The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Religious Cop Outs

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Religious Cop Outs

Postby momentsgolden » May 11th, '11, 09:57

Its a shame that people use the "opinions" excuse as a cop-out. This was supposed to be "serious Debate" therefore" to use Religion to JUSTIFY what one is saying is pointless coz you not starting on the same base. (i agree with a good portion of what you say Guta but that wont help anyone understand).

Nwae, recurring points i thought i'd point out- Hell is not infinte according to certain religions. Muslims ( :unsure: ) for example.

Just MY take on Hell and shit- Revelations revels that all beings were with God in Heaven. Satan wanted to challenge God, was banished along with all his followers. That then includes EVERYBODY here on earth- we effectively are fallen angels. So, earth is a place to reconcile with God- call it a test. How that is "fair" will need further elaboration. Now, when you DONT do "good", Hell is the continued separation from God UNTIL you are reconciled with him... which will be everyone. So, @Diction- its finite karma for finite sins.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » May 12th, '11, 04:23

momentsgolden wrote:Just MY take on Hell and shit- Revelations revels that all beings were with God in Heaven. Satan wanted to challenge God, was banished along with all his followers. That then includes EVERYBODY here on earth- we effectively are fallen angels. So, earth is a place to reconcile with God- call it a test. How that is "fair" will need further elaboration. Now, when you DONT do "good", Hell is the continued separation from God UNTIL you are reconciled with him... which will be everyone. So, @Diction- its finite karma for finite sins.

Almost exactly what I said. I mean, Earth is temporary. It's a test of faith and lack of faith in God is the main reason why Judgement's Day isn't even near yet.

What I know about Judgement's Day is that every single soul on Earth are Muslims cuz they realize it's the "right" religion. I'm sorry for saying things so direct but it's been evident.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Spyder » May 12th, '11, 04:29

i see
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby ImmortalIcon2 » May 21st, '11, 22:29

) As I'm sure most of you have heard the crazy mentally disturbed religious fanatics believe the rapture will happen today at 6pm(May 21 2001).....in every time zone according to them. Lmao

Well about in a half an hour I will finally get to laugh at a lot of them and I am very curious as to what their next excuse will be and why God "spared them". It never ends with these freaks. They are all like the boy who cried wolf. Even right now in 2011 they never learn their lesson.

Remember when we learned from George Bush invaded Iraq because according to him it was "God's will" to rid the world of evil? (Wtf :facepalm
ImmortalIcon2
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Aug 9th, '11, 11:25

classthe_king wrote:"Dinosaurs aren't real. God put those fossils here to test us."

Someone legit said that to me.

Are you kidding me??

Did you shoot them or something? I don't think I would be able to control myself in that situation.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Willy » Aug 10th, '11, 01:30

I didn't know they had crayons when they wrote the bible?!

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Objective » Aug 10th, '11, 20:16

Objective
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby EyeSpick » Aug 11th, '11, 06:39

You can't base God on our worldy observance. Physics and God are not opposite forces, yet a tool and craftsman. Every deep theory embedded with in modern science supports the Christian God. I think we should all be atheists towards obvious false idols like Buddha. A man sat under a tree and became God? If that's true then why hasn't it happened since? Logic and reason amount to one absolute in this world, a God and his son are the creator and savior of our beautiful existence.
EminemBase wrote:Of course nothing is ever 100%, no questions asked absolute. We can't even prove we're not in fact living in a dream for example and aren't in fact the imaginations of some 'other selves' far far away. But that doesn't make the chances 50/50 like a fucking coin toss.
EyeSpick
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Aug 11th, '11, 09:38

EyeSpick wrote:You can't base God on our worldy observance. Physics and God are not opposite forces, yet a tool and craftsman. Every deep theory embedded with in modern science supports the Christian God. I think we should all be atheists towards obvious false idols like Buddha. A man sat under a tree and became God? If that's true then why hasn't it happened since? Logic and reason amount to one absolute in this world, a God and his son are the creator and savior of our beautiful existence.

How does all theories support the Christian God? Why not Zeus? Apollo? Shiva? You can't all be right...

And God created man out of dirt, and woman out of man's rib. So... by THAT logic, how come when boys turn 18 or whatever, or when they're being pushed outta their momma's vajayjay, they're not dirt? Or how come in ultra sounds the babies are formed, and not just a fucking pile of dirt? And girls? Does a dad insert one of his ribs (dildoes DON'T count) into his baby momma's vagina during birth? It doesn't make ANY fucking sense, and all the knowledge in the Bible is dated back to the time period when it was written by men. MEN! Not God. Such as the Moon is a lesser light to rule the sky, and other various passages when it clearly states the Moon has it's own source of light. That is wrong, and it's been scientifically proven that the Moon creates no light of it's own, merely reflects a fraction of the Sun's light back at us.

Also, God created the Earth in three days, yet ALL the galaxies, stars, black holes, nebulae, this whole vast intricate Cosmos in ONE day? One?? No. And you say the Christian God is based on logic? Ha. You sir, are hilarious.

God is merely a fairy tale and nothing more than what the Roman's believed in: mythology.

And one final thing, logic and reason MUST add up to there being a God and the God that "is" is the Christian God? You're lucky you were born into a Christian civilization/area, otherwise I dare say you'd be saying the SAME exact thing about Buddha or Shiva given you were born in India, etc.

Oh, and one final thing, God is nothing without faith. And faith is the absence of evidence. So you cannot say there is evidence for God, because then you just proved God does not exist. It's amazing how there are still religious people in this day and age when science and logic, real logic, and not this logic proving God nonsense are swarming and abundant throughout the world... Sad, really.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby DanWS » Aug 12th, '11, 18:52

I hate it when believers are like "well nobody knows why the Big Bang began, or how the elements that triggered the Big Bang came to exist, so you can't prove anything", basically saying that because we don't know how everything started that it must have been God who set the wheels in motion. This attitude is exemplified here by the incomparable fuckwit that is William O'Reilly.

TRshady wrote:The server is indeed unaware of the greatness that is DanWS.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Eedee » Aug 13th, '11, 00:35

DanWS wrote:I hate it when believers are like "well nobody knows why the Big Bang began, or how the elements that triggered the Big Bang came to exist, so you can't prove anything", basically saying that because we don't know how everything started that it must have been God who set the wheels in motion. This attitude is exemplified here by the incomparable fuckwit that is William O'Reilly.

I hate that asshole. "The tides go in, the tides go out. You can't explain that!" Fucking idiot...

On the other hand, Richard Dawkins kept himself under control and calm. He's a true human being. Plus he totally owned Bill in that video, and Bill himself thought HE won. Fucking assmunching cumstain.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby EyeSpick » Aug 13th, '11, 18:02

Eedee wrote:
DanWS wrote:I hate it when believers are like "well nobody knows why the Big Bang began, or how the elements that triggered the Big Bang came to exist, so you can't prove anything", basically saying that because we don't know how everything started that it must have been God who set the wheels in motion. This attitude is exemplified here by the incomparable fuckwit that is William O'Reilly.

I hate that asshole. "The tides go in, the tides go out. You can't explain that!" Fucking idiot...

On the other hand, Richard Dawkins kept himself under control and calm. He's a true human being. Plus he totally owned Bill in that video, and Bill himself thought HE won. Fucking assmunching cumstain.

You give the title atheist a bad name.
EminemBase wrote:Of course nothing is ever 100%, no questions asked absolute. We can't even prove we're not in fact living in a dream for example and aren't in fact the imaginations of some 'other selves' far far away. But that doesn't make the chances 50/50 like a fucking coin toss.
EyeSpick
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Mahmoud48 » Aug 15th, '11, 23:51

I agree with most of what bill o riely says
Democrats are fucking stupid
ODD FUTURE ASAP OVOXO BLACK HIPPY GOOD MUSIC
Mahmoud48
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Trimss » Aug 24th, '11, 00:43

Buddhism is classified as a philosophy not a religion.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Solace » Aug 24th, '11, 17:40

VenomBlackViper wrote:"if you say Gods not real because you can't see him & theres no evidence of him than you don't have a brain because you can't see it & theres no evidence of it"

Bullshit, theres plenty evidence of a person having a brain. If you had no brain then you wouldn't be able to function as a human at all, you wouldn't be able to do anything with your body because you need a brain to send it commands. This isn't a myth this has been scientifically proven (unlike God). Also you can actually see your brain if you get a x-ray of your skull. So that argument is total bullshit. Here's another that pisses me off.

I've never heard of that one but lolz, that's stupid.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate