The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

FDA labels on cigarettes

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

FDA labels on cigarettes

Postby MuNxMuN » Jun 21st, '11, 17:41

by September 2012 all cigarette packs are gonna have these new labels in the US. What do you guys think of this? I don't think it's gonna get people to stop smoking. I've seen all the graphic images and I've taken health class multiple times so I know what the health risks are, etc and I still like to smoke occasionally. Having graphic labels aren't gonna stop me especially since it'll be easy to remove/cover up. I don't think it's gonna get young people to stop trying cigarettes either since they've all been exposed to it in health class and they know the risks.

New labels

google an article if you wanna read it :p
MuNxMuN
Addict
Addict

Re: FDA labels on cigarettes

Postby Hoopz » Jun 21st, '11, 18:18

On CNN they JUST said it'd be this fall
Hoopz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Jun 21st, '11, 18:36

Tobacco is a terribly inefficient drug. The buzz is piss-poor, and the risks are ridiculously high. Maybe that will help people who are considering smoking for the first time choose a better drug.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Slimm » Jun 21st, '11, 20:17

I'm so disappointed in you Mun smh.

I'm divided on this subject. I think people should do whatever they want (doesn't matter how dumb), they'll do it anyway. On the other hand I do think the risks should be known to anyone who plans on buying a pack of cigarettes. If those images scare of just a bunch of kids the mission is succeeded.
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Chet Starr » Jun 21st, '11, 22:10

I've been smoking for 7 years, those pictures aren't going to stop shit.

I can go without smoking for a few days, just a cigarette here and there. Lots better then when I was going a pack a day.

God I want a cigarette...
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kez » Jun 22nd, '11, 00:16

It's been like this in the UK for fuck knows how long, so this aint news to me.

Personally I think bombaring people with propaganda that actually tell you "cigarettes are addictive" isn't helping; I never smoked in my life for 18 years, then had some on nights out regularly for a couple months just to try it (this was like, 2011 onwards). But then I went for like a month without even having one and I never thought about it. So really, it depends on your personality; people with addictive personalities will get addicted to cigarettes as easily as they'd get addicted to any kind of drug, even alcohol.

Of course we all know about the hilarious hypocrisy in people selling something and at the same time proclaiming that it is terrible and not to buy it, so I really don't pay attention.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby MuNxMuN » Jun 22nd, '11, 01:33

Hoopz wrote:On CNN they JUST said it'd be this fall

I need to by myself a pack then. One pack lasts me half a year :laughing:

Slimm wrote:I'm so disappointed in you Mun smh.

Why Slimmy?!? :'(

And I doubt it's gonna scare off kids, they only do it to be cool anyways :shakehead:
MuNxMuN
Addict
Addict

Postby trinell05 » Jun 22nd, '11, 11:42

I wouldn't want anyone to harm that cute little black baby. :( Stop smoking, guys.
IcedSlim Shady wrote:why half of you, on this forum, are so dickhead?

"I'm a preachin', twerkin,' bible-readin' mothafucka."
I Wish That I Could Be A Holmie 4 Life.
trinell05
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Tornado » Jun 24th, '11, 15:34

It makes fuck all difference here in U.K. so i fail to see how it'll change in the U.S. Funny thing is, the more they keep bombarding you with "Smoking is Bad" ads, the less effective it is
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Robbie G » Jun 24th, '11, 18:48

I don't really have an issue with this, hopefully it helps. But like Tornado said the more you tell people not to something the more likely they are to do it.

Oh well.
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby trinell05 » Jun 24th, '11, 18:54

Robbie G wrote:I don't really have an issue with this, hopefully it helps. But like Tornado said the more you tell people not to something the more likely they are to do it.

Oh well.

Then if they made anti-exercising commercials, would people feel compelled to rebel? I like this strategy. Would make for some epic commercials, too.
IcedSlim Shady wrote:why half of you, on this forum, are so dickhead?

"I'm a preachin', twerkin,' bible-readin' mothafucka."
I Wish That I Could Be A Holmie 4 Life.
trinell05
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Air Max Tailwind

Postby burne591 » Oct 10th, '11, 03:56

Kobe 2010 Shoes Black 386432 002

Sneakerheads rejoice! Or dance! Or party,Air Max Tailwind! Or campout at midnight, or whatever it is you do, because starting tomorrow, you will accept addition abode to collective to the sneaker gods. Foot Locker has appear that a fresh area will be aperture on 11 West 34th St., tomorrow March 18 and it will be a HOUSE OF HOOPS!.Kobe Bryant is the fabled guard of the Los Angeles Lakers and one of the most decorated National Basketball Association players of his generation. Heralded early on as the Slam Dunk King, Bryant started his career as a 17-year-old wunderkind who declared for the 1996 N.B.A. draft — for which he was the 13th pick — straight out of high school. Though the Charlotte Hornets picked him,Air Jordan 2, he was soon traded to the Lakers.
burne591
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Serious Debate