The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Your Theories On Evolution?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Your Theories On Evolution?

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 9th, '09, 02:59

Adam Quinn wrote:
Same thing I said

Are you posting in agreement? Or are you saying that I was being redundant in saying the same thing you did? Because if it's the latter, I'd have to say that

AbramIsaac wrote:Sorry, thought I'd point out that that statement is questionable at best. Not really speaking on your religion or anything like that, but the truth of the matter is: that's most likely a myth propagated by Christians.

It's based on an account by Elizabeth Reid ("Lady Hope", an evangelist). She said she visited Darwin on his death bed and he recanted his theory of evolution and converted to Christianity. This account isn't supported by Darwin's children, and his daughter was present throughout his illness and stated that Lady Hope was never present, and that she didn't think that Lady Hope and Charles ever met.

Just thought I'd point that out, because I'm sure you wouldn't want to spread falsehood.

As far as the topic goes, I'd say I probably support evolution, it makes sense to me.

And

Adam Quinn wrote:That sounds like a theory backed and put out by religious groups. :n: I'm a full blown atheist.

Aren't exactly the same thing. Same theme, perhaps...if you were just saying that my post was an affirmation to your view, then I'd have to agree.

Religion has spread alot of such misinformation about science.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 9th, '09, 03:35

Adam Quinn wrote:I'm agreeing with you....

Ok, not trying to be argumentative, it's just that some things get lost in translation (so to speak) on the internet. I didn't mean any disrespect, but sometimes people on here can get snappy for no reason (case in point).

Anyway, you were right--misinformation spread by Christian types.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby psu24 » Dec 9th, '09, 08:36

Adam Quinn wrote:Religion just didn't make sense to me. IMO it's taught and then believed. If my parents were muslim, I would be muslim, if my parents were Jewish, I would be Jewish. Little things like that are what started it. As I got older I went searching for answers and it seemed like God was invented by man. It was just something that people needed to believe like Santa Claus or some shit. After I got more into being an Atheist I realized how narrow minded religious people were. They judge everybody as if they were "God" themselves. The hate anything that's different or goes against the bible. "You're going to Hell," "God is gonna punish you." They would go around saying that shit to people they didn't even know. The funny thing is I became a better "christain" after I changed my beliefs and became an atheist.

I couldn't disagree more. Yes when you're younger like 8-12 or w/e yes you are taught things by your parents and others but once you hit a certain age you make decisions for yourself. If you want to believe in a higher power or you don't. Maybe your parents areMuslim, doesn't mean you can't be Christian. In the end my belief is that belief in God is what really matters. I don't care what religion you are a part of there is only one God. Secondly, if you are a true follower of Christ or whomever then you do not judge other people period. Thirdly, I can't speak for all religious people but I don't give a damn what other people do. If homosexuals want to get married that's great just don't bring it around me because I don't want any part of it. All I'm saying is don't stereotype because the majority of the people you are talking about are actually good people. To answer the question on evolution, I really don't know. Our bodies are completely changed from that of primates. Plus having 46 chromosomes compared to a primate's 48 it doesn't seem very plausible.
psu24
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 9th, '09, 16:05

psu24 wrote:I couldn't disagree more. Yes when you're younger like 8-12 or w/e yes you are taught things by your parents and others but once you hit a certain age you make decisions for yourself. If you want to believe in a higher power or you don't. Maybe your parents areMuslim, doesn't mean you can't be Christian. In the end my belief is that belief in God is what really matters. I don't care what religion you are a part of there is only one God. Secondly, if you are a true follower of Christ or whomever then you do not judge other people period. Thirdly, I can't speak for all religious people but I don't give a damn what other people do. If homosexuals want to get married that's great just don't bring it around me because I don't want any part of it. All I'm saying is don't stereotype because the majority of the people you are talking about are actually good people. To answer the question on evolution, I really don't know. Our bodies are completely changed from that of primates. Plus having 46 chromosomes compared to a primate's 48 it doesn't seem very plausible.

Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in physics wrote:Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion

You sound like a good person, so don't take the quote as an insult. Personally, I really respect people that accept all religions and don't use religion to inhibit the progress and/or rights of others. So this doesn't really apply to you, just by reading your post. However, when you say that the "majority" are good people...I wouldn't say your wrong, but I'd say it doesn't matter. Good people have been doing bad things for a long time*, and religion has played a hand in it more often than we might want to believe.

On the primate thing, we didn't evolve from primates that are on this earth today. That's not to say that I am a total believer in the theory (though it does make sense to me) but we only share a common ancestor, according to theory. I don't think it's too far of a reach to say that we developed the extra chromosones while the other primates didn't. I haven't studied too much on this subject though, so I can't really speak with much authority.

* Source: http://www.godhatesfags.com

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby psu24 » Dec 9th, '09, 20:40

^ You're welcome to your beliefs but that's not the Christians I know your describing the minority. Yes there are bad people of every race, religion, gender but you're not going to convince me that their are a higher percentage of good atheists than Christians that's ludicrous. I have no problem with people not believing it's their choice like I said. And I love how atheists will say that we try to force our beliefs, I see more from your side doing exactly that. I'm not going on after this I'm just giving my opinion. And also I'm not ignorant enough to believe that God would choose sides during something as petty as a sporting event. I'm not saying those who believe have or don't have an advantage over those who don't but that's another story. And one last thing, if God does not exist why are you arguing? It obviously doesn't matter so why get upset? Nobody's there remember?
psu24
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr. Chambers » Dec 11th, '09, 06:57

sorry......fake fairy tales<<<<hard facts.....

you can link evolution to pretty much everything.....old fossils....even the shapes of the newly formed baby.......most mammels look alike up to a certain point...

what does religion offer?.............

pretty much much a book with stories and a whole "if you don't believe this" scare tactics.....

i don't put down religion...cuz its all about what gets ppl threw.....i just can't believe religion....sooner or later....everything it stands for will be destroyed....

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby *MIRANDA* » Dec 11th, '09, 07:09

chambers wrote:sorry......fake fairy tales<<<<hard facts.....

you can link evolution to pretty much everything.....old fossils....even the shapes of the newly formed baby.......most mammels look alike up to a certain point...

pretty much much a book with stories and a whole "if you don't believe this" scare tactics.....

i don't put down religion...cuz its all about what gets ppl threw.....i just can't believe religion....sooner or later....everything it stands for will be destroyed....

^
u can have ur believes inna spiritual way but i dont beleive the world stems from it
like if god is what helps u through a tough time good for you..really
but to think thats how the world got started and all..NO
AspirinE wrote:Miranda > space,matter and time > *

>> MA MYSPACE << >> MA DEVIANTART <<
>>igotsumcandyinmyvan<<
Chill A Nity You Boon Image
*MIRANDA*
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Arrinef » Dec 11th, '09, 07:14

*MIRANDA* wrote:

^
u can have ur believes inna spiritual way but i dont beleive the world stems from it
like if god is what helps u through a tough time good for you..really
but to think thats how the world got started and all..NO

nicely said.... :y:

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Dec 11th, '09, 18:48

i stay with my Chicken Or Egg Theory
^propz to angie :flower:
ANGIE'S GROUPIE NUMBA 4 :smoking:

!!!!!!!!------ C-Riz's Myspace ------!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!!!!!!---C-Riz's Youtube Channel---!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
embm will live in london 1 day
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Postby Arrinef » Dec 11th, '09, 22:32

°[~CHR!$~]° wrote:i stay with my Chicken Or Egg Theory

nah, we came from donkey kong man
you didnt know? :b:

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Solace » Dec 12th, '09, 05:43

That.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby classthe_king » Dec 12th, '09, 19:19

I think that evolution is what really happened...because god made it happen. I don't know what the whole story of evolution is but i think god put it in motion.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Sophie » Dec 12th, '09, 20:24

classthe_king wrote:I think that evolution is what really happened...because god made it happen. I don't know what the whole story of evolution is but i think god put it in motion.
That kinda takes the whole reason of evolution away if God is behind it :unsure:
Chill a nity you boon.
Sophie
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby classthe_king » Dec 12th, '09, 20:48

Sophie wrote:
classthe_king wrote:I think that evolution is what really happened...because god made it happen. I don't know what the whole story of evolution is but i think god put it in motion.
That kinda takes the whole reason of evolution away if God is behind it :unsure:

why?
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby MC Anonymous » Dec 12th, '09, 21:07

My beliefs on Evolution are cognitive on the basis that God created Evolution to fit his planet and the ever changing environment around it. For people saying that the Earth can not be made in 6 days, or 6000 years, I believe that too. Yet, what people tend to not realize is that the Latin translation for the word ''Day'' can mean any interval of time. There is no universal translation for that one word. With that being said; how would a supreme intelligent being describe to a peasant (Moses) who's number system didn't have numbers as large as trillions, the actual date that the earth was made? You couldn't tell that peasant, ''It was made 203848483trillion years ago'', because they wouldn't be able to understand it. So, to make it universally understood it was chosen to be 6 days. This is what brings me to my point that evolution can in fact coincide with the Bible.

Evolutionists tend to believe that no divine power should be put with the theory, yet if you really look at science and how it's unfolding... the more we uncover scientific facts and mathematical equations the more scientists are prone to believing in a God. You can also notice the higher levels of creationist scientists emerging because of this.

The issue of morality in human nature, the issue of having a knowledgeable standpoint on what is right or wrong, and the issue of whether or not evolution created these things are always debated with Creationists saying it's not possible, and Evolutionists making up excuses as to why it is possible. Nobody ever thinks to mesh them both together to solve all the debate, nobody ever wants to do that. That is what is sad to me, because of people can come to the realization and maybe try to mesh them both together many conflicts would instantaneously disappear.
LMFAO@ Brittney, bitch looking worse than a chupacabra mixed with a broken down coyote. You're disgusting ugly, so ugly in fact, my brain simultaneously exploded while processing how bitterly grotesque you look. I would much rather stick ice picks into the walls of my cranium, then stick my dick into your quagmire of a clitoris. You're what would happen if a sperm whale mated with a Godzilla fish..

MC Anonymous
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate