The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Delete

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Eye For An Eye - The Great Debate On Capitol Punishment

Postby WakeUpShow » Aug 26th, '11, 19:13

Revolutionary wrote:Islam has rules, don't just name Islamic countries when you don't know a thing about their rules.
And don't tell me you've read about them, you have to read the Quran to actually know the real rules.

Why would a person kill? He's sad, mad or in a bad mood? That's silly man.
If you finish someone's life for no reason, you should get executed.
Who are you to finish someone's life? Why do you deserve to live and he doesn't?
You said it yourself, you wouldn't kill someone EVEN if they cheat on you.
There's no debate!

I'm not ignorant, it's just common sense.

P.S. Muslims don't execute a person for drug-related sins.

And America likes to stick their noses in everything just for the money and look what happened to them now? They're suffering from the economy. Excuse me, but America have made a lot of stupid steps, plans and options.

EDIT : Execution is performed after the judge says so, it's not performed by a normal person.
Otherwise, it'd be considered murder too.

man, every time you write you look like more of an idiot. stop while you still have an ounce of dignity.
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Postby MikeNUFC » Aug 26th, '11, 22:05

classthe_king wrote:I'm all for CapitAl punishment. I actually think we should use it more. You kill someone? Dead. You rape someone? Dead. Your rob someone? Dead. Why give someone a life sentence or those 50 year sentences? All they do is take up time, money and space. Just kill those motherfuckers.

What if someone has a mental illness? Or there is a miscarriage of justice? What about manslaughter? Self-defence?

'Eye for an Eye' is a far too simple answer for a very, very complex question. I don't even agree with the death penalty (thank fuck we don't have it in the UK), let alone this 'eye for an eye' idea.

We need to look at why people murder and what we can do to help prevent it, rather than just, quite literally, 'kill' the problem.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby EG. » Aug 26th, '11, 22:12

MikeNUFC wrote:We need to look at why people murder and what we can do to help prevent it, rather than just, quite literally, 'kill' the problem.

:y: :y: :y:
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Aug 26th, '11, 22:19

Our justice system relies far too heavily on an imperfect factor--human beings--to justify killing another as a criminal punishment. It's up to other people to decide whether or not some one is guilty of a crime. That leads to problems, wrongful imprisonment included. When those same imperfect people decide whether or not some one dies...there are bound to be wrongful executions.

Our justice system is about as good as we can seem to come up with. However, you have to take into account the imperfection in people's testimony, and our police tactics in gathering evidence. These things lead to wrongful convictions all the time. It's bad enough when some one is imprisoned for 20 years for a crime they didn't commit, but if they were killed for it too...I don't know, it seems like the blood would really be on everyone's hands then.

And then what justifies it? There are people in prison for life right now for growing weed. Literally, Oklahoma is one of four or five states that hands out life sentences for things like making hash. Give it time, and they might try for death, who knows?

It's also actually more expensive to execute some one. About ten times more expensive.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Sep 9th, '11, 21:55

I'm against capitol punishment for a very simple reason...

I don't think a government can enforce laws which prohibit violence and murder and then be seen to defy their own laws and keep face.

It's a glaring contradiction and regardless of what justification anybody wants to give for it, the simple fact is: by doing that, the government is by definition saying they are above the law. It undermines the laws, undermines the government and it's arrogant.

Also, I think it's fairly pointless and solves nothing.

If you just kill 'evil' men (serial-killers, dictators)... you're just sweeping them under the rug. Killing them doesn't stop the next generation of murderers, dictators or psychopaths. As people aren't born psychotic, or very few at least. Most are TURNED psychoatic.

So it's not only contradictary, arrogant and ironic for the government to kill people, but it's also dismissive of the true source of the problematic behaviour and people it aims to rid. Obviously these people need to be locked-up, for the safety of others, but you can't ignore the root.

And as usual, capitalism can be blamed for that. You can pretty much blame capitlism for just about anything, almost every form of crime, bad psychology or society issues trace back to it.

I've studied serial-killers, just out of interest in the psychology and trying to figure them out and, I've yet to come across a single one that wasn't mentally abused or 'turned' or angered in some severe way in their childhood or lifetime. And that stems from parenting, and the bad parenting or bad childhood environment stems from social imbalance and class divide.

And class divide, is rooted in capitalism. Due to our structure and the monetary system, or any kind of batering system which encourages a darwinian, ruthless psychology and greed... some will always draw the short straw by definition. They have to, for the others to reap the benefits. And abject poverty takes care of the rest.

It's no coincidence that all these serial-killers normally come from poor backgrounds, or, had parents which came from poor, abusive backgrounds. Abusive and angry psychology and lack of wealth, comfort and security, go hand in hand. Which is why affluent, well-mannered criminals of such henious crimes are more rare. There are plenty of rich criminals, but the majority are driven by greed, not purely evil psychology.

If you abolish the class divide, you abolish a lot of bad conditioning, bad childhood environment, bad society structure, and general imbalance that creates a standoffish mentally between the poor and the rich. And it abolishes the paranoia of those in-between.

Capitalism, ruins, everything.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby EG. » Sep 9th, '11, 21:59

EminemBase wrote:Capitalism, ruins, everything.

True.
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Serious Debate