The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Response to EminemBase (on Science)

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Response to EminemBase (on Science)

Postby classthe_king » Jul 5th, '11, 17:56

EminemBase wrote:No that's not the same at all.

Because the Universe does exist. Evidently. As we exist in it, we can observe it, measure it, we are IN the fucking Universe lmao.

Nobody knows how the very first point of the Universe came into existence... and where the fuck did I claim to know that?

Now you are proving my point. The universe obviously exists, as we are having this conversation right now, yet no one can prove how the universe came into existence. Therefore, simply because we cannot prove how a god came into existance does imply that it cannot be real. Since when does absence of evidence equate to evidence of absence?

On a side note, I don't believe in a god, I'm just saying that saying a god cannot exist because of science is ridiculous.

Edit: I just did some research and even Stephen Hawking agrees with me

"What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary."
Last edited by classthe_king on Jul 5th, '11, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby GenePeer » Jul 5th, '11, 17:57

EminemBase wrote:Well I have absolutely no idea how phones or any of the technology you mentioned truly work and can't be sure you truly do also. As, you thought for one thing that planes and satelites were defying gravity earlier so the idea you can understand something that appears to sound so complex seems unlikely to me.

We already cleared that out as "Defying gravity"=non-scientific-term, and whether or not misunderstood it doesn't relate to this thread.

EminemBase wrote:So because I don't understand the example you've given, it's unfair of me to argue against or with is as I don't understand the validity in what you are saying.

But, if the technology was incorrect it wouldn't work. Incorrect technology doesn't work, by definition. That's why it's 'incorrect'. Things work when they are correct. So no, you haven't made yourself clear and I have no idea what you mean.

Technology working and theories being facts are two different things, that shouldn't necessarily correct as shown by the LOGIC in my post. If you decide to completely block that out of your head, you're really being arrogant and ignorant!

So next time before you start calling someone a "dipshit", "moron" or "idiot", make sure you at least understand what you're talking about.
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Jul 5th, '11, 18:17

classthe_king wrote:Now you are proving my point. The universe obviously exists, as we are having this conversation right now, yet no one can prove how the universe came into existence. Therefore, simply because we cannot prove how a god came into existance does imply that it cannot be real. Since when does absence of evidence equate to evidence of absence?

No, once again you've misused that analogy.

The Universe exists, that's correct, we're in it. Us not being able to FULLY (we've partially explained it) explain how it came into existence just means... we don't know how it came into existence lmao. But we don't need to know that to know it exists as we're in it and it's apparent.

God however, is not apparent and not a reality like the Universe. God is not visible or present and you can't prove there is a god around us. Therefore it's a totally blind idea and a fantasy, not a reality. It's as fantasy as an imaginary friend or anything which is not visible or apparent.

Not only is god not visible, apparent or reality, the idea of a personal god is not logically sound, makes no sense and nobody has ever come up with a good explanation for it.

And please... more rookieville... the old 'absence of evidence' line, gimme a break. Just because you can type that sentence or think that thought doesn't therefore make the idea of god plausible lmao. Otherwise, you could simply apply that thought to anything and claim anything is as valid as anything. Which clearly, is ridiculous.

Let's apply it to another claim...

Claim: there is a giant lizard wrapped around Earth.

You can't see the lizard? and how is this possible? how is the lizard breathing or surviviing in space you ask?... that doesn't matter. Just because I can't explain it doesn't mean it can't be true. And since when does absence of evidence equate to evidence of absence?

We can all play little games of semantics or philosophical cat and mouse but that's once again, academic and conversational. Not reality, and proof of nothing. You can't just say that line and conclude the idea of god / a supernatural creator is now plausible or possible.

Here's another one "how do you know my red is the same as your red?"... well, wasn't that fun. But once again, this is just language and ideas. Means nothing in all actuality and the idea of god is as ridiculous and implausible as it's ever been, as it was before I typed that sentence and as ridiculous as it was when primitive man invented the idea thousands of years ago.

classthe_king wrote:On a side note, I don't believe in a god, I'm just saying that saying a god cannot exist because of science is ridiculous.

No that's not ridiculous.

Saying that a claim which is illogical, unproven, massively... hugely, gigantically unlikely and total fantasy cannot be true because of logic / reason / science / reality - saying that, is not ridiculous. That's a logical conclusion. That's sense.

