The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What do you think happens when you die?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: What do you think happens when you die?

Postby iain08 » Aug 11th, '11, 22:29

classthe_king wrote:
iain08 wrote:
Cosh wrote:Trying to grasp the concept and failing.

but that means they wanted to believe in a god, but just couldn't. atheists don't want to believe in a god.

No. That's not how it is at all.

for which part? i'm not getting into a relgion debate though, I know shit all about it.
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Aug 11th, '11, 22:31

iain08 wrote:for which part? i'm not getting into a relgion debate though, I know shit all about it.

"Athiests don't want to believe in god"

Athiests don't just force themselves not to believe in god like they don't want to believe in him. They believe in the truth, and they don't feel like that is a god. So you can try to believe in a god and still be athiest.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby iain08 » Aug 11th, '11, 22:37

classthe_king wrote:

Athiests don't just force themselves not to believe in god like they don't want to believe in him. They believe in the truth, and they don't feel like that is a god. So you can try to believe in a god and still be athiest.

I didn't mean it as in atheists are purposely avoiding the 'truth', but more like they know they're right (that god doesn't exist) and won't be convinced that a god exists because it doesn't make sense to them. it's illogical.
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Aug 11th, '11, 22:40

iain08 wrote:
classthe_king wrote:

I didn't mean it as in atheists are purposely avoiding the 'truth', but more like they know they're right (that god doesn't exist) and won't be convinced that a god exists because it doesn't make sense to them. it's illogical.

Yeah but that doesn't mean that in their transistion period from christian to athiest that they didn't try to believe in a god but found that they couldn't.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Solace » Aug 11th, '11, 22:41

iain08 wrote:
Cosh wrote:Trying to grasp the concept and failing.

but that means they wanted to believe in a god, but just couldn't. atheists don't want to believe in a god.

A lot of atheists don't believe in God because they can't (not because they don't want to; those that don't really care are more agnostic if anything). It would seem far too illogical and unbelievable to someone who doesn't believe in God, or a God or whatever, but Atheists can still try to but not be able to as Cosh said, grasp the concept and failing.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby iain08 » Aug 11th, '11, 23:52

Solace wrote:A lot of atheists don't believe in God because they can't (not because they don't want to; those that don't really care are more agnostic if anything). It would seem far too illogical and unbelievable to someone who doesn't believe in God, or a God or whatever, but Atheists can still try to but not be able to as Cosh said, grasp the concept and failing.
classthe_king wrote:Yeah but that doesn't mean that in their transistion period from christian to athiest that they didn't try to believe in a god but found that they couldn't.

how do you try and fail though? what's stopping them from believing? because if someone went from christian to atheist that could mean they only were christian because they were brought up that way and grew up thinking god exists, until they really questioned it.
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Aug 11th, '11, 23:54

Because I tried to believe in God. I did a lot of research on the matter and soul searching so that I could find out the truth. I didn't finally decide I didn't believe in God because I didn't want to believe in God, I did it because it was the truth.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby iain08 » Aug 11th, '11, 23:59

classthe_king wrote:Because I tried to believe in God. I did a lot of research on the matter and soul searching so that I could find out the truth. I didn't finally decide I didn't believe in God because I didn't want to believe in God, I did it because it was the truth.

that's how I feel too. a God existing doesn't make sense at all to me, so I've never pursued it or even thought about turning to religion.
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Solace » Aug 12th, '11, 00:00

How do you try and fail? Lol, it would be QUITE hard for someone who's grown up with values of no God to just push God into their life and try to believe that there is something much larger than them that some how created them, almost as if it's magic. And I wasn't talking about someone who turned Christian to Athiest, I just mean an Athiest in general. It's a difficult concept to believe in, and there are too many unanswered questions for someone questioning God's existence to just give in and believe in something they can't see, in something that doesn't talk to them, in something they don't really see helping the world at all, in something they see as fiction, etc.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to debate though lol. You're trying to debate that non-believers can't try and fail? And that it's either succeed in believing, or not believing at all? I'm not quite sure how this topic rose, since this is supposed to be about the afterlife lol.

Well, non-believers can try and fail because no matter who they interact with, or what bibles they read through, or stories they read/hear of, or what documentaries about God's existence they watch, they still can't believe there is a God. And you can't really debate that, I mean that's exactly what non-believers do. Unless you're a non-believer who has tried and failed, you can't really have much to say against it. You're speaking for something you're not apart of, and saying it doesn't work like that, since you're not a non-believer who tried and failed, but a non-believer who doesn't care to try.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby the real slim shady » Aug 12th, '11, 00:18

i would like to think there is some kind of god, but as no-one has or can prove there is one i simply cant make myself believe in it. If someone can prove god exists, then cool, but i dont see it happening. I think the universe was made by the big bang, life was an 'accident' and evolution is what has made us what we are, ass all of that has been proven to me and seems logical. If someone can prove me wrong, fair play.

We are getting a bit off topic by the way guys, i didnt help there^ but you know, just throwing that out there.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby J.R. » Aug 12th, '11, 00:50

I think you either rot in hell or say hi to the man upstairs.
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eedee » Aug 13th, '11, 08:34

BShady14 wrote:I think you either rot in hell or say hi to the man upstairs.

How can you rot in hell when all that fire needs the oxygen to burn?

And I've heard the phrase "Choke in Hell" meaning a lack of oxygen. Then how can one "rot" or "burn" without oxygen (rotting needs oxygen, fire needs oxygen).
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Solace » Aug 13th, '11, 18:15

^Not sure if serious.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby the real slim shady » Aug 13th, '11, 19:20

Solace wrote:^Not sure if serious.

he is being too serious :facepalm
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » Aug 13th, '11, 19:25

Haha yeah. :sweating:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate