The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

We suck, and here's why!

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: We suck, and here's why!

Postby Sam. » Nov 25th, '11, 19:49

Fleka wrote:I agree with you. And I blame Facebook, Twitter and all that shit. The meaning of life has become posting pics of yourself doing evrything you do. Pics of you walking, shopping, sudying, sleeping, pics of you in a new shirt, pics of you on the beach... And then you just wait for the likes and commetns. And a new status every 20 minutes. :facepalm2

It`s like, who needs to know anything about life and the stuff that is going on in the world when you have 456985236 friends that like your new pic of you taking a pic of someone that takes a pic of you.

Fuck Facebook for real, it's getting bored.On a whole social networking on the Internet is declining.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Nov 25th, '11, 20:00

Words wrote:I wasn't quite sure where to put this post, I was going to post it in Afterparty but it felt a little too serious for that section.
This is not meant to describe 100% of people my age. So if you are my age, know that I may not be talking about you.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
My generation, more specifically people around my age (Teenagers, Teens, Young Adults, Young People etc.) suck, and here's why. I've determined this by studying my peers and making observations. They are much more concerned with trivial things that have no real effect on their lives, and less concerned about world events- such as the Occupy movement. We suck, and here's why.

News/Politics/World Events
Like I said, these things take a backseat to trivial matters. They are often less important than a teenager's favorite TV show, thus said teenager does not pay attention to matters like Politics. If I talk to any of my peers, (I do this rarely. I do try to avoid conversation with them.) and mention any sort of political matter or important world event, they usually don't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about. Just last week, I asked another student "What's your opinion on the Occupy movement?" And he didn't know what I was talking about. I clarified rephrasing it as the 99%, Wall Street Protests, Occupy Wall Street etc. and still nothing. He actually had avoided hearing about the protests. This is a scary thought because people my age will be able to vote in the next presidential election, with voters this out of touch with the world how can we expect our election results to turn out positive. People will just let the media tell them what to believe and who to vote for and nobody will think for themselves.

Facebook
I have a facebook, but only because it is impossible to reach people any other way. It is because of my generation's obsession with the social networking phenomenon. The thing I most dislike about facebook is how people abuse the living hell out of the site. People my age will constantly update their status with the most bullshit pointless, meaningless shit have ever read in my life. Every 5 minutes there will be a status update that says something to say nothing. This for example, an actual status update by one of my facebook "friends":

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
Like this status and I will write something CUTE
on your wall!!!!! :D <3 <3 <3

27 people found this relevant enough to waste their time responding to this. 27 people found it necessary to take time out of their day to go on facebook and take part in wasting their time. There are plenty of other stauses that piss me off as well, like when somebody links the latest shit from Lil Wayne and calls him the greatest rapper in the world.
"Fuckfacebook" -Eminem

Audio/Video Media
They listen to music that has no real message, just the latest top 40 pop star to have a catchy song. Or the newest rapper to have the cool sounding hook, not because of the lyrics, or the content of the song. I'm tired of seeing artists with little to no talent, who have no deeper meanings tied with any of their music, plastered to billboards, and on EVERY TV I walk past. I can't go a day without having to hear about the latest stupid shit kids are listening to, or watching for that matter. People my age are facinated by stupid pointless as fuck reality TV shows, that at the end of the day have no impact whatsoever. The grade of TV and film quality that my peers enjoy so much is deeply disturbing. How does "The Twilight Series" always kill the box office? They are awful pieces of garbage that pussify the timeless image of the classic vampire. Enough with this kind of shit, it disgusts me.

I'm turning 19 soon and lord help us, I agree with you SO much. I'm posting this on Facebook, lol. I honestly say this shit all the time, and I've gone from like 850 friends to 810 in two months. :laughing:
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby momentsgolden » Nov 30th, '11, 13:16

Sam. wrote:Fuck Facebook for real, it's getting bored.On a whole social networking on the Internet is declining.

Yeah, i guess Facebook used to be exciting when it was a means to an end- a place to meet people, find long lost loves, connect with family and maybe stalk one of two exs. But virtually everything on the wall was about real life experiences that are mutually shared. No wonder the (oldies, unhip) trshady people still attempt to make the 'internet friend" "real friend" distiction. Now everything there is about quotes/ celebrities/ pictures/ sport or other virtual media creating a disconnection between those interracting. Sad tbh
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sam. » Nov 30th, '11, 20:01

momentsgolden wrote:
Sam. wrote:Fuck Facebook for real, it's getting bored.On a whole social networking on the Internet is declining.

Yeah, i guess Facebook used to be exciting when it was a means to an end- a place to meet people, find long lost loves, connect with family and maybe stalk one of two exs. But virtually everything on the wall was about real life experiences that are mutually shared. No wonder the (oldies, unhip) trshady people still attempt to make the 'internet friend" "real friend" distiction. Now everything there is about quotes/ celebrities/ pictures/ sport or other virtual media creating a disconnection between those interracting. Sad tbh

:o Another thread, another quote??? !!!

I've to agree though, it has become a hum for promotion for Movies, Products, Education & Career( :y: ) to Advertisement's. It's becoming a one stop search engine. :coffee:
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby mdemaz » Dec 1st, '11, 03:32

Facebook is just an excuse for angsty teenagers to talk about how they got molested as kids on their status updates.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby momentsgolden » Dec 1st, '11, 13:58

Sam. wrote: :o Another thread, another quote??? !!!

Well, you happen to be a pretty active member i guess :D
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sam. » Dec 1st, '11, 19:56

momentsgolden wrote:
Sam. wrote: :o Another thread, another quote??? !!!

Well, you happen to be a pretty active member i guess :D

I'm active because my work is done mainly done online.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby EminemBase » Dec 2nd, '11, 06:05

Yes but this is happening for a few reasons...

First of all, we're not fighting any major human relation issues in most parts now as they had to in the past. When racism was still in full effect in the US, there was a reason and a need to be involved in politics and speak out, and change something for the greater good.

Secondly, whether consciously or unconsciously, I think most have reserved to the fact that the Government is so powerful and enclosed now that there's little influence we can have anyway. And this is not a cliche, if you know anything about the structure of US politics and just capitalism in general then you'd know that with most issues they can pretty much do what the fuck they like, often we have no idea of major decisions as they 'don't concern the public'.

We've allowed government secrecy (bad).

Outside of a revolution, our current system is fucked. I realized this a long time ago and the corruption and the evil, and the greed, and the lies are as deep and widespread as possible. But generally speaking, you can live your life without being affected by it, thankfully, in the west.

Technology is also constantly blossoming and evolving around us so there's more to entertain us, more to do and that's also probably an obvious reason for decline of interest in politics or world events. As there's more distractions. But you shouldn't condemn the change or order things go back to how they were, we need to embrace change and progress. What will be will be.

So whilst I would like to see many things changed, namely, no monetary system and an entire restructure of society - this certainly won't happen in my life time. If I get a signal it is happening, I'll join in, but I think it's going to take our current system to collapse.

I'm not interested in magazines or video games. I actually have actively researched many historical events and in particular 9/11 and... any major political event or disaster or public crisis in the US, that is linked or could be linked to the CIA or FBI or Government in any way is often lied about (sometimes needlessly, but often for corrupt reasons / conspiracy) and the public are fed an 'official account' which then goes down as the truth.

But you can't have any trust in any so called system of justice, so to where are you crying for your political change? - changing the people in power does very little as we keep witnessing. It's an act, being the President is just an act, a role, an appearance. The economy will continue to do what it does, people will forget about the recession with time and the infinite greed climb will again happen and then it will come crashing down again. This has happened again, and again, and again in history. We never learn from history because greed knows no bounds.

The capitalist structure is inherently unfair and inherently unjust and it promotes and has created the mindset of greed by any means and abolished true justice, in many forms.

I'm aware of everything and angered by a lot. But when you do come to the realization that you cannot do anything about it... there's nowhere else to go.

Teens and adolescents shouldn't be concerning themselves or wasting their lives studying or partaking in politics. The dirty, filthy, lying, corrupt game of capitalist politics and all the underlying evil and irrationality that entails. It's not pleasant, and it's not noble.

Our generation should forget politics, let the government go fuck itself - we should focus on finding our passions and doing what we love to do every day. The only reason to live is to do what you love to do everyday. People who work just to work are insane. And people who spend their lives voting and placing a deluded yet considerable amount of emphasis on particular parties or ideologies... it's bizarre and pointless. Lead your own life, forget the government. They're scum.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby mdemaz » Dec 2nd, '11, 06:39

EminemBase wrote:Yes but this is happening for a few reasons...

First of all, we're not fighting any major human relation issues in most parts now as they had to in the past. When racism was still in full effect in the US, there was a reason and a need to be involved in politics and speak out, and change something for the greater good.

Secondly, whether consciously or unconsciously, I think most have reserved to the fact that the Government is so powerful and enclosed now that there's little influence we can have anyway. And this is not a cliche, if you know anything about the structure of US politics and just capitalism in general then you'd know that with most issues they can pretty much do what the fuck they like, often we have no idea of major decisions as they 'don't concern the public'.

We've allowed government secrecy (bad).

Outside of a revolution, our current system is fucked. I realized this a long time ago and the corruption and the evil, and the greed, and the lies are as deep and widespread as possible. But generally speaking, you can live your life without being affected by it, thankfully, in the west.

Technology is also constantly blossoming and evolving around us so there's more to entertain us, more to do and that's also probably an obvious reason for decline of interest in politics or world events. As there's more distractions. But you shouldn't condemn the change or order things go back to how they were, we need to embrace change and progress. What will be will be.

So whilst I would like to see many things changed, namely, no monetary system and an entire restructure of society - this certainly won't happen in my life time. If I get a signal it is happening, I'll join in, but I think it's going to take our current system to collapse.

I'm not interested in magazines or video games. I actually have actively researched many historical events and in particular 9/11 and... any major political event or disaster or public crisis in the US, that is linked or could be linked to the CIA or FBI or Government in any way is often lied about (sometimes needlessly, but often for corrupt reasons / conspiracy) and the public are fed an 'official account' which then goes down as the truth.

But you can't have any trust in any so called system of justice, so to where are you crying for your political change? - changing the people in power does very little as we keep witnessing. It's an act, being the President is just an act, a role, an appearance. The economy will continue to do what it does, people will forget about the recession with time and the infinite greed climb will again happen and then it will come crashing down again. This has happened again, and again, and again in history. We never learn from history because greed knows no bounds.

The capitalist structure is inherently unfair and inherently unjust and it promotes and has created the mindset of greed by any means and abolished true justice, in many forms.

I'm aware of everything and angered by a lot. But when you do come to the realization that you cannot do anything about it... there's nowhere else to go.

Teens and adolescents shouldn't be concerning themselves or wasting their lives studying or partaking in politics. The dirty, filthy, lying, corrupt game of capitalist politics and all the underlying evil and irrationality that entails. It's not pleasant, and it's not noble.

Our generation should forget politics, let the government go fuck itself - we should focus on finding our passions and doing what we love to do every day. The only reason to live is to do what you love to do everyday. People who work just to work are insane. And people who spend their lives voting and placing a deluded yet considerable amount of emphasis on particular parties or ideologies... it's bizarre and pointless. Lead your own life, forget the government. They're scum.

I think society's main flaw is the fact that they have brainwashed my generation into thinking that the world is a magical fairytale land of computers and Facebook.

I would blame our own stupidity for letting the powers that be to drag us into the abyss of the online world.
Each time you would see somebody now, you would probably text them instead of even talking to them.

You would not see any kids online 6 years ago.
Not one.

Now that you got the technologies soo close to our hearts now, it seems like any dumbass can make an account on Facebook and try to be hip.

Even my own parents..

I miss the times when the internet was meant to be a way of getting AWAY from reality rather then your dad poking his ass into it.

But this is just me..I'm just a bitter old fuck.
Last edited by mdemaz on Dec 2nd, '11, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby BigBoss » Dec 2nd, '11, 06:49

Tl dr

But srsly, if you dont like facebook, dont use it.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby mdemaz » Dec 2nd, '11, 06:53

I like it, I just hate the way people use it..
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Previous

Return to Serious Debate