The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Religious Cop Outs

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Religious Cop Outs

Postby DanWS » Aug 27th, '11, 17:14

I was having a debate with a religious friend of mine the other day, and he used a similar analogy that "well you can't see air, so how do you know it exists?"

Then he actually told me (yes, he really did say this) that saying there is no evidence to suggest that God exists, is a cop-out.

What are you meant to say to people who are that stupid?
TRshady wrote:The server is indeed unaware of the greatness that is DanWS.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Alex2012 » Sep 6th, '11, 09:54

the believers need a religion the same way they impose to themselves laws, rules or moral values ​​because they probably couldn't work otherwise.
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Sep 6th, '11, 17:16

DanWS wrote:I was having a debate with a religious friend of mine the other day, and he used a similar analogy that "well you can't see air, so how do you know it exists?"

Then he actually told me (yes, he really did say this) that saying there is no evidence to suggest that God exists, is a cop-out.

Overload them with pesky facts.

Aside from the fact that you can tell there is air composed of the proper elements by the fact that you are currently alive and breathing, you can feel air. Whether it's wind, or just pushing an open hand through the air, you can feel it. In the absence of air, there is a vacuum.

Everything about air is quantifiable. That's the flaw in the argument, and one you can point out to any idiot. The idea is not that something invisible doesn't exist, the question is whether or not there is any data to suggest it's existence. With air, the answer is a definite yes.

God is a different story.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DanWS » Sep 9th, '11, 01:49

AbramIsaac wrote:
DanWS wrote:I was having a debate with a religious friend of mine the other day, and he used a similar analogy that "well you can't see air, so how do you know it exists?"

Overload them with pesky facts.

Aside from the fact that you can tell there is air composed of the proper elements by the fact that you are currently alive and breathing, you can feel air. Whether it's wind, or just pushing an open hand through the air, you can feel it. In the absence of air, there is a vacuum.

Everything about air is quantifiable. That's the flaw in the argument, and one you can point out to any idiot. The idea is not that something invisible doesn't exist, the question is whether or not there is any data to suggest it's existence. With air, the answer is a definite yes.

God is a different story.

You're right, and that's what I told him regarding his "you can't see air so how do you know its there?" bullshit; that there is evidence to support it. But the fact that he told me it's a cop-out to say that there's no evidence to suggest that God exists, just astounded me. A cop-out in what sense?!?! It's like they don't have any answer to that so the best they can do is call it a cop-out. Fucking unbelievable.
TRshady wrote:The server is indeed unaware of the greatness that is DanWS.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Postby J.R. » Sep 10th, '11, 20:46

To sum up this topic:

Fucking morons. (Not any of you, at people who use these)
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Previous

Return to Serious Debate