The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Religious Cop Outs

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Religious Cop Outs

Postby VenomBlackViper » Apr 29th, '11, 19:57

Guess_Who wrote:but venom,if you don´t believe in god ,how can you believe in devil? :smoking:

Oh my fucking god (did that on purpose BTW) I swear I end up explaining this to someone every week.
I'm an Atheist with INFLUENCES of Satanism, which is not the same as devil worship. Satanists don't believe in god or the devil they believe in what the devil stands for (freedom, rebellion, opposition of herd mentality)
I was looking into LaVeyan Satanism & found I agreed with a huge amount of what they say.
However they still believe in some pretty retarded shit themselves (like magic) so as I said i'm not a Satanist I just have influences of Satanism, I like a lot of their beliefs & symbolism.
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Guess_Who » Apr 29th, '11, 20:29

VenomBlackViper wrote:Oh my fucking god (did that on purpose BTW) I swear I end up explaining this to someone every week..

lol...
you are all a diva :smoking:

VenomBlackViper wrote:I was looking into LaVeyan Satanism & found I agreed with a huge amount of what they say.
However they still believe in some pretty retarded shit themselves (like magic) so as I said i'm not a Satanist I just have influences of Satanism.

I don´t know what they say but i remember have seen on tv a debate between religious and satanics, and it was almost comical :facepalm
As I said I don´t mind if someone believe in god,devil or 3-meter fly ,while not affecting me...
I wonder if you like HIM(His Infernal Majesty) is a finish rock band ,maybe they have something of Satanism...anyway a great band if you like rock.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby BILI » Apr 29th, '11, 20:37

VenomBlackViper wrote: Satanists don't believe in god or the devil they believe in what the devil stands for (freedom, rebellion, opposition of herd mentality)

Actually they do believe in both god and devil.Just my 2 cents
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby momentsgolden » Apr 29th, '11, 20:49

Spyder wrote:who made god?No One. by understanding the physics of time as a fourth dimension of OUR universe, we can safely say its possible God was there BEFORE time and therefore the "first"
what was here before the universe if god made it? The universe is a different "sphere" or "realm" altogether. Therefore, heaven, which is currently there and we cannot see existed but there was no "matter" so to speak.
why did it take him seven days to make earth if hes god? Its semantics. Even the Catholic church agrees its just a story. a cool story :D
if he loves everyone why does he hate gays?ever heard "love the sinner hate the sin?
if god forgives all why is there a place like hell? Karma and freewill. Without understanding these two basics, its impossible to understand the derivations
why no sex before marriage if we were put her to procreate? Because sex is supposed to happen in a "special" relationship. Could be loosened depending on the particular religious institution
why would you go to hell for not believing?I believe its NOT a basis of going to hell. Being Catholic as well, i'll use the official stance chance which says you only "go there" for bad actions
why is easter not on a specific day if it was Jesus rising again?After such solid questions this is facepalm worthy. :facepalm

Being Religious, just answered some of them. Hope that helps. They are broad and take HOURS to fully explain but for any further help free. :p
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VenomBlackViper » Apr 29th, '11, 20:56

Guess_Who wrote:I don´t know what they say but i remember have seen on tv a debate between religious and satanics, and it was almost comical :facepalm
As I said I don´t mind if someone believe in god,devil or 3-meter fly ,while not affecting me...
I wonder if you like HIM(His Infernal Majesty) is a finish rock band ,maybe they have something of Satanism...anyway a great band if you like rock.

Actually it does affect you because a lot of important decisions are made based on that bullshit.

I'll check them out, I like almost all rock (besides that classical shit) from heavy metal to grunge to alternative. I listen to Satanic black metal like Gorgoroth, Venom(not based on my username I found out about them after I first thought of this name) & Mayhem. I also listen to some Christian bands like Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, Decyfer Down & Red. If it's good music (not to be confused with Kanyes group) then I don't care what their religion is.

BILI wrote:
VenomBlackViper wrote: Satanists don't believe in god or the devil they believe in what the devil stands for (freedom, rebellion, opposition of herd mentality)

Actually they do believe in both god and devil.Just my 2 cents

Just read this

"Anton LaVey describes Satan as a motivating and balancing dark force in nature. Satan is also described as being the "Black Flame", representing a person's own inner personality and desires. Satan is seen as synonymous with the nature and even, metaphorically, with certain conceptions of a supreme deity or God."

"Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice"
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby BILI » Apr 29th, '11, 21:03

VenomBlackViper wrote:Just read this

"Anton LaVey describes Satan as a motivating and balancing dark force in nature. Satan is also described as being the "Black Flame", representing a person's own inner personality and desires. Satan is seen as synonymous with the nature and even, metaphorically, with certain conceptions of a supreme deity or God."

"Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice"

I dont know where you found that but its false,can you post site plz.I know alot about all cults,religions,etc... and I know for a fact that they believe both in god and devil,thats prolly some other type of satanism,there are many different types,but the original one for a fact believes in devil.I knew few satanists,they believe,trust me,they believe more then some Christians.
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby VenomBlackViper » Apr 29th, '11, 21:09

BILI wrote:
VenomBlackViper wrote:Just read this

I dont know where you found that but its false,can you post site plz.I know alot about all cults,religions,etc... and I know for a fact that they believe both in god and devil,thats prolly some other type of satanism,there are many different types,but the original one for a fact believes in devil.I knew few satanists,they believe,trust me,they believe more then some Christians.

I'm talking about LaVeyan Satanism which is different from Theistic Satanism (aka Devil Worship) which is what you're thinking of.
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby BILI » Apr 29th, '11, 23:16

VenomBlackViper wrote:I'm talking about LaVeyan Satanism which is different from Theistic Satanism (aka Devil Worship) which is what you're thinking of.

Yeah I didnt read this part of your post
I was looking into LaVeyan Satanism & found I agreed with a huge amount of what they say.
However they still believe in some pretty retarded shit themselves (like magic) so as I said i'm not a Satanist I just have influences of Satanism, I like a lot of their beliefs & symbolism.

I just quoted you after I read the 1st part.
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Spyder » Apr 30th, '11, 01:51

@ moments golden

no answer the easter question!

there being no matter its scientifically impossible, i realize a religious man would argue god made science so i dont see this argument going anywhere, next point

god had to be made, he cant be the first thing. because the first has to be made. chicken or the egg argument. obviously evolution produced a chicken who layed eggs. god had to be made if he is real

i get the concept of freewill and karma but i refer you to Vipers post.

this point is a must talk on sex was made obviously... sense the beginning of man, marriage has not, marriage yes is made by the church but "adam and eve" werent married. marriage was invented by churches later because they wanted people to be monogamous, god did not specify this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
new points

if there is only one god, why so many religions? why must god say do not believe in anyone other higher power than me? how did we get variations of religion with such different beliefs. such as you stated being "catholic" i believe you go to hell only for bad things. yet christians believe you go if you dont believe. yet they almost think its ridiculous that people have different views.

if adam and eve we white howd we get black people?

if Jesus was jewish... isnt that the religion to follow?
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Blu » Apr 30th, '11, 06:06

So is everyone on this forums an atheist or something? :unsure:
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby momentsgolden » Apr 30th, '11, 10:18

Spyder wrote:@ moments golden

no answer the easter question!

there being no matter its scientifically impossible, i realize a religious man would argue god made science so i dont see this argument going anywhere, next point

god had to be made, he cant be the first thing. because the first has to be made. chicken or the egg argument. obviously evolution produced a chicken who layed eggs. god had to be made if he is real

i get the concept of freewill and karma but i refer you to Vipers post.

this point is a must talk on sex was made obviously... sense the beginning of man, marriage has not, marriage yes is made by the church but "adam and eve" werent married. marriage was invented by churches later because they wanted people to be monogamous, god did not specify this.

Dude, thats a LOT of work!! lol ok, let me try but eish... gonna need a book for this.

to be honest, i really dont understand the Easter question but its more like- Good Friday is celebratin Jesus' death, Sat for when he was dead and Sunday for when he rose again. The Monday is just for people to relax. If u asking why it happens every year- its like a birthday or something That helped :unsure:

Scientifically, there IS before matter and before time. Please refer to the Big Bang theory being explored at the LHC in Switzerland. Hint, google spacetime.

