The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Terrorists Threaten Los Angeles and Australia

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

Terrorists Threaten Los Angeles and Australia

Postby eminemcaparica » Sep 14th, '05, 22:17

A tape delivered to ABC News in Pakistan this weekend features a masked man making terrorist threats against Los Angeles and Australia.

ABC News reported that the man is believed to be Adam Yahiye Gadahn, an American from California purported to be an al-Qaida member and wanted by the FBI. The CIA said today it was aware of the report but had no immediate comment about the tape's authenticity.

Counterterror officials believe Gadahn also may be the person on a 75-minute video given to ABC News last year in Pakistan.

The latest tape was aired on ABC's "Good Morning America" on today, the fourth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. The man on the tape, wearing a black turban with most of his face covered, calls the attacks of four years ago "blessed events" before making a threat against the U.S.

"Yesterday, London and Madrid. Tomorrow, Los Angeles and Melbourne, Allah willing. And this time, don't count on us demonstrating restraint and compassion," the man says during the 11-minute tape.

The man on the tape goes on to call President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair "liars" and issues a warning.

"We love peace, but when the enemy violates that peace or prevents us from achieving it, then we love nothing better than the heat of battle, the echo of explosions, and slitting the throats of the infidels," he says.

In a joint statement, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and police Chief William Bratton said authorities knew of no specific, credible threat to the city and that they had discussed the tape with FBI and Department of Homeland Security officials.

Investigators have said Gadahn, who grew up on a farm in California, converted to Islam as a teen, moved to Pakistan, attended al-Qaida training camps and served as a translator for the terrorist organization.

Gadahn's aunt, Nancy Pearlman, said she had seen news coverage of the video but the family had no comment.

Last year Philip Gadahn said that he was baffled by the allegation his son was an al-Qaida operative, saying he has spoken to his son only occasionally in recent years but still can't imagine that he would be involved with a terrorist network.

Pakistan's Interior Minister Aftab Khan Sherpao said that authorities in his country "naturally inquire when such a tape appears, to know who delivered it or how. Asked whether Gadahn could be in Pakistan, Sherpao said, "I have no information."
eminemcaparica
Role Model
Role Model

Postby TRshady » Sep 14th, '05, 22:29

As this is new I'll give ya'll time to get used to how things work.
But please post a source at the bottom of each news post.
( a source is what site you got the informaton from ).
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby eminemcaparica » Sep 14th, '05, 22:32

TRshady wrote:As this is new I'll give ya'll time to get used to how things work.
But please post a source at the bottom of each news post.
( a source is what site you got the informaton from ).

why???
eminemcaparica
Role Model
Role Model

Postby TRshady » Sep 14th, '05, 22:44

Because it's important for the news to be trusted and believed. It ensures everything posted is real and also enables people to read more on the subject by following the link. It's something that is essential for this section to work.
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby Sunni » Sep 14th, '05, 22:46

So this is for everything that's going on in the world? How about concerts?
Sunni

Postby TRshady » Sep 14th, '05, 22:56

Anything fairly important that people will want to know about can be posted here. This can include hip hop news but should be geared more towards non entertainment news.
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby eminemcaparica » Sep 15th, '05, 12:25

TRshady wrote:Because it's important for the news to be trusted and believed. It ensures everything posted is real and also enables people to read more on the subject by following the link. It's something that is essential for this section to work.

but if the news that i post is from a Portuguese site? y'all don't know how to reed portuguese.... how can i do that?
eminemcaparica
Role Model
Role Model

Postby TRshady » Sep 15th, '05, 12:47

As long as the article is written in English on the Portuguesse site then it's fine for you to link to it bro. I take it you didn't translate the article for us? :P
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby AspirinE » Sep 15th, '05, 13:06

Those fuckers blew up 3 russian highly populated buildings
4 metros

Bastards
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby walend » Sep 15th, '05, 15:46

Cool TR, now i'm gonna be a reporter :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glenfiddich Single Malt Whisky
Eminem
Nirvana
VW Golf GTI
Painting & Paint
^^^^^^ Basically my intrests
walend
Renegade
Renegade

Postby yoshi » Sep 15th, '05, 16:53

ASPIRINE wrote:Those fuckers blew up 3 russian highly populated buildings
4 metros

Bastards

when?! this or last year?
Maybe wrote:I'm so awesome, I don't mind looking desperate.

Chet wrote:Fuck House. If I wanted to watch a sarcastic person in the medical field, I would stalk Yoshi :8)
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby eminemcaparica » Sep 15th, '05, 17:28

TRshady wrote:As long as the article is written in English on the Portuguesse site then it's fine for you to link to it bro. I take it you didn't translate the article for us? :P

if it's a small article i may translate, i ain't got no problem with that, my homepage is a site that got all the important think of the more important news http://www.sapo.pt and i didn't mind to translate it... shouldn't i post translate news?
eminemcaparica
Role Model
Role Model

Postby yoshi » Sep 15th, '05, 17:30

^ u definitely should post translated articles only.. ;)

Chet wrote:Fuck House. If I wanted to watch a sarcastic person in the medical field, I would stalk Yoshi :8)
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Tomega » Sep 15th, '05, 18:03

The whole world is afraid. Denmark, France and The Netherlands think they would be victim of terrorism one day.
Tomega
Role Model
Role Model

Postby yoshi » Sep 15th, '05, 18:09

we think so too.. our fuckin president licks Bush ass, we're in Iraq although most of us is against it.. : :evil: :evil: this week this motherfucker was Schwarzenegger's guest.. :x

yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Next

Return to General News