job to serve and protect, yeah? Police usually go after people who they know for a fact are a danger to others. When they pull you over for a breath test, they are more than 100 percent of the time pulling you over because you've done some dirt. They find out all of this shit, don't you worry about it. Me and my dad never got pulled over once nine our lives, mainly because we aren't rednecks hooning around in 90s model cars blasting obnoxious electro house tracks on a overpowered speaker system. We don't go out looking for trouble by acting like lads, so we get left alone.

People like the dude in the video are most likely the type of person you'd not wanna see on the street. NOT because he's black, no, not at all, but because he's a danger to society. Yes, maybe the cops should have used a taser, but you don't really know if the dude had a derringer or plastic explosives or whatever the fuck. Someone acts suspiciously, you have the option to use lethal force if you feel like they pose a serious threat to you or your fellow policemen.

I'm not trying to generalize here at all, I'm just saying that it's common sense when it comes to the cops. Don't do bad shit and u dun die m8.

People are fucking retarded, so fuck them. I've been reading all of these comments on YouTube and Facebook and I just wanna shoot MYSELF.

So fuckin' gay.
Last edited by mdemaz on Aug 27th, '14, 06:43, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

Image
User avatar
mdemaz
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 10208
Joined: Dec 6th, '10, 12:09
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Gender: Male

Re: Police release video of fatal Kajieme Powell shooting

Postby ProdigalGe0 » Aug 26th, '14, 21:03

Just saw the video and i wanted to say a few things.
First of all i believe that a gun is a means of "lethal subjugation"....so if they shoot it is going to be (or must be) lethal...so dont make them shoot in the first place.
However they could have easily used a stun gun or something (which is non-lethal). Dont know why they didnt tbh.
Finally there is bad and good in everything in our lives...with that being said there will always be dirty cops etc etc. Its down to human nature...we shouldnt generalize so easily because of a single incident (good or bad).

How could you define just without using unjust...or bad without using good??

EDIT: every single person dying i consider it to be a tragedy...but dying from another person's hand...thats worse
Image

The legacy of the angry blonde lives on through you when i'm gone
User avatar
ProdigalGe0
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Oct 1st, '13, 14:10
Location: With Bruno on Mars
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to General News



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]