The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Tropical Storm Rita gaining strength and heading towards the

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

Tropical Storm Rita gaining strength and heading towards the

Postby AspirinE » Sep 19th, '05, 20:54

MIAMI, Sept. 18 (UPI) -- Tropical Storm Rita gained strength as it moved closer to the Bahamas, with top sustained winds of 50 mph about 295 miles southeast of Nassau.

The National Hurricane Center said it could become a Category 1 hurricane by late Monday.

Forecasters said Rita continued to gain strength as it moved west-northwest at near 10 mph Sunday night, with tropical storm force winds extending out..ward up to 70 mph. The storm was expected to move over the southeast and central Bahamas Sunday night and Monday.

A hurricane watch for the Florida Keys was upgraded to a hurricane warning late Sunday. A hurricane warning is now in effect for all of the Florida Keys and Florida Bay from Ocean Reef to Dry Tortugas.

At 11 p.m. EDT, the center of Tropical Storm Rita was located about 295 miles southeast of Nassau and less than 500 miles from Ocean Reef on Key Largo.

Visitors and non-residents have been ordered to evacuate the lower Keys.

The Monroe County Emergency Management Center will be fully activated Monday morning.

Weather conditions in the Florida Keys are expected to deteriorate slowly Monday, with tropical storm force winds possible by evening and hurricane force winds of 74 mph or greater as early as Tuesday morning.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/?fe...pical-3rdld.xml

[url]http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/ ... 06W_sm.gif
[/url]
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby walend » Sep 24th, '05, 16:32

Has Rite reached the country allready?
Glenfiddich Single Malt Whisky
Eminem
Nirvana
VW Golf GTI
Painting & Paint
^^^^^^ Basically my intrests
walend
Renegade
Renegade

Postby j_shady » Sep 24th, '05, 16:54

man i was watchin the news most of the day, its gettin crazy out there..people have ran off to different places to avoid this shit. i hope only properties not people get messed up w/ this
j_shady
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby eminemcaparica » Sep 24th, '05, 18:04

Damn... i kow... i tryin to give alot attention ti it. :(
eminemcaparica
Role Model
Role Model

Postby yoshi » Sep 24th, '05, 18:35

damn, what makes me upset is the fact, that this ppl are the same ppl who ran away when Katrina reached the USA.. :( it's like never ending story, you ran from one place to another and then you have to do the same thing because of antoher hurricane.. :shock:
Maybe wrote:I'm so awesome, I don't mind looking desperate.

Chet wrote:Fuck House. If I wanted to watch a sarcastic person in the medical field, I would stalk Yoshi :8)
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Curious » Sep 24th, '05, 19:45

yoshi wrote:damn, what makes me upset is the fact, that this ppl are the same ppl who ran away when Katrina reached the USA.. :( it's like never ending story, you ran from one place to another and then you have to do the same thing because of antoher hurricane.. :shock:

Yeah, it's devastating - these ppl have already lost so much... Sometimes I feel so fortunate to live in a country where nature never shows itself from it's most destructive side...
Hope Rita doesn't wreck too much havoc.
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Postby yoshi » Sep 24th, '05, 19:58

yeah, i hope it doesn't but there are already some victims - they died while bus's blaze.. about 20 old ppl.. :( but it was yesterday or the day before yesterday..
Maybe wrote:I'm so awesome, I don't mind looking desperate.

Chet wrote:Fuck House. If I wanted to watch a sarcastic person in the medical field, I would stalk Yoshi :8)
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Return to General News