The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

We live in a nation of embarrassing discrimination

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

We live in a nation of embarrassing discrimination

Postby slimshady89 » May 7th, '11, 20:08

We still live in a nation of embarrassing discrimination

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/05/07/mu ... tml?hpt=T2
slimshady89
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: We live in a nation of embarrassing discrimination

Postby Sla » May 8th, '11, 00:40

The pilot is an idiot and should face some consequences. So some passengers complain about two others, and he refuses to fly, without any reason? Wow. Got to be some strong personality, no one can influence him.
Sla
Soldier
Soldier

Re: We live in a nation of embarrassing discrimination

Postby Jiskefet » May 23rd, '11, 22:03

I happen to be a commercial pilot myself and I obviously think this is indeed an embarrassing incident. Also remember I am not trying to defend this action, however;

as a captain, besides the responsibility of flying the plane safely and comfortable to your destination, you are also responsible for everything else that happens on the plane. If there is any irregularity on the plane before takeoff which can possibly become a problem during flight it is just better to not take off, wether it is a technical problem or something else. Therefore, if passengers were complaining, perhaps panicing (I wasnt there obviously), the purser would inform the pilot that the cabin is not ready for takeoff and has to taxi back to the gate, simple as that.

I know this is a boring story and all that, but the bottom line is that this is exactly what happened and the "irregularity" was removed, following procedures. Does not take away that this seems like a very sad case of discimination. :n:
"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest." - Henry David Thoreau.
Jiskefet
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Serious Debate