The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Free Speech?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Free Speech?

Postby jba1me » May 8th, '11, 19:16

Well recently i made my first mixtape and copied 30 onto cds to give to my friends. well anyways there is one particular song when i said columbine(the school shooting). My schools office somehow got hold of it. So i had to have a meeting with the principal and my parents and talk about me rapping and if i was depressed and shit. They told me to stop handing out cds and making music then started goin religious on me and talking about god. Just because i said Columbine they put on my record im a potential threat and shit so now when i apply for college there gonna see that. Honestly i thought we had freedom of speech wtf happened to that.
Detox - July 16th
BME leak - June 3rd
jba1me
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Free Speech?

Postby mdemaz » May 9th, '11, 13:15

If you saw the schools I went to you'd wanna go postal as well.
#Fastball.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Slim Fiasco » May 9th, '11, 13:47

That's some serious bs, damn. So what did you say to 'em?

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Atone » May 9th, '11, 14:48

Lol, if i went to your school, sheeeeit, my notebook would have caused a security threat

basicly dude, schoo's claim that there are limits to free speech, trust me, i fought with school's, police, and even a judge regarding free speech, the judge threatened to have me thrown back in jail, the police i fought with were dickheads, and the school teachers just laughed at my argument
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby zedzero27 » May 11th, '11, 01:17

even the explicit version of MMLP has "Columbine" blanked out tho :unsure:
zedzero27
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Blu » May 11th, '11, 01:49

zedzero27 wrote:even the explicit version of MMLP has "Columbine" blanked out tho :unsure:

That's because MMLP was recorded right after the Columbine shooting.

Fuck that bs man, since when did using poetry to express yourself harmful to schools? Tell your principal to suck your knots. :y:
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby JUMPDMC » May 11th, '11, 05:35

dam that sux, sometimes to fight that kinda stuff you need to blow it out of proportion, like get everyone to play it on their ipods or use at as ringtones, or write about in a school newsletter/paper/blog. i dunno, id definitely find some way to show them that its 2011 and not take shit so dam serious like that.
"Be cool to people. Be nice to as many people as you can. Smile to as many people as you can, and have them smile back at you." ~ Joe Rogan
JUMPDMC
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby jba1me » May 14th, '11, 02:50

if i blew it outta proportion i proboly woulda got alt school. but still i think its bullshit. everyones so sensitive about shit. i see how em pushed peoples buttons and shit. say one wrong thing and everyone jizzes their panties and get pissed off.
Detox - July 16th
BME leak - June 3rd
jba1me
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Kez » May 14th, '11, 14:33

Something that always amused me is that America is the one country that goes on and on about the right to free speech, and constantly uses it as an excuse to say whatever they want when it suits them (like rednecks with their racist shit), but then they are always the ones who most often do shit like this and try to censor people. A country where you can be considered a terrorist if you don't do the pledge of allegiance in the morning at school (and don't tell me that doesn't happen cause I fuckin bet you it does haha) does not seem like it's the most freely thinking place.

Here in the UK it's pretty much just established that you can say whatever you want, we don't have to put it in exact words in the law n shit, it's just the way it is. And you barely ever see anyone get censored. There's people that like call police pigs to their face and shit and they don't get anything worse than they would for the crime they were originally being punished for.

Over the years I was making music in school I insulted any fucker that I wanted, including teachers, and I never once got anything like this. And I know teachers heard my music, cause it went everywhere, every fucker was talking about it. I feel for you man haha, don't give up though.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Tornado » May 14th, '11, 19:19

America has a very funny double standard towards free speech. They love to go on about their right, but censor every media there is. So its ok for backwards rednecks to spit their god-loving, anti-gay, racial views to you but it's not ok to dicuss Columbine?
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EminemBase » May 18th, '11, 00:52

Give them a lesson in context.

Don't outburst, if you outburst then the retards will even further suspect you're raging inside and not give you a chance to speak. Teachers can be fucking idiots.

Depending on what you said, just calmly explain the line and tell them to listen to it in context and that simply saying the word itself is not offensive.

And beyond all that, you can say what the fuck you like. Regardless.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Willy » May 18th, '11, 02:35

What exactly did you say?

You could be being intentionally vague in order to get your desired response from Eminem fans.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby jba1me » May 18th, '11, 03:42

WilyMo021 wrote:What exactly did you say?

You could be being intentionally vague in order to get your desired response from Eminem fans.

wasnt trying to be intentionally vague. my bad. i said gonna make me run in school and pull another columbine
Detox - July 16th
BME leak - June 3rd
jba1me
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby BigBoss » May 18th, '11, 03:50

I have the same EXACT fuckin problem, cept my lines were:

"Maybe we should find the bitch behind 9/11, and blow his mothafuckin brains out with a mac eleven, but first have America give him our shitty teachings of Heaven"

(This was before we actually found him -_-)

And the principle magically got his faggot ass hands on it, and tried to expell me from the school district, then he called the cops on me for being a "threat"...so in the middle of class I get 2 cops to come in and put me in handcuffs and walk me out. BULLSHIT.

I told him that it was my right to say that, that I could say what I wanted, but he didn't listen to me at all... :facepalm, so in the end I had to go out and buy back all my tapes (I was sellin them for like 5 dollas) and tell the WHOLE fucking school that I was sorry through announcements and an assembly for it

It gets better, see it turns out that, the principle? He's a fucking church nut job. So he was biased against my thoughts and opinions because he felt his were automatically better because he's, a "adult" so he automatically lknows what's better all of a sudden.

Fuck America.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EminemBase » May 18th, '11, 04:44

jba1me wrote:
WilyMo021 wrote:What exactly did you say?

wasnt trying to be intentionally vague. my bad. i said gonna make me run in school and pull another columbine

Well that's just a line for the sake of comparison. Exaggeration... I mean, if Columbine was fictional they wouldn't say anything. You can say what you want anyway, tell them to fuck off.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Serious Debate