The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Video exposes street harassment in New York

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Video exposes street harassment in New York

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 3rd, '14, 01:46

SliK wrote:Women who take videos like this and run with them, trying to use them to push an agenda really sicken me.

There is a genuine inequality between the sexes that needs to be addressed from both sides. Men and women both suffer inequalities. This video does nothing to demonstrate that and only serves to fuel the fire of hate between genders.

I see women ranting and raving about this video and it makes me (an intelligent male who supports equal rights) distance myself from the cause because there is so many MORONIC PEOPLE (men and women) who claim to be "feminists" and just make the whole movement look like a fucking joke.

This video is all over facebook and there are women commenting "I don't see this as an issue, I like the attention as long as it's not creepy" and other women fire back "well aren't you pathetic how low is your self esteem that you need the attention of every man you pass this is the problem with society women like you give men the idea that it's ok"

Now what the fuck is more respectful. A man saying "good morning beautiful" on the streets TO YOUR FACE or a fucking keyboard warrior giving you a high school level psychology evaluation over fucking facebook?

This whole issue is about disrespecting women but I see more women disrespecting their own gender than I ever see men disrespecting anyone.

There is a lot of truth in what you're saying. But the inequality between men and women is definitely stilted towards one side. Women have the short end of the stick on more things than men do. Don't get me wrong, men have to deal with some shit that isnt addressed as publicly as women's issues are. But the there is not an equal amount of inequality for both genders. I'm not sure if thats what you were saying, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Everything should be addressed for sure, for both men and women.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 3rd, '14, 02:19

People are always going to complain and be unhappy unfortunately
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 3rd, '14, 05:32

:laughing:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby mdemaz » Nov 3rd, '14, 06:08

holy shit those girls are awful actors
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Guess_Who » Nov 3rd, '14, 12:02

I won't even comment on the last pages because you are getting everything wrong. And make out of this some social analysis implying feminists and whatever, everytime a woman complain , same story.

Like I said 100 times, neither of the women posting here said it is not annoying getting so much attention in the street. It's not about the guy saying good morning, it's about another type of guys. Why would someone have to grab my ass in the street? should I feel flattered because of that? ....And btw I don't know any girl who enjoys that kind of attention.

ah....this is making me mad so I leave the thread. The last video is funny.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 3rd, '14, 12:09

Guess_Who wrote:I won't even comment on the last pages because you are getting everything wrong. And make out of this some social analysis implying feminists and whatever, everytime a woman complain , same story.

Like I said 100 times, neither of the women posting here said it is not annoying getting so much attention in the street. It's not about the guy saying good morning, it's about another type of guys. Why would someone have to grab my ass in the street? should I feel flattered because of that? ....And btw I don't know any girl who enjoys that kind of attention.

ah....this is making me mad so I leave the thread. The last video is funny.

the video is manufactured outrage, simple as that, i hear what u saying however but u left so :flower:
as for the last vid yep was supposed to be funny lel :happy:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Trimss » Dec 1st, '14, 15:03

Menzo wrote:
Calandre wrote:“She showed great moral courage, stood up and helped, and I really hope that won’t be forgotten. It’s simply not ok for a guy to raise his hand against a girl, that’s the reason I’m here”, said Yakup Simseki, a member of a support group for Tugce.

Disagree.

Double standards.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Previous

Return to Serious Debate