Do you also think it's ridiculous to say... saying I can jump into space is impossible, because of science. Do you think that's ridiculous? you make an exception for god, everybody makes an exception for god because it concerns creation, mystery and self-comfort.

It's a ridiculous, unproven, illogical claim. So unless you can change the state of the claim, by making it logical, reasonable and proving it (to any degree) then no, it's not arrogant or ridiculous to call it impossible or stupid. It's the logical conclusion.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Jul 5th, '11, 18:21

I'll just repost this

I just did some research and even Stephen Hawking agrees with me

"What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary."

And then state yes, you cannot prove that a god exists. But you also can't prove that a god doesn't exist, no matter how much you want to say you can. End of story.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby EminemBase » Jul 5th, '11, 18:27

classthe_king wrote:I'll just repost this

I just did some research and even Stephen Hawking agrees with me

And then state yes, you cannot prove that a god exists. But you also can't prove that a god doesn't exist, no matter how much you want to say you can. End of story.

Yes, god is not needed and is therefore... a useless addition. I've said this multiple times in my responses.

I've also said that we can't truly call ANYTHING impossible, so you're clearly not reading. But the idea of a god is as close to zero as any idea.

This fucking line of "you can't prove god DOESN'T exist" is moronic. No you can't, but you also can't 'disprove' MILLIONS of absurd claims. You can't technically disprove there isn't a giant teapot flying around Earth. You could say we can't see it, I could say it's invisible.

Does that make it likely or worth considering? no. The claim is ridiculous and highly, highly, highly unlikely and goes against what we know. The same can be said for god. So people always emphasize you can't 'disprove' god as if that proves it's likely or as if that's like... a 'wow' response or something lmao. You can't disprove tons of things, doesn't make them 50/50 or likely. God is as close to impossible as any claim.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Jul 5th, '11, 18:30

I never said god was likely or that he was real. I never said god wasn't an absurd fantasy created by humans who are afraid of dying and being gone forever. I said you cannot prove that god doesn't exist. Which you just agreed with. Have a good day.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby GenePeer » Jul 5th, '11, 18:30

You're wasting your time class. This guy has already said he doesn't know enough to argue about this but you're still responding to him. Read this article and it'll help get over it: The Backfire Effect
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Jul 5th, '11, 18:34

classthe_king wrote:I never said god was likely or that he was real. I never said god wasn't an absurd fantasy created by humans who are afraid of dying and being gone forever. I said you cannot prove that god doesn't exist. Which you just agreed with. Have a good day.

I've only ever said it's not possible given what we know. The same as... me being able to fly is not possible given what we know. Yet, you couldn't 'disprove' it - you can't really disprove anything. So I don't know why you think god is a special case.

So you acting like you've won or made a huge point is ridiculous lmao. You were arguing like it was a likely idea or something worth considering.

I've conclusively shown that it's not and you've ended by saying 'oh well okay but you can't DISPROVE it' which is the final bow for anybody even attempting to play devil's advocate in this argument. You end with your tail between your legs. You have no point.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby EminemBase » Jul 5th, '11, 18:36

GenePeer wrote:You're wasting your time class. This guy has already said he doesn't know enough to argue about this

When did I say that?...

So, because I don't understand how the technology of phones work it means I can't argue with reasoned argument, lmao. You're such a fucking idiot.

So, I have to understand how every piece of technology in the world works in order to have said what I said? do you also understand how every single idea in mathematics works... ?

No you fucking don't. Does that mean you can't argue ABOUT mathematics or still know enough about it to argue its case or say what you've been saying etc. ? of course not. So eat your words and stop being a fucking retard.

You've also just been absolutely butt-fucked by Amadeo in your 'maths is not science' thread. So, I'll be interested in seeing your response to him. And me. As I also responded right away and proved what you said to be babble. If you don't think so... go fucking reply, to me and him. I cannot wait.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Jul 5th, '11, 18:41

EminemBase wrote:
classthe_king wrote:I never said god was likely or that he was real. I never said god wasn't an absurd fantasy created by humans who are afraid of dying and being gone forever. I said you cannot prove that god doesn't exist. Which you just agreed with. Have a good day.

I've only ever said it's not possible given what we know. The same as... me being able to fly is not possible given what we know. Yet, you couldn't 'disprove' it - you can't really disprove anything. So I don't know why you think god is a special case.

So you acting like you've won or made a huge point is ridiculous lmao. You were arguing like it was a likely idea or something worth considering.

I've conclusively shown that it's not and you've ended by saying 'oh well okay but you can't DISPROVE it' which is the final bow for anybody even attempting to play devil's advocate in this argument. You end with your tail between your legs. You have no point.

You said

Me saying "there is no god" is not my opinion. That's a logical conclusion based on the fact that there being a 'supernatural god' that created the Universe would violate the laws of science and therefore make everything we know wrong. Now, it is a FACT that the laws of science are RIGHT.

Which is wrong. As soon as you said

This fucking line of "you can't prove god DOESN'T exist" is moronic. No you can't

I won the argument, regardless of how ridiculous the thought of a god is, you still cannot say 100% that a god cannot exist.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby EminemBase » Jul 5th, '11, 18:46

classthe_king wrote:You said
Me saying "there is no god" is not my opinion. That's a logical conclusion based on the fact that there being a 'supernatural god' that created the Universe would violate the laws of science and therefore make everything we know wrong. Now, it is a FACT that the laws of science are RIGHT.

Yes that's correct and I still stand by that.

Me saying there is a logical conclusion based on the idea being illogical and the absolute lack of evidence, reason or proof in its favour.

It's not wrong and I did not ever say it was.

I said technically nothing can be 100% disproven. I've been saying that from day fucking one and if you don't think so, allow me to go back and get some quotes.

classthe_king wrote:I won the argument, regardless of how ridiculous the thought of a god is, you still cannot say 100% that a god cannot exist.

You didn't win the argument.

You started out implying god was likely or possible or a case could be made for god. You concluded having made not a single case for god and ending with the old chesnut, the lame-old 'well... uh, you can't DISPROVE god'. Which is true for basically any claim.

And since day one of this argument I've been saying you can't technically disprove anything. Or most things. But the idea of god is so close to zero that in conversation, and generally - most scientists and rational people call it impossible. As it may well as be.

You cannot say 100% I can't fly either. Doesn't mean it's true and doesn't mean I've won the 'I can fly argument' if you disputed me. You've not proven anything to me, you've proven nothing I've said wrong and I've admitted to nothing. You've won nothing.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby GenePeer » Jul 5th, '11, 18:50

EminemBase wrote:
GenePeer wrote:You're wasting your time class. This guy has already said he doesn't know enough to argue about this

When did I say that?...

So, because I don't understand how the technology of phones work it means I can't argue with reasoned argument, lmao. You're such a fucking idiot.

So, I have to understand how every piece of technology in the world works in order to have said what I said? do you also understand how every single idea in mathematics works... ?

No you fucking don't. Does that mean you can't argue ABOUT mathematics or still know enough about it to argue its case or say what you've been saying etc. ? of course not. So eat your words and stop being a fucking retard.

You've also just been absolutely butt-fucked by Amadeo in your 'maths is not science' thread. So, I'll be interested in seeing your response to him. And me. As I also responded right away and proved what you said to be babble. If you don't think so... go fucking reply, to me and him. I cannot wait.

LOL, I gave a brilliant argument that any scientist could understand and see I have a point, but you said you don't understand. Is it my fucking fault you brought up science to defend your atheism, if you don't understand the basics of it? Semiconductors and Electromagnetic waves is as basic as science gets!
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Almostlity » Jul 5th, '11, 18:50

tl;dr
Trimss wrote:> Alm goat
> Alm still goat

> Alm goat

Kill You wrote:Almostlity GOAT poster omg
Almostlity
DA GAWD
DA GAWD

Postby EminemBase » Jul 5th, '11, 18:54

GenePeer wrote:LOL, I gave a brilliant argument that any scientist could understand and see I have a point, but you said you don't understand. Is it my fucking fault you brought up science to defend your atheism, if you don't understand the basics of it? Semiconductors and Electromagnetic waves is as basic as science gets!

Well I find it highly unlikely that you gave a brilliant argument that any scientist would understand or condone considering you don't even know how satelites are where they are. And think they defy fucking gravity. You're a class-a moron.

I'll be back later to rip apart more of your mind puke. Going to get drunk now though.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Jul 5th, '11, 18:58

I've never once implied that god was real or likely or tried to make that argument :laughing:

All I said was that you cannot say a god doesn't exist. Which you again admitted that you can't. And gtfo with scientists say it's impossible. Stephen Hawking admitted it's not impossible.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate