The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

English Defence League

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

English Defence League

Postby Kez » Jun 1st, '11, 04:46

This is something that, if you aren't in the UK, you won't understand so much. So this is for the UK guys on this site (although others are welcome, just keep in mind you probably know very little); what's your opinion on the English Defence League? Do you think they're racist Nazi thugs, or do you think they are defending working class British guys?

For those who don't know, the English Defence League is a protest group which is against "Islamification" of the UK. They believe that England is going to become Muslim, made to obey sharia law and shit like that. It claims to represent the working class, British man. They claim not to be racist, and claim to welcome members of any race, and that the only problem they have is with Islam in Britain.

This issue is actually very close to home for me; my hometown Stoke is a hotspot for people like this. It was one of the first places that held an EDL protest. I even have a close friend who attended this protest; of course, it doesn't help that the guy is a racist fucker. I love him, he's one of my best mates, but there is no denying he's a fucking racist. I know people who support them; again, they spend their time joining anti-Muslim Facebook pages and shit like this. I have seen this first-hand, the demographic of people who attend their protests and stuff. I haven't just learnt about this through Wikipedia and YouTube. My friend went to this protest and he literally, the day before, said to me that he was pleased because he believed it's the first step to "civil war kicking off"; that he wants to beat up some asians.

Me personally? I think they are nothing but racist thugs, as I said above. My friend I mentioned above attended the meeting after he spent the morning drinking in the pub. He went with this pub. Who frequent this pub? White, skinheaded, half of them on benefits. My friend associates with a 60 year old guy he met there who claims disability benefit and then walks to the pub and gets pissed all the fucking time. Yeah fuck those immigrants man! Sponging off benefits and shit.

All you have to do is look up one of their protests on YouTube to get an idea of what they're like. Just for an example, here's a clip of their protest in my home town (but be warned if you're Muslim the shit they say in this video will probably piss you off to fuck):

I just need to make it clear to you guys. This is the fucking city centre. Where they are is a place i've grown up in, spending many a day hanging around. And that is what these cunts did to it. It disgusts me. And when I see that fat chav shouting "E E EDL" it sends fucking shivers down my spine. To think that people approve of this.

What they stand for is so vague it would be funny if it weren't so hateful.

They believe that Islam needs to be "revised"; he decries the Quran as barbaric and such, then when asked if he's actually read it? "No." How can you be so outright hypocritical and keep a straight face?? Correct me if i'm wrong (because I have not read the Bible; but then again i'm not calling Christianity an evil force) but the Old Testament has stories about how the disabled and mentally retarded shall not be allowed into Heaven. That's pretty fucking horrible to me; should we revise the Bible as well? After all, Christianity is way more prevalent in the Britain I live in than Islam. I was raised being made to sing hymns and pray every morning in primary school for six years; if that happened with Islam, these guys would burst a blood vessel, but it's okay if it's Christianity? Why? I was made to praise a God I knew nothing about every morning. It wasn't until very late in my last year that I started to realise I actually did not believe in it.

They claim they are not racist, but then you hear them shouting about Muslims as though they are all "terrorists", a belief they seem to have purely from 9/11. Let's not get into the fact that I think 9/11 was purely orchestrated, and probably wasn't even done in Muslim belief, but even if it was, you do not fucking judge a whole race or religion based on one act. Shouting "get off our streets dirty terrorists" is racism, pure and simple. There is no two ways about it. Shouting "Allah is a pedo" is pure, uneducated antagonism. Making a speech where you say believers in Islam will burn in hell is pure racism! How can you say otherwise? These are all direct quotes, by the way, i'm not paraphrasing. I saw a video of these EDL guys where an asian was surrounded by these guys, one of them saying "go on, hit him", another "paki"; it's the kind of thing you see with 14 year olds.

I could go on and on, but i'm just rambling now, so I want to wait and see what other people say, then i'll come back to their specific claims. But i'm interested to see what people on here think of these guys. So fire away.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: English Defence League

Postby Chet Starr » Jun 1st, '11, 04:59

EDL member - we aren't racist, we just wanna preserve the working man
KKK member - we aren't racist, we just wanna preserve the white man

They always say they have a genuine good cause, but sadly these groups always have racial undertones
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby ThomasAguanis » Jun 1st, '11, 05:51

This just seems like another problem caused by religion yet is under the veil of "helping the working class". I find it pretty funny that they say "allah is a pedo" when officials from their religion are most likely notorious for fucking children. I hate people like this. Plus, they're openly racist, yet claim they're not. Get the fuck out of here.

And I also have a feeling they're using the "terrorist" bullshit as another veil. As you said Kez, the actions of one extremist group cannot define a whole religion/group of people. It's illogical to think it can, yet most people think it's okay. This seems like a case of "I don't like you're religion, mine is better, agree with me or see violence", or as George Carlin said, "You believe in God?' 'No.' Boom. Dead. 'You believe in God?' 'Yes.' 'You believe in my God? 'No.' Boom. Dead. 'My God has a bigger dick than your God!'".

These racist fucks need to find something better to do. They're abusing the systems they're trying to fix and making themselves look retarded in the process. It's not helping anyone. In fact, it's doing the opposite, but they can't see that. All they see are people of another race/religion that they don't like and have decided to openly attack them. I'm glad people like you see through it for what it truly is.
B.K.A. The King of Kale A.K.A. The Superfood Sensai
I still rap better than you.

ThomasAguanis
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby One Mic » Jun 1st, '11, 18:43

Last edited by One Mic on Oct 23rd, '11, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoshi » Jun 1st, '11, 20:28

We have something similar here in Poland, although it's not directly aimed at Muslims, it's something more like.. a very centralised nationalism. The fact is they're racists fucks too,

I think that the whole problem is bi-polar and it all evolved in the past decade, starting from 9/11 - the world divided into extremists and anti-Muslims, forgetting about millions of people, who just like me, don't give a fuck about what your religion is and people who just want to live and believe in what they want to.

What bothers me is the fact that both sides keep on escalating the mutual hate and when it comes to some serious riots or tragedies, the people who suffer the most, are the ones who are really innocent (like kids at schools) and want to avoid the bloodshed.

I think racism is one of the things that bother me the most, because your race is something you have really no control over. And your religion and what you choose to believe in is your own business, unless it doesn't harm anyone. Muslims don't bother me in any way, I've personally never experienced anything that would make me fear or hate them. I always get furious when I talk to someone and they start to tell me stories about how Muslims beat up their women. I know their law is much stricter than the European one, but for God's sake, literally every week there's a story in the news about a husband beating up his wife and kids, and guess what, we're a fucking Christian country. So my question is quite similar to the one Kez asked: WHY are we so fucking hypocritical?

We might not like the fact that the women are covered up or the fact that they have separate swimming pools or rooms in the mosque, or yes, even experiencing the domestic violence, but really - are we that different? Sexism in workplaces, getting beaten up by your drunk husband, rapes, priests sexually abusing altar boys.. I could go on. And it all happens in a fucking Christian country, where people go to the church every Sunday.

As for the Muslims and extremists - we can't judge the entire religion based on a minority. I know that some people fear them and I understand where it comes from, because the media picture them as devils and also because at some point they went way over the line; it's mutual. Both sides are guilty here and I'm not trying to justify none of us. Yeah, I saw the pictures and heard the news, the detonating, I've seen and heard all about it and I really hate it, but like I said - we're not that different. We're all the same, some of us just believe in Allah, some of us believe in Jesus..

Btw. have you noticed it's always been Christians vs. Muslims; where are the Buddhists at?..
Maybe wrote:I'm so awesome, I don't mind looking desperate.

Chet wrote:Fuck House. If I wanted to watch a sarcastic person in the medical field, I would stalk Yoshi :8)
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Kez » Jun 1st, '11, 21:41

One Mic wrote:Apparently they don't have any problems with Islam, or Muslims in the UK.......just muslim extremists.

Yes, that is the manifesto they display. But then again, they would get nowhere if they actively came out and said "we hate Muslims" would they?

One Mic wrote:Such as

It's people like this that give Muslims a bad name imo. I find it hard to believe 90% of Muslims living in the UK agree or support these dumb fucks. I bet if you were to ask them they would tell you the same thing, that they consider them gigantic idiots. Really how is that any different to the Christian extremists? And before you say "yeah but Christian extremists don't blow up buildings", neither have any of the guys in the pictures you posted done anything except exercise their right to protest, a right the EDL uses vigorously to defend what they do.

and there are black people and asian people in the EDL (even muslims)

That's funny, considering that at every EDL protest i've seen it consists of people shouting "dirty Muslim bastards", belittling their religious figures and throwing stuff at asian people. Maybe those Muslims in the EDL are just the self-hating type or something.

and i'm sure there are probably a handful of genuine EDL members who have no malicious intent, and only have good intentions, but from what i've seen it's been more negative than positive tbh.

No doubt there are, but when even the self-elected "leader" of the EDL Tommy Robinson (not his real name) spouts things he has heard as though they are facts and has nothing to back them up with, it's not a good sign. You don't go around saying that the Quran tells people to stone women if you haven't even fucking read it, I mean Jesus Christ how stupid can you get?

Sad truth is, anyone i've seen who's involved in the EDL is a moron who has been brainwashed by mass media into blaming all his troubles on the Muslims, because they have been made scapegoats, pure and simple. Let's not blame our caring government who do such nice things as sending Jobcentres guidelines on how to trick those less clued-in out of their benefits. These are the hypocritical people who spend their weekends getting piss-drunk, starting fights and ranting about how immigrants have ruined their country, then go to takeaways which are run and maintained by "immigrants" and are driven home in taxis by what is more often than not "immigrants".
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby the real slim shady » Jun 27th, '11, 17:29

sorry for posting on a dead thread, but i just found it :unsure:

The idea behind it is ok, keep britain british. but the way they try to achieve their goals, and the way that they are as racist as they are makes them seem like any other protesting group (BNP etc.).
Personally, i dont see any problem with people who arent of a English/ British family, but when muslims are having a go at the forces and the police, they can go away.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kez » Jun 30th, '11, 02:49

the real slim shady wrote:Personally, i dont see any problem with people who arent of a English/ British family, but when muslims are having a go at the forces and the police, they can go away.

I agree, but equally if there are 100% British people doing the exact same thing, they too should "go away". Being British is not an excuse to be a cunt, just like being Muslim isn't.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby the real slim shady » Jun 30th, '11, 11:14

Kez wrote:
the real slim shady wrote:Personally, i dont see any problem with people who arent of a English/ British family, but when muslims are having a go at the forces and the police, they can go away.

I agree, but equally if there are 100% British people doing the exact same thing, they too should "go away". Being British is not an excuse to be a cunt, just like being Muslim isn't.

anyone who has a problem with the forces and police can fuck off, british or otherwise..
honestly i dont know what those extremists expect, but a lot of people dont like them. everyone has an opinion but most people keep their ideas to themselves. Why should a minority of muslims be any different?
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Midnight EyeZ » Dec 13th, '11, 17:39

I never took the EDL serious until I found out about the Muslamic Ray-Guns...People listen up, Muslamic Ray-Guns are REAL!!!...This EDL Member says so!!!...We need to get these Muslims out before they bring their Muslamic Law accompanied by their Muslamic Ray-Guns!!!...

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
------- LIKE ME --------------- SUB ME --------------- ADD ME --------

Image ImageImage

- SINGLE DOWNLOADS -
- Let It Rain -
- Strike Me Down -
Midnight EyeZ
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Serious Debate