The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Religious Cop Outs

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Religious Cop Outs

Postby VenomBlackViper » Apr 28th, '11, 02:26

I'm fucking sick of the cops outs religious people use in gods favor, for example

"if you say Gods not real because you can't see him & theres no evidence of him than you don't have a brain because you can't see it & theres no evidence of it"

Bullshit, theres plenty evidence of a person having a brain. If you had no brain then you wouldn't be able to function as a human at all, you wouldn't be able to do anything with your body because you need a brain to send it commands. This isn't a myth this has been scientifically proven (unlike God). Also you can actually see your brain if you get a x-ray of your skull. So that argument is total bullshit. Here's another that pisses me off.

"Religion is good for you whether there is a God or not, if there is a God than by simply following religion you'll get into heaven & won't have to worry about Hell. Even if there isn't a God religion helps you live a good, moral life. So by believing in God you win either way"

This is the equivalent of me stealing your car (like how religion steals your freedom) & putting in my garage, then telling you that I have an invisible lion in there so it'll be good for you to not go in either way. If I do have a lion in there you're going to get your head bitten off trying to get the car back so it's best if you just don't go in. Now even if I don't have an invisible lion in there you don't have to worry about paying for gas or maintenance, you won't be harming the environment with your driving & you'll get good exercise having to walk or bike everywhere from now on. Basically pointing out a few small pros & to hide the huge cons (even disguising cons as pros by describing them a certain way)

I'm sure there are more of these that I just don't remember at the moment but my point is these make no fucking sense & i'm tired of people using them.
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Religious Cop Outs

Postby Spyder » Apr 28th, '11, 03:29

i very much agree with religion being pointless, its hope for people that cant find it in themselves to do something, they have to talk to the sky to feel better. id gives em hope something happens after you die, and lets em hang on to loves ones.

morals: i believe the bible was written by people who had good morals and had a way to get people to follow them, i have good morals(imo) without religion. i bet i can get away with murder, esp in my small ass town, no god isnt gonna not let me in heaven. am i gonna do it? no. plain and simple.

i argue with religious people daily and i always win, they resort to dumb answers that dont make sense even in their mind, they say well u just gotta believe...

who made god?
what was here before the universe if god made it?
why did it take him seven days to make earth if hes god?
if he loves everyone why does he hate gays?
if god forgives all why is there a place like hell?
why no sex before marriage if we were put her to procreate?
why would you go to hell for not believing?
why is easter not on a specific day if it was Jesus rising again?
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby VenomBlackViper » Apr 28th, '11, 03:40

Spyder wrote:i very much agree with religion being pointless, its hope for people that cant find it in themselves to do something, they have to talk to the sky to feel better. id gives em hope something happens after you die, and lets em hang on to loves ones.

morals: i believe the bible was written by people who had good morals and had a way to get people to follow them, i have good morals(imo) without religion. i bet i can get away with murder, esp in my small ass town, no god isnt gonna not let me in heaven. am i gonna do it? no. plain and simple.

i argue with religious people daily and i always win, they resort to dumb answers that dont make sense even in their mind, they say well u just gotta believe...

who made god?
what was here before the universe if god made it?
why did it take him seven days to make earth if hes god?
if he loves everyone why does he hate gays?
if god forgives all why is there a place like hell?
why no sex before marriage if we were put her to procreate?
why would you go to hell for not believing?
why is easter not on a specific day if it was Jesus rising again?

Exactly it can even be argued that without the fear of hell these people would be the ones without morals that they accuse atheists of being.

Another thing I find wrong with hell is if God is all knowing that means from the minute you were thought of being created he already knows whether you're going to hell or heaven before you've even been born. How is that fair? He's basically just tossing random people into heaven & hell as they're thought of being created so the whole "god is fair" thing is thrown out the window.
If he controls everything he's the one who's given us urges & decided how we're going to act, we have no free will. It's like giving someone a shotgun, telling him to shoot people & then calling the cops & having him arrested for it. He gives us desires & then punishes us for having them.

Doesn't make any fucking sense, and I just love how people argue that the Bible is proof of itself. I can publish a book about the invisible lion in my garage & then say it exists because the book says so. How does that make it valid? :laughing:

So many loopholes in religion & yet people still believe that garbage cuz they're not strong enough to think for themselves.
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Ticalrecords » Apr 28th, '11, 03:46

religion is for all the people who couldn't figure out that stealing and killing is bad through experience/common sense. that's why they believe only a higher power could have enlightened humanity with such "truths". smh. like someone had to threaten you with an eternal fire pit so you wouldn't fuck your neighbor's wife? come on son :shakehead:
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Apr 29th, '11, 01:31

"Dinosaurs aren't real. God put those fossils here to test us."

Someone legit said that to me.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Rollimeo » Apr 29th, '11, 01:45

classthe_king wrote:"Dinosaurs aren't real. God put those fossils here to test us."

:laughing: :laughing: I cant believe people believe that
Rollimeo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Spyder » Apr 29th, '11, 02:59

classthe_king wrote:"Dinosaurs aren't real. God put those fossils here to test us."

please tell me you stabbed him afterward?
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby _Steven_ » Apr 29th, '11, 03:41

Some people give respectable atheists like Richard Dawkins a bad name. Anyone here read The God Delusion here besides me? I suggest treating that like your bible. In fact, also be familiar with the bible. I've had plenty of Christian people be like "Why do you know so much about the bible?". I always respond "Because I'm a good atheist and you're a bad Christian".

One folly of atheism is sounding really pretentious and fucking arrogant. I'm trying to tone that down.

Put the earphones on and made the bitch Def Jam
_Steven_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Apr 29th, '11, 03:43

_Steven_ wrote: I've had plenty of Christian people be like "Why do you know so much about the bible?". I always respond "Because I'm a good atheist and you're a bad Christian".

I don't get it.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby _Steven_ » Apr 29th, '11, 03:51

classthe_king wrote:
_Steven_ wrote: I've had plenty of Christian people be like "Why do you know so much about the bible?". I always respond "Because I'm a good atheist and you're a bad Christian".

I don't get it.

Cool story bro.

Put the earphones on and made the bitch Def Jam
_Steven_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Apr 29th, '11, 03:52

-__-
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Ku53v » Apr 29th, '11, 04:23

it's easy to use ignorant christians to bash religion. it's like if i said, "hey look, atheists are clueless as fuck" and showed this thread as an example
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VenomBlackViper » Apr 29th, '11, 04:25

Ku53v wrote:it's easy to use ignorant christians to bash religion. it's like if i said, "hey look, atheists are clueless as fuck" and showed this thread as an example

Fuck the ignorant people in there I can bash the actual religion just as easily.
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby classthe_king » Apr 29th, '11, 18:46

Ku53v wrote:it's easy to use ignorant christians to bash religion. it's like if i said, "hey look, atheists are clueless as fuck" and showed this thread as an example

Lolz
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Guess_Who » Apr 29th, '11, 18:59

I don´t bother what people believe or stop believing.while this does not affect me..
I mean that in the name of religion are a lot of nonsense,but there are also people who just need something to believe in.
but venom,if you don´t believe in god ,how can you believe in devil? :smoking:
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Next

Return to Serious Debate