The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What do you think happens when you die?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: What do you think happens when you die?

Postby Alia » Dec 15th, '10, 21:41

Yeah, this life isn't all that great, so there better be an after life. We'll see if I'm wrong or not in the end...unless I'm wrong, in which case we'll just be dead! Win-win situation! :coffee:
Alia
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Kevin Paul » Dec 17th, '10, 00:35

I don't fear death I fear that there is a heaven and we will continue living.Forever.
Kevin Paul
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SlimShadyX313X » Dec 17th, '10, 00:45

]Thats a hard question only the people that died could of answered that, but my guess is that when you die you ither go to heaven or hell
Heaven: is the place in the sky were everything is normall you could see everyone that was dead or go into earth as a spirit and visit alive people and in heaven what ever you want you get its a all you can get free place

Hell: in hell you burn and smoke pot with the devel

Im a christian
Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned.
Eminem

“Dealing with backstabbers,
there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned.”

Brain damage, ever since the day I was born
Drugs is what they used to say I was on
They say I never knew which way I was goin
But everywhere I go they keep playin my song.

Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby WakeUpShow » Dec 17th, '10, 22:04

EminemBase wrote:Nothing.

When your brain dies, your body dies; you have no thoughts, no conscience, no consciousness (the thing which allows you to ponder this question to begin with). You are DEAD. Simple as that. Anything beyond that or contradictory to that is fantasy and wishful thinking due to fear of death.

And the old "you can't be sure until your dead" is a win-win cop-out. Because the people who WISH something happens and who use that defense, when they're proven wrong... people who live in reality can't turn to them and go "I fucking told you", by definition.

Just because we're not dead and therefore can't 100% say it doesn't mean it's 50/50 or that it's a great mystery. As you can use that defense for anything. If I tell you I can fly and you say prove it and I say I can't but... "can you fly? no, therefore neither of us know for sure".

That kind of thinking is fucking gibberish. Mind-puke, nonsense, baby-thinking, cowardly avoidance of reality. There are an innumerable things we cannot absolutely define and say THIS CANNOT BE DONE, but that doesn't mean that they can be. We still know A LOT. We still know the laws by which our planet / surrounding life operates and we still have a logical basis which can be applied to anything. And logically, surviving your death is impossible. For it to be possible, every logical law of science would have to be wrong, but we can see constantly, they're... not.

We know our view of science and logic (at a basic level) are absolutely correct. We know it from the computers we type on, the cars we drive, the medicine that heals us. So, life after death = not possible. Anybody who says different can't face the fact they're going to one day not exist.

Which is beyond me anyway. Life is one giant pain the fucking ass as it is. Why the fuck would you want MORE? Isn't this enough, for fuck's sake. It's enough of a headache, fucking 40 years would do me fine. Who the fuck wants an eternity, stop being so fucking greedy.

And who the fuck are these cocksuckers constantly wishing and yearning for an infinite existence when they're not even half-way through or accomplished at... anything in their current life?. It'd be like having a gigantic feast put in front of you, a collosal selection of food for the next 80 years and going "what's after this?". It's like for fuck sake, eat what's in front of you first. Not that it makes the thought any less silly but man, I've had enough of life as it is. If there really was an eternal existence there'd be no escape, you'd blow your brains out and be right back into it... FOREVER? Who the fuck wants that. It's twisted.

hey I don't want to start an argument, I just want to post a few points. Scientists and Doctors really don't fully understand the brain yet, so they how can you be totally sure the mind dies with the body, see what I'm saying? And Einstein and Hawkins both admitted that they think God may exist. Just something to think about :happy:
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EminemBase » Dec 18th, '10, 03:03

CoSh wrote:
EminemBase wrote:Nothing.

When your brain dies, your body dies; you have no thoughts, no conscience, no consciousness (the thing which allows you to ponder this question to begin with). You are DEAD. Simple as that. Anything beyond that or contradictory to that is fantasy and wishful thinking due to fear of death.

And the old "you can't be sure until your dead" is a win-win cop-out. Because the people who WISH something happens and who use that defense, when they're proven wrong... people who live in reality can't turn to them and go "I fucking told you", by definition.

Just because we're not dead and therefore can't 100% say it doesn't mean it's 50/50 or that it's a great mystery. As you can use that defense for anything. If I tell you I can fly and you say prove it and I say I can't but... "can you fly? no, therefore neither of us know for sure".

That kind of thinking is fucking gibberish. Mind-puke, nonsense, baby-thinking, cowardly avoidance of reality. There are an innumerable things we cannot absolutely define and say THIS CANNOT BE DONE, but that doesn't mean that they can be. We still know A LOT. We still know the laws by which our planet / surrounding life operates and we still have a logical basis which can be applied to anything. And logically, surviving your death is impossible. For it to be possible, every logical law of science would have to be wrong, but we can see constantly, they're... not.

We know our view of science and logic (at a basic level) are absolutely correct. We know it from the computers we type on, the cars we drive, the medicine that heals us. So, life after death = not possible. Anybody who says different can't face the fact they're going to one day not exist.

Which is beyond me anyway. Life is one giant pain the fucking ass as it is. Why the fuck would you want MORE? Isn't this enough, for fuck's sake. It's enough of a headache, fucking 40 years would do me fine. Who the fuck wants an eternity, stop being so fucking greedy.

And who the fuck are these cocksuckers constantly wishing and yearning for an infinite existence when they're not even half-way through or accomplished at... anything in their current life?. It'd be like having a gigantic feast put in front of you, a collosal selection of food for the next 80 years and going "what's after this?". It's like for fuck sake, eat what's in front of you first. Not that it makes the thought any less silly but man, I've had enough of life as it is. If there really was an eternal existence there'd be no escape, you'd blow your brains out and be right back into it... FOREVER? Who the fuck wants that. It's twisted.

hey I don't want to start an argument, I just want to post a few points. Scientists and Doctors really don't fully understand the brain yet, so they how can you be totally sure the mind dies with the body, see what I'm saying? And Einstein and Hawkins both admitted that they think God may exist. Just something to think about :happy:

No we don't fully understand it but we understand it, and logic, and the body easily enough to know that when the body dies the brain dies.

