The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Bombing and shooting in Norway

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Bombing and shooting in Norway

Postby the real slim shady » Jul 23rd, '11, 22:29

I expect you guys know what has happened, so i wont bother with several pages of explination, but ive been looking at this story on the internet, and was wondering what you guys think about it. One of the things that they have got out of the terrorist they arrested is that he is connected with people in Britain ( http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ju ... oya-gunman ), and the story says that he is connected to 'other anti-Islamic European organisations', which disproves the theory some people had that he was working for Al Qaeda (cant remember where i read that now).

What do you guys know or think about what is happening and what has happened in Norway?

PS. I find it disgusting that the attacks on Norway are getting less attention at the moment than Amy Winehouse's death. That shows just how insensetive and stupid most people are becoming :shakehead:
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Bombing and shooting in Norway

Postby eoclevin » Jul 23rd, '11, 22:43

It's tragic. I saw some images of the episode and it's horrifying. As far as I know Norway is a peaceful country that encourages tolerance. And for this to happen is just...I'm lost for words.

"A threat to democracy anywhere, threatens democracy everywhere." I hope Norwegians on this board aren't directly harmed by this. Although I know you all must be very saddened and shocked. Hope that you are all safe.
eoclevin
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby GenePeer » Jul 23rd, '11, 22:51

the real slim shady wrote:PS. I find it disgusting that the attacks on Norway are getting less attention at the moment than Amy Winehouse's death. That shows just how insensetive and stupid most people are becoming :shakehead:

Is it the people's fault or the media's?
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby the real slim shady » Jul 23rd, '11, 23:15

GenePeer wrote:
the real slim shady wrote:PS. I find it disgusting that the attacks on Norway are getting less attention at the moment than Amy Winehouse's death. That shows just how insensetive and stupid most people are becoming :shakehead:

Is it the people's fault or the media's?

the media do what they think the people want, so both really. But if it was up to me, Norway and Afghanistan and important things would have priority over a dead drug addict.
I had a freind who died from taking drugs, and apart from me and a few other people, no-one gave a shit. Why should Amy Winehouse be any different? Screw the media. When theyre talking about important things, go for it, one person dying from something that is their fault? People are upset, i know how they feel, and they have every right to be, but just because she is famous apparently she is more important that the 90 or so people who died in Norway :shakehead:

Anyway, the thread is supposed to be about Norway..
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby GenePeer » Jul 23rd, '11, 23:23

the real slim shady wrote:Anyway, the thread is supposed to be about Norway..

Well you didn't really set up the thread for a "serious debate". I just thought that other point would better suit the forum, but I'll let it go as I hate when my threads get derailed.
GenePeer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alex2012 » Jul 23rd, '11, 23:39

I don't know what to say about the attacks, except it's easier to do now that before and that people who make them are usually used and that the real culprits are often rich, this wealth gives them power, that they hide behind a mask and that they are manipulative.
Last edited by Alex2012 on Jul 23rd, '11, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Postby the real slim shady » Jul 23rd, '11, 23:49

Apparently the labor party were targeted, as the prime minister was almost in the bombed area, and it was a Labor party youth camp that the shooting happened, so it could be a political motivation :unsure:
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Jul 24th, '11, 00:53

Very sad :'( :'(
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SajN » Jul 25th, '11, 10:31

the real slim shady wrote:Apparently the labor party were targeted, as the prime minister was almost in the bombed area, and it was a Labor party youth camp that the shooting happened, so it could be a political motivation :unsure:

It was political motivation, because that man feels the Labor Party encourages multiculturalism, and that's why he blames them. He is anti-Islam and yeah... wants a white Europe or something.

He has some pretty strong opinions, he released his manifest hours before the attacks. It's over 1500 pages and he talks about so much (I haven't read it yet).

He is going to court today, and he said he is going to say alot more in the court, exposing his ideology...

I am in Pakistan right now and I heard about the bombing 30 minutes after it happened (while we didn't knew who did it, everyone suspected the muslim extremists, even I did).

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=119983&hilit=Norway

TheGentlePlayer: I am glad to see you're ok! I hope nothing has happened to the other Norwegian members I know here.

EDIT: Here is the article on what happened in English (from a Norwegian newspaper, not english) if interested to read.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/oslo ... d=10080597
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Jul 31st, '11, 14:34

SajN: Where in Pakistan where you? I was there two weeks ago.

I remember when I saw it on TV and thought some muslim was behind it and many of my friends on facebook was going against the muslims.
Then when I heard it was a norwegian behind all this I was shocked, but also glad a muslim didn't do it.

Then I read his book and damn, this man was a psycho! He wrote kind of a guide to how to do it again and shit like that :unsure: :shakehead:
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SajN » Jul 31st, '11, 16:46

TheGentlePlayer wrote:SajN: Where in Pakistan where you? I was there two weeks ago.

I remember when I saw it on TV and thought some muslim was behind it and many of my friends on facebook was going against the muslims.
Then when I heard it was a norwegian behind all this I was shocked, but also glad a muslim didn't do it.

Then I read his book and damn, this man was a psycho! He wrote kind of a guide to how to do it again and shit like that :unsure: :shakehead:

Wait, you a pakistani? :o
I am in Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

I responded on it all same way as you.

I also read alot from his book, mostly the diary where he is making the bomb and all the days before the attack. I also read the part about his life.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Jul 31st, '11, 18:22

Yeah, a pakistani ;)
Was in Rawalpindi too. I live 45 away from there :D

I read from the page 938 till the end. He was a psycho, but a very smart man. He mentions something about breaking the prison too :o
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 6th, '11, 18:43

lol, there's this guy on youtube, this old dude that says in his video that this fella was controlled by a mind control device located on a secret base in the moon that its controlled by aliens & illuminatis. :laughing:

man, honestly, I don't know whats worst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj04DdSb ... ideo_title

he talks at the very beggining and around at the middle about this... :shakehead:

well.... who knows right?
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Aug 7th, '11, 00:51

Man, what the... :facepalm
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Serious Debate