Viper writes alot of stuff, being specific would help. :flower:

Sex has always been there and yes, there was no marriage. Over the years, religions have created "rules" based on what they believe. African traditional advocating for paying of lobola, Islam going for arranged marriage, catholics Marriage and so on. So, if you were specific on which particular Christian denomination in question we could discuss further.

If there is only one god, why so many religions? why must god say do not believe in anyone other higher power than me? how did we get variations of religion with such different beliefs. such as you stated being "catholic" i believe you go to hell only for bad things. yet christians believe you go if you dont believe. yet they almost think its ridiculous that people have different views.

if adam and eve we white howd we get black people?

if Jesus was jewish... isnt that the religion to follow?

Because man is impure and ideally, different religions would not be the case. Case study, the formation of "The Church in England under King Henry VIII"

God says do not believe in higher powers because, like "satanic influences" Viper, that will probably contradict his teaching. If one is sent by God, however, (like the prophets) its merely an interpretation of his axioms.

White and black is there because of evolution. People moved to colder areas and became white! But, by agreeing that evolution and Christianity are NOT mutually exclusive but rather complimentary, we rarely touch on scientific debates. Any christian who argues otherwise is DUMB.

This is just a personal interpretation. Judaism was meant to prepare the Jewish people for Jesus Christ. It was one he HAD to join to discover his sprirituality. It would be the one to follow if they actually believed Christ is the Messiah which they dont.
adoatica wrote:So is everyone on this forums an atheist or something? :unsure:

Na, i'm proudly christian ;)
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Apr 30th, '11, 11:58

VenomBlackViper wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:I don´t know what they say but i remember have seen on tv a debate between religious and satanics, and it was almost comical :facepalm

Actually it does affect you because a lot of important decisions are made based on that bullshit.

I am against some things from the Catholic church,I really think that the Catholic Church is partly to blame for the bad name of religion.doing things like trying to ban condoms,they just don´t evolve...
that's what I mean when I say that religion does not bother me while it doesnt affect me and others.
because e.g.if condoms were banned would be a big problem for many people,right?

there are many double standards in the Catholic Church as well,seems you can do a lot of bad things if after that you go to confess your sins,and of course you will be forgiven :facepalm

but most people who believe in God,disagree with the Catholic church itself.in my family there are many believers and no one is against the condom..

so yes you are right in what you say,a lot of important decisions are made based on that ,
but that's where the law has to act and common sense.

but someone who believes in God, and that is not a radical,or a crazy religious,I´m fine with that,I can respect his belief as i respect yours.while you do not want to do a rite of blood with me,you know
while the beliefs of others does not affect me...

:o fuck I've written a lot
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Epidemik » Apr 30th, '11, 12:22

Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby VenomBlackViper » Apr 30th, '11, 12:27

Guess_Who wrote:I am against some things from the Catholic church,I really think that the Catholic Church is partly to blame for the bad name of religion.doing things like trying to ban condoms,they just don´t evolve...
that's what I mean when I say that religion does not bother me while it doesnt affect me and others.
because e.g.if condoms were banned would be a big problem for many people,right?

there are many double standards in the Catholic Church as well,seems you can do a lot of bad things if after that you go to confess your sins,and of course you will be forgiven :facepalm

but most people who believe in God,disagree with the Catholic church itself.in my family there are many believers and no one is against the condom..

so yes you are right in what you say,a lot of important decisions are made based on that ,
but that's where the law has to act and common sense.

but someone who believes in God, and that is not a radical,or a crazy religious,I´m fine with that,I can respect his belief as i respect yours.while you do not want to do a rite of blood with me,you know
while the beliefs of others does not affect me...

:o fuck I've written a lot

Exactly what i'm talking about, they pull the most ridiculous shit in the name of God. On top of that a lot of people do have problems with others beliefs that affect them directly. My dads a religious nut & I have to fake giving a fuck about his retarded religion in order to keep getting money & a job i'm about to get. So consider your ass lucky other peoples beliefs don't affect you.

Don't worry you still ain't got shit on EminemBase.

Epidemik wrote:Image

:laughing:
All hail Zod (or whatever that tentacle anime pornstar alien shit is)
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Epidemik » Apr 30th, '11, 12:48

haha! its the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

its legit!!
http://www.venganza.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate