The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dyatlov Pass incident

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Dyatlov Pass incident

Postby Slimm » Nov 19th, '11, 15:08

This is inspired by Cream saying that he can't stop thinking about the bermuda triangle. Well this incident has been in my mind for a few years now and I still occasionally think about it. I thought most of you probably never heard of it so here's an interesting read.

The Dyatlov Pass incident refers to an event that resulted in the deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959. It happened on the east shoulder of the mountain Kholat Syakhl (Холат Сяхл) (a Mansi name, meaning Mountain of the Dead). The mountain pass where the incident occurred has since been named Dyatlov Pass (Перевал Дятлова) after the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov (Игорь Дятлов). The lack of eyewitnesses has inspired much speculation. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident.[1] The chronology of the incident remains unclear due to the lack of survivors.[2][3]

Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot in heavy snow. Though the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue.[1] According to sources, four of the victims' clothing contained substantial levels of radiation. There is no mention of this in contemporary documentation; it only appears in later documents.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

Everyone should really read the Wikipedia, bricks will be shat.
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Serious Debate