From the fact that dead people have... no brain activity. That's a big clue. The brain needs blood pumping through the body and it in order to operate, when your heart stops pumping your brain cannot operate, you're starved of oxygen and become dead wood. So to justify anything outside of that, you're moving into irrational territory, which is moot.

And no, neither of them said they think god may exist. This is a very old chesnut that's always brought up by people who misunderstand metaphors both have used in the past.

For example, Einstein said "God doesn't play dice". But he's using the word god there as a metaphor for that of the Universe which we do not yet understand. He's basically questioning randomness vs. determinism in regards to nature. He's not saying god in the way religious people think of god - a personal god which answers prays and interferes in war.

So, great scientists like him have employed the use of the word. But Einstein did not believe in god and neither does Stephen Hawking. Here's what Einstein said on this in-fact...

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

Not that it would justify it even if every genius alive believed in god, but he did not believe in a personal god. At best he was a deist - believing more-so in the possibility of the Universe being a god of itself, a self-contained 'mind' of sorts. But not one with emotions, or personality or which concerns itself with human affairs or the world, or is actually conscious in the way you think of it.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Hiphopdane » Dec 18th, '10, 18:48

I believe there is something that the human being will never be clever enough to find out. Something that is not meant to be discovered.

It is not even something that should be discussed that much (not that I have anything against this thread) because.... people are too focused on what happens after death when they probably won't die any time soon anyway. It's more important to figure out how to live your life the best possible way while you are here. You shouldn't compromise your way of living because you are afraid of the "consequences" when you are dead.

EDIT: I'm not dedicating myself to any belief cus I don't really know anything. I tend to believe in certain parts of the Bible but a lot of it just doesn't seem reasonable. I'm even flirting a little bit with the Quran when it says - God himself in this case - that everything is meant to be.

All I know is that everyone who isn't open-minded enough to let other people believe in what they do are fucking idiots. It's not like you are going to die if someone doesn't believe Jesus is God's son or anything.

If people find peace in something and don't disturb anyone with it. Fine.
"Historically speaking cause people be dissin', the first graffiti artists in the world were the Egyptians." - KRS-One

My blog: http://hiphopdane.blogspot.com/
Hiphopdane
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BigBomb2012 » Dec 20th, '10, 06:01

For me what do I think will happen.

Get buried and be on my way too hell even though I try and pray every night before I go to sleep hoping that the next day will be even better then the first.
BigBomb2012
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby biterph0bia » Dec 20th, '10, 06:29

SlimShadyX313X wrote:]Thats a hard question only the people that died could of answered that, but my guess is that when you die you ither go to heaven or hell
Heaven: is the place in the sky were everything is normall you could see everyone that was dead or go into earth as a spirit and visit alive people and in heaven what ever you want you get its a all you can get free place

Hell: in hell you burn and smoke pot with the devel

Im a christian
Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned.
Eminem

This isn't on topic to your post, but you should put that in your signature
biterph0bia
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Dec 31st, '10, 17:35

When you die, you'll be buried :coffee:

If you are lucky
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Jaz » Dec 31st, '10, 18:36

WilyMo021 wrote:
CoSh wrote:I believe in Heaven and Hell, but not as complicated as Guta lol. If you are a well meaning person who is sorry for their sons, and you love God you get to heaven. And I think no matter how bad your life is, God will give you a chance when being judged to ask for forgiveness.

As a Catholic it is a legitimate belief to believe that Hell is empty, and I'm gonna stick to that :smoking:

There are some things I don't get about Catholics, this is something I REALLY don't get. Mind you, I was raised a Catholic.

"And I think no matter how bad your life is, God will give you a chance when being judged to ask for forgiveness." Abso-fucking-lutely-not. The last thing I would do after the end of my miserable existence on earth would be to ask for forgiveness from the god that granted it to me. AND I have to love him? Makes no sense, I didn't ask for life, I just am. I don't owe him anything. In fact, why the fuck does he even want me to ask for forgiveness, or love him? Why is god so insecure? Because god didn't create us in his image, we created him in ours. Our "perfect" deity displays weaknesses found in man. He is a quick tempered, imperfect, unreasonable......and so on, and so on.

However, I don't think poorly of the average church-goer's intentions. Like my parents, I believe many of them are good natured people that just have people they love far too much to be able to accept them go for all eternity. . .

Fuck, its 8 am. Goodnight!

One last thing-

When we die we go back and relive all the choices we made, unknowingly of course, and go down that alternate path. This happens over and over again infinitely.

or

Our subconscious that created everything we perceived in our human shell for a brief moment realizes what is going on, then there is a bright light and we are born.

This might be the best religious based post I've ever read. The thing about God in our image was great.
Jaz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kez » Jan 13th, '11, 18:37

Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mdemaz » Jan 14th, '11, 02:47

Kez wrote:Image

Truth hurts...
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Willy » Jan 17th, '11, 18:57

I'm not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. You must have powerful legs.

god is not real lulz

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby WakeUpShow » Jan 17th, '11, 19:26

WilyMo021 wrote:I'm not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. You must have powerful legs.

god is not real lulz

in your opinion lulz
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Postby jarman007 » Jan 22nd, '11, 14:54

Nothing happens......no heaven , no hell , no Re birth.....nothing

So do what u want to do because u don't come to this world again.......fear no one
jarman007
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate