The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Spain: first case of contracting Ebola outside Africa

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

Re: Spain: first case of contracting Ebola outside Africa

Postby SliK » Oct 10th, '14, 09:46

mdemaz wrote:The cure may be as simple as an antibiotic.

Antibiotics don't pose a threat to viruses.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Oct 10th, '14, 10:28

Calandre wrote:
SliK wrote:
Calandre wrote:And then you wonder why Australia is seen as a racist country
It has nothing to do with race though. If you're an Australian and you contract Ebola overseas don't come back until you've been cured or pronounced dead. If you aren't Australian and you have Ebola just stay in your own diseased country/part of the world.

And I've actually never wondered why Australia is seen as a racist country - it is a racist country built on a "white Australia" policy. I've openly condemned the racist culture and racist behaviour of average Australians.

I know it's not about race.
It's about the colour of your passport.
But "xenophobia" is a word scarcely used in English.

No it's about the threat you pose to this country. Guess_Who isn't a xenophobe for condemning her government for accepting someone with Ebola. So why should I be given that label for wanting to avoid that situation?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 10th, '14, 11:07

SliK wrote:No it's about the threat you pose to this country. Guess_Who isn't a xenophobe for condemning her government for accepting someone with Ebola. So why should I be given that label for wanting to avoid that situation?

Because I wouldn't say fuck the world's problems or whatever you said, can't remember the words exactly.

Everybody is being hypocrite , even in my country, we didn't give a damn when the ebola was just in Africa, but now that it's here.....The people of ONG'S were working on this almost without help. Now that it's touching the first world the gobernments are reacting.

I hope noone else is infected in my country and this would stay in just one person, it's being a miracle the husband isn't infected. Because people are starting to panic in Madrid, and some people can be really dumb when it comes to these things.

edit : And I'm not against repatriation of people with diseasses when the countries can do it and things are done well. But it wasn't our case. Everything was done fast and bad. People were prepared in 15 min courses. I saw a video of how things are done in Germany and here, and Jesus...we are actually lucky there is only 1 infected.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 10th, '14, 13:10

Calandre wrote:Me, personally, I'm not putting any blame on the infected people in Africa.

Me neither. The world closed the eyes to the tragedy in Africa. Like I said ONG's were and still are doing a great job without almost any help from the gobernments.

We complain on the way our gobernment is handling this situation because it's ridiculous.

By the way when we repatrieted the first victim, some ONG's and units of the arny specialized in viral topics offered their help. Help that our smart gobernment rejected.

So basically we repatrieted a person who had 0 chances to survive according to the experts, because he was in a very bad condition, and we did it without having an idea, the doctors said they were searching in google how to act in this situations..... :facepalm

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SajN » Oct 10th, '14, 13:13

A Norwegian helper in Africa has also contacted Ebola. They are, or already have, gonna bring her to Norway to treat her. According to them, they have better system than Spain, so there is no danger.

I hope.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby mdemaz » Oct 10th, '14, 13:18

SliK wrote:
mdemaz wrote:The cure may be as simple as an antibiotic.

Antibiotics don't pose a threat to viruses.

A vaccine with a cocktail of shit would probably do the trick though.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby SajN » Oct 10th, '14, 13:26

Calandre wrote:
SajN wrote:A Norwegian helper in Africa has also contacted Ebola. They are, or already have, gonna bring her to Norway to treat her. According to them, they have better system than Spain, so there is no danger.

I hope.

Stop it there.
Spain has a very good health system (probably not better than Norway because nothing is better than in Norway). The problem is how the situation was handled.
This was a PR campaign - let's bring those two guys back to show how much we care about the Spaniards abroad, how amazing we are, blablablabllabalbl
That hospital used to be a leading hospital for infectious diseases treatment but the government decided to downgraded to save money.
There are causes and consequences...

I meant the system and environment they have created to treat the Ebola patient here in Norway. And I said «According to them».
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby SliK » Oct 10th, '14, 13:27

Meh, I stand by what I've said. Which is don't bring Ebola into this country.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 10th, '14, 13:36

Calandre wrote:Spain has a very good health system (probably not better than Norway because nothing is better than in Norway). The problem is how the situation was handled.

Exactly. Now the world will think we are a disaster, we actually have some of the better professionals in medicine of the world. But ebola was something new to us.

1. The right hospital to treat this with security was closed at the moment.

2. the staff received instruction of how to get rid of the security suit in 15 min, when according to the army and people who is prepared to deal with viruses, you need to practices over 100 times to do it correct, is the most dangerous moment, in Germany they also use liquid disinfectant when they get rid of it and they have a big room, here it was a very small place, no liquid, noone verifying they were doing allright. Nothing.

3. The people in contact with the patients, had no vigilance, they just were to their house and they asked them to take the temperature twice per day. The woman infected was ignored when she said she was feeling bad.

4. The priest repatriated had no chances to survive. They were repatriated because they were priest. If they were any other kind of professionnel, a doctor or something, they wouldn't move a finger. That's the way this gobernment works. They have a great bond with the Catholic Church.

5. They rejected all kind of help, Because we are this good.

6. and now they blame on the victim.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 11th, '14, 11:40

It seems the protective suit the nurse infected was wearing wasn't impermeable in the foot area. :facepalm And they were blaming on her all time. They didn't even provide the correct stuff.

And we are proving to be a country full of dumb people. The brother of the nurse was fired of his job, because they were afraid if he is infected, when he didn't have any contact with her since august because they live far apart.

The kids from the block of the nurse are suffering bullying in the school because the other kids don't want to have any contact with them. :facepalm

We are lucky this is just one case, and hopefully will stay that way, because if not we eat ones to each others.

(PS. I had a lot of trouble to write this, my English is getting to worse)

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Previous

Return to General News