The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What do you think happens when you die?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: What do you think happens when you die?

Postby Solace » Aug 5th, '11, 20:36

Tell it to him not me I'm not agreeing with him :coffee:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby classthe_king » Aug 5th, '11, 20:37

Well if he comes into this thread then he'll see it :coffee:
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Solace » Aug 5th, '11, 20:39

Well I think I'm done reading this newspaper and I'm just putting an empty cup to my lips :coffee:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Eedee » Aug 9th, '11, 11:22

I'm not religious, because I'm a staunch atheist. I'm not spiritual and I don't believe in anything paranormal like an afterlife or ghosts or whatnot. I'm a very skeptical and rational guy.

We didn't exist before we were born. We have no recollection of the world before we were born (then again, even then, we don't. So like one year, two years old, but you know what I mean). When we die, we just cease to exist. It's simple to me... So I enjoy this life that I have, and my soundtrack is Eminem :D
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby iain08 » Aug 10th, '11, 21:04

I just don't see how God can exist. He's like some dictator who wants to rule everything and if you don't pray to him your whole life or do exactly what he wants he'll punish you and put you in hell for all eternity. but even so, there's no way to prove if he exists or not. imagine the thoughts going through your head seconds before you know you're gonna die. you won't know if it's the last time you'll ever think of a thought, or see the world, or hear something. it's weird to think about.
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby the real slim shady » Aug 10th, '11, 23:48

i know someone who died and then was brought back with defibrillators, and he said he cant remember anything happening, like if you sleep but dont dream, he couldnt remember it. just throwin that out there...
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eedee » Aug 11th, '11, 01:08

the real slim shady wrote:i know someone who died and then was brought back with defibrillators, and he said he cant remember anything happening, like if you sleep but dont dream, he couldnt remember it. just throwin that out there...

Sounds more plausible than the "tunnel with light at the end". Although, Carl Sagan once postulated in his book "Broca's Brain" that in our final moments, we relive our FIRST moments. A tunnel. A light. Someone at the end of it. Sound familiar? Yeah. Birth. Tunnel = vagina. A light = The delivery room, you see the first light ever. Person at the end = doctor. Very interesting and very plausible theory!
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby WakeUpShow » Aug 11th, '11, 15:40

iain08 wrote:I just don't see how God can exist. He's like some dictator who wants to rule everything and if you don't pray to him your whole life or do exactly what he wants he'll punish you and put you in hell for all eternity. but even so, there's no way to prove if he exists or not. imagine the thoughts going through your head seconds before you know you're gonna die. you won't know if it's the last time you'll ever think of a thought, or see the world, or hear something. it's weird to think about.

you're sounding more hard-headed than the religions you criticize. Catholicism teaches free-will, meaning God doesn't intervene every second. You go about your life and whatever happens, happens. Karma isn't a factor.
Also, the Church teaches that you can be an Atheist and go to Heaven. As long as you gave your best effort to believe in God and you were a loving and generous person throughout your life.
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Postby WakeUpShow » Aug 11th, '11, 15:41

Eedee wrote:
the real slim shady wrote:i know someone who died and then was brought back with defibrillators, and he said he cant remember anything happening, like if you sleep but dont dream, he couldnt remember it. just throwin that out there...

Sounds more plausible than the "tunnel with light at the end". Although, Carl Sagan once postulated in his book "Broca's Brain" that in our final moments, we relive our FIRST moments. A tunnel. A light. Someone at the end of it. Sound familiar? Yeah. Birth. Tunnel = vagina. A light = The delivery room, you see the first light ever. Person at the end = doctor. Very interesting and very plausible theory!

hahahahah that's classic! very interesting theory.
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Postby the real slim shady » Aug 11th, '11, 17:07

Eedee wrote:

maybe.. this guy said he couldnt remember a thing but someone else in the hospital had been through the same thing a few days earlier and told him that he just remembers seeing white. That could be from waking up in a white hospital, surrounded by people wearing white though :unsure:
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby VeNoMmaLicious » Aug 11th, '11, 18:40

Eedee wrote:

Hmm.. that is something I didn't think about
www.kingofthedot.com
www.grindtimenow.com
www.urltv.tv
www.stepyourlifegameup.com
"Take away my gun, I'm gonna tuck some other shit
Can't tell me shit about the tricks of this trade

Switchblade, with a little switch to switch blades
And switch from a six to a sixteen inch blade

Shit's like a samurai sword or sensai
Shit just don't change to this day"
VeNoMmaLicious
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby iain08 » Aug 11th, '11, 18:48

Cosh wrote:Also, the Church teaches that you can be an Atheist and go to Heaven. As long as you gave your best effort to believe in God and you were a loving and generous person throughout your life.

how can you be an athiest and still give your best effort to believe in God?
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby WakeUpShow » Aug 11th, '11, 22:09

iain08 wrote:
Cosh wrote:Also, the Church teaches that you can be an Atheist and go to Heaven. As long as you gave your best effort to believe in God and you were a loving and generous person throughout your life.

how can you be an athiest and still give your best effort to believe in God?

Trying to grasp the concept and failing.
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Postby iain08 » Aug 11th, '11, 22:20

Cosh wrote:Trying to grasp the concept and failing.

but that means they wanted to believe in a god, but just couldn't. atheists don't want to believe in a god.
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Aug 11th, '11, 22:24

iain08 wrote:
Cosh wrote:Trying to grasp the concept and failing.

but that means they wanted to believe in a god, but just couldn't. atheists don't want to believe in a god.

No. That's not how it is at all.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate