The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Delete

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Delete

Postby Atone » Jun 8th, '11, 02:42

left this group and want no part of it's history
Last edited by Atone on Aug 11th, '12, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Eye For An Eye - The Great Debate On Capitol Punishment

Postby GenePeer » Jun 8th, '11, 14:56

Revolutionary wrote:EDIT : Execution is performed after the judge says so, it's not performed by a normal person.
Otherwise, it'd be considered murder too.

So the judge has a license to kill?
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GenePeer » Jun 8th, '11, 15:11

Revolutionary wrote:
GenePeer wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:EDIT : Execution is performed after the judge says so, it's not performed by a normal person.
Otherwise, it'd be considered murder too.

So the judge has a license to kill?

:facepalm
A judge anywhere in any country in any religion has the right to make the sentence (with the help of the jury of course).
I can't believe the level of stupidity you have.

The fuck? I don't believe in capital punishment in any country in any religion., period! So now since lots of countries do it, it's right? What kind of logic is that??!! And you call me stupid :facepalm
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GenePeer » Jun 8th, '11, 15:21

Revolutionary wrote:
GenePeer wrote:The fuck? I don't believe in capital punishment in any country in any religion., period! So now since lots of countries do it, it's right? What kind of logic is that??!! And you call me stupid :facepalm

So first, you ask a question.
Then talk about something completely different!

The fact that you can't see the direct relation between capitol punishment and a judge having a license to kill is disturbing.
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GenePeer » Jun 8th, '11, 15:29

Revolutionary wrote:
GenePeer wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:So first, you ask a question.
Then talk about something completely different!

The fact that you can't see the direct relation between capitol punishment and a judge having a license to kill is disturbing.

:laughing:
You're spamming the page man!
A judge is a judge (and i am OBVIOUSLY talking about judges who have the license, not beginners or some shit).
Why is there a judge if he doesn't have the right to make a call?
So judges are sitting on their ass waiting for someone to call the sentence? LOL!

Just in case you didn't know, in some countries, no judge in the highest of positions has the right to sentence a man to death. Open your eyes man, don't just be confined to the legal system in your area. "The Great Debate On Capitol Punishment" is a debate of whether or not judges should be able to make such a sentences. And here you are treating me like an idiot for thinking judges shouldn't be able to?
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GenePeer » Jun 8th, '11, 15:50

Atone The Underdog wrote:Capital punishment has in the past been practiced in virtually every society, although currently only 58 nations actively practice it, with 95 countries having abolished it (the remainder having not used it for 10 years or allowing it only in exceptional circumstances such as wartime).

I thought you read the OP. This was a study done by Amnesty International which can be found here:
http://www.amnesty.org/en/death-penalty ... -countries
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GenePeer » Jun 8th, '11, 16:26

Revolutionary wrote:
GenePeer wrote:
Atone The Underdog wrote:Capital punishment has in the past been practiced in virtually every society, although currently only 58 nations actively practice it, with 95 countries having abolished it (the remainder having not used it for 10 years or allowing it only in exceptional circumstances such as wartime).

I thought you read the OP. This was a study done by Amnesty International which can be found here:
http://www.amnesty.org/en/death-penalty ... -countries

I read it, and 58 is a big number.
Don't forget that the article was made years ago.
And don't forget that people do practice it in these countries that abolished it.
Do you think all the 300mill+ people in america don't have capital punishment?

and 96 is a bigger number. Weren't you the one who said only a few countries have that system? Fewer countries don't have that system either.
That article's last update was 2010 (last year) while they added Gabon to the list of abolitionists in practice.
No, people don't practice it in these countries that abolished it because, quite frankly, they abolished it.
I don't understand that last question plus the United States are in the Retentionists list. They do practice capital punishment.
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Jun 8th, '11, 16:35

I'm all for CapitAl punishment. I actually think we should use it more. You kill someone? Dead. You rape someone? Dead. Your rob someone? Dead. Why give someone a life sentence or those 50 year sentences? All they do is take up time, money and space. Just kill those motherfuckers.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby GenePeer » Jun 8th, '11, 16:41

Revolutionary wrote:My point was, governments might not practice it nor approve of it but people in certain villages, towns or regions do practice it as it's a part of their religion.

That's not capital punishment. Capital Punishment is when an official court gives someone a death penalty. Those other people would be committing murder and can be persecuted, whether or not the country itself supports capital punishment. You said so yourself, if the judge doesn't say it, it's considered murder.

True, very huge misunderstanding!
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GenePeer » Jun 8th, '11, 16:57

I don't know, don't live there but in law, it's usually "If you're in rome, do like romans do." You have to live by a country's rules. By Free Country, they mean you won't be at a disadvantage with someone else for your religion and the law is generally religion free, unlike countries with Sharia. They can't refuse you to work, eat, etc... Laws will require employers to let you go to church on whatever day your religion requires. They try to be flexible with normal things, but they can't let you kill because it's ok in your religion. You can't also go around saying "Homosexuals must die". There's a line you can't cross.
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Jun 8th, '11, 17:03

Somebody in the United States can't just execute someone and say it's a part of their religion....that would be murder :unsure:
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby WakeUpShow » Jun 9th, '11, 00:31

classthe_king wrote:I'm all for CapitAl punishment. I actually think we should use it more. You kill someone? Dead. You rape someone? Dead. You rob someone? Dead. Why give someone a life sentence or those 50 year sentences? All they do is take up time, money and space. Just kill those motherfuckers.

big lol. but yeah I agree with the rest
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Postby classthe_king » Jun 9th, '11, 01:51

Cosh wrote:
classthe_king wrote:I'm all for CapitAl punishment. I actually think we should use it more. You kill someone? Dead. You rape someone? Dead. You rob someone? Dead. Why give someone a life sentence or those 50 year sentences? All they do is take up time, money and space. Just kill those motherfuckers.

big lol. but yeah I agree with the rest

We need to get it to the point where you don't do your homework? Dead. No slackers :angry:
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby GenePeer » Jun 9th, '11, 02:11

You ask for help with your homework? Dead!
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EG. » Aug 26th, '11, 01:43

This may be old, but fuck it. I don't think death is a punishment. Everybody has the right to live, even if someone took another person's life, the government or whoever does not have the right to do the same thing and be a killer too. And it's irreversible and gets misused.
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Serious Debate