The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

School Has Child Sign "Safety Contract"

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

School Has Child Sign "Safety Contract"

Postby shadyblogger » Oct 12th, '14, 17:19

http://www.local15tv.com/shared/news/fe ... Dqpktm9Kc3

MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) A Mobile mother is not happy about a controversial Mobile County School contract her daughter signed without her consent. The contract promises that her daughter will not kill or injure herself and others.

Rebecca is angry.

"This isn't right. She's 5-years-old," said Rebecca.

Rebecca did not want Local 15 News to use her last name. She said E R Dickson school officials crossed the line when they had her daughter sign a Mobile County Public Safety Contract without her being present.

Rebecca said, "Most of these words on here, she's never heard in her life."

School officials told Rebecca they had to send Elizabeth home after an incident in class.

"They told me she drew something that resembled a gun," said Rebecca. "According to them she pointed a crayon at another student and said, 'pew pew,'' said Rebecca.

She said her child was given a questionnaire to evaluate her for suicidal thoughts.

"[They] Asked her if she was depressed now," said Rebecca.

Without her permission, Rebecca said her child was given the Mobile County Public School Safety Contract to sign stating she wouldn't kill herself or others.

"While I was in the lobby waiting they had my 5-year-old sign a contract about suicide and homicide," said Rebecca.

According to state law, minors cannot legally sign a contract.

"There should be a different way to handle this situation. If this is protocol it needs to be looked at again," said Rebecca.

Local 15 News contacted school officials to see what the proper protocol is when handling "violent-like" behavior. Local 15 News has not heard back.

"My child interrupted us and said, 'What is suicide mommy? Daddy what is suicide?" said Rebecca. "As a parent that's not right. I'm the one should be able to talk to my child and not have someone else mention words like this in front of her at all."

Rebecca is pushing to have the incident removed from her child's record. She said school officials have requested Elizabeth see a psychiatrist.

She believes that is unnecessary.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: School Has Child Sign "Safety Contract"

Postby Rafael » Oct 13th, '14, 00:35

Whoah.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Re: School Has Child Sign "Safety Contract"

Postby EG. » Oct 13th, '14, 00:38