The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Geographical Racism

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Geographical Racism

Postby B.A.D. » May 16th, '11, 07:55

Today, I have finally grown tired of this.

For me, now that I live in Australia I can tell you how fucking frustrating is this, Every International event date is always set to American time. Hey, the academy awards are on sunday... nope.. monday morning for you Big Ax-D... go and calculate the time. Hey Manchester United plays today at night... nope.. tomorrow morning for you Ax-d.. go and calculate the time

When companies, musicians, etc.. give dates announcements:

Eminem important announcement on monday (not that I really care, but thats not the point). hmm, its monday now lets see what is this announcement, maybe a tour?... hmm, where is it... oh right.... YOU FUCKING HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY!!!!!!!!...

fucking mutherfucking fucks.

even it will probably never be fixed or talked about it on a mainstream media, its fucking frustrating, and I just wanted to share with you, what people like us that live on the furthest time zone on earth have to go through. yes it is a big deal.

does it exist?
yes
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Re: Geographical Racism

Postby classthe_king » May 16th, '11, 22:08

That's not fucking racist lmao. It's because Eminem and anything else you watch is from America so of course it's going to be in American time.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby zedzero27 » May 17th, '11, 01:32

what's the argument here exactly? :unsure:

Australia doesn't have the furthest time zone, it has one of the first.

you guys are, like, in the future... :unsure:
zedzero27
Soldier
Soldier

Postby LordRain777 » May 17th, '11, 01:38

classthe_king wrote:That's not fucking racist lmao. It's because Eminem and anything else you watch is from America so of course it's going to be in American time.

this
There's people that love me and people that hate me. But it's the evil that made me this backstabbing, deceitful, and shady.
LordRain777
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby B.A.D. » May 17th, '11, 03:58

zedzero27 wrote:what's the argument here exactly? :unsure:
Australia doesn't have the furthest time zone, it has one of the first.
you guys are, like, in the future... :unsure:

doesnt matter if its first or last, its far.

classthe_king wrote:That's not fucking racist lmao. It's because Eminem and anything else you watch is from America so of course it's going to be in American time.

yeah I mean, I know that. its not racist per say, but I didnt knew what else to call it. It just, maybe on any type of announcement with world wide interest. (like the world cup, or the grammys n shit like that). they gave at least a couple different time schedules depending on the globe location.
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby B.A.D. » May 17th, '11, 12:51

Menzo wrote:geographically inconvenient.

thats what I was looking for, well put... its not racism Hmm.. inconvenience..

although, its still fucked up. what I mean, is wouldn't it be nice to enforce a system in which important events could solve the problem. not by changing times by fixing schedules, but by providing time zones informations.

for i.e.:

The release of Dr. Dre's next video: At 3PM on Thursday New York Time. (x Paris Time, y Beijing Time, z Sydney Time)...

u know?... making this a habit
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Sekou » May 17th, '11, 14:43

I really don't think that it's such a big issue. You know where you live, so just remember the time interval between America and the U.S. and automatically add the couple of hours each time.
Sekou
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » May 17th, '11, 17:06

well the states are 8 hours ahead of me too,i dont want the world cup to be in the USA.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby RNEGDE12 » May 17th, '11, 17:37

Big Ax-D wrote:Today, I have finally grown tired of this.

For me, now that I live in Australia I can tell you how fucking frustrating is this, Every International event date is always set to American time. Hey, the academy awards are on sunday... nope.. monday morning for you Big Ax-D... go and calculate the time. Hey Manchester United plays today at night... nope.. tomorrow morning for you Ax-d.. go and calculate the time

Eminem important announcement on monday (not that I really care, but thats not the point). hmm, its monday now lets see what is this announcement, maybe a tour?... hmm, where is it... oh right.... YOU FUCKING HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY!!!!!!!!...

even it will probably never be fixed or talked about it on a mainstream media, its fucking frustrating, and I just wanted to share with you, what people like us that live on the furthest time zone on earth have to go through. yes it is a big deal.

does it exist?
yes

i totally agree I live in Melbourne aswell and its the worst thing staying up till 7 in da morning just to listen to a leaked song (not to metion staying up for die hard that didnt even get fully released) or if theres a big announcement hearing that its on saturday but in Australia its sunday it gets really fucking annoying :angry:
RNEGDE12
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby RNEGDE12 » May 17th, '11, 17:38

Big Ax-D wrote:Today, I have finally grown tired of this.

does it exist?
yes

i totally agree I live in Melbourne aswell and its the worst thing staying up till 7 in da morning just to listen to a leaked song (not to metion staying up for die hard that didnt even get fully released) or if theres a big announcement hearing that its on saturday but in Australia its sunday it gets really fucking annoying :angry:
RNEGDE12
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Slim Fiasco » May 17th, '11, 18:05

Some people consider it a problem that NBA games are starting way too late over here, but it always made it more special for me. Other than that it's not that big of a deal.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Sekou » May 17th, '11, 21:18

Menzo wrote:
Sekou wrote:so just remember the time interval between America and the U.S.

:unsure:

Haha fail. I meant Australia of course :sweating:
Sekou
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » May 17th, '11, 21:50

How long does it take to add the x amount of hours though? Less time than it would take for them to put the times for every time zone...that would just look messy.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Sla » May 18th, '11, 00:57

There's already a kinda solution, but no one is using it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatch_Internet_Time
Sla
Soldier
Soldier

Postby B.A.D. » May 18th, '11, 03:48

lol. alrite :y:

thanks for the opinions though

btw:

Rollefsen wrote:Its Tuesday already.. Or is it just that I'm in Norway and its still Monday in the US? :s
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Next

Return to Serious Debate