The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

We suck, and here's why!

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

We suck, and here's why!

Postby Words » Nov 22nd, '11, 16:53

I wasn't quite sure where to put this post, I was going to post it in Afterparty but it felt a little too serious for that section.
This is not meant to describe 100% of people my age. So if you are my age, know that I may not be talking about you.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
My generation, more specifically people around my age (Teenagers, Teens, Young Adults, Young People etc.) suck, and here's why. I've determined this by studying my peers and making observations. They are much more concerned with trivial things that have no real effect on their lives, and less concerned about world events- such as the Occupy movement. We suck, and here's why.

News/Politics/World Events
Like I said, these things take a backseat to trivial matters. They are often less important than a teenager's favorite TV show, thus said teenager does not pay attention to matters like Politics. If I talk to any of my peers, (I do this rarely. I do try to avoid conversation with them.) and mention any sort of political matter or important world event, they usually don't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about. Just last week, I asked another student "What's your opinion on the Occupy movement?" And he didn't know what I was talking about. I clarified rephrasing it as the 99%, Wall Street Protests, Occupy Wall Street etc. and still nothing. He actually had avoided hearing about the protests. This is a scary thought because people my age will be able to vote in the next presidential election, with voters this out of touch with the world how can we expect our election results to turn out positive. People will just let the media tell them what to believe and who to vote for and nobody will think for themselves.

Facebook
I have a facebook, but only because it is impossible to reach people any other way. It is because of my generation's obsession with the social networking phenomenon. The thing I most dislike about facebook is how people abuse the living hell out of the site. People my age will constantly update their status with the most bullshit pointless, meaningless shit have ever read in my life. Every 5 minutes there will be a status update that says something to say nothing. This for example, an actual status update by one of my facebook "friends":

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
Like this status and I will write something CUTE
on your wall!!!!! :D <3 <3 <3

27 people found this relevant enough to waste their time responding to this. 27 people found it necessary to take time out of their day to go on facebook and take part in wasting their time. There are plenty of other stauses that piss me off as well, like when somebody links the latest shit from Lil Wayne and calls him the greatest rapper in the world.
"Fuckfacebook" -Eminem

Audio/Video Media
They listen to music that has no real message, just the latest top 40 pop star to have a catchy song. Or the newest rapper to have the cool sounding hook, not because of the lyrics, or the content of the song. I'm tired of seeing artists with little to no talent, who have no deeper meanings tied with any of their music, plastered to billboards, and on EVERY TV I walk past. I can't go a day without having to hear about the latest stupid shit kids are listening to, or watching for that matter. People my age are facinated by stupid pointless as fuck reality TV shows, that at the end of the day have no impact whatsoever. The grade of TV and film quality that my peers enjoy so much is deeply disturbing. How does "The Twilight Series" always kill the box office? They are awful pieces of garbage that pussify the timeless image of the classic vampire. Enough with this kind of shit, it disgusts me.
Blu wrote:I think Words is my new favorite member.. haha Thanks man! :y:
Words
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: We suck, and here's why!

Postby EG. » Nov 22nd, '11, 17:10

I agree with you on some points. Most people i hang out with don't have a clue about what's going on in the world. (Not saying I know a lot) I guess you can't blame them, but they're just not interested! I find this disappointing at times. They seem to live in their own little world, a world where they don't have to think about anything too difficult.
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sam. » Nov 22nd, '11, 19:22

A single thought: "Every human has own perception towards life based on his likes and dis-likes, which are formed over the years with the experiences of life"
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » Nov 22nd, '11, 20:03

I get where you're coming from, but don't forget that it is the college-aged youth that drives the protest movement. If you're still in high school, you only need to wait for everyone to catch up to you, maturity-wise. Give them time to find something substantial to believe in. It won't be long before that's the 'cool' thing to do. Just look at hipsters.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby D Chronic » Nov 22nd, '11, 21:27

I have to say I really agree. God, just because i'm not on Facebook means I'm unsocial, fuck teenagers these days. The fucking pop music now a days can fucking burn in hell, it isn't listenable. Just because I work hard at school other fucking retards have to envy me because I actually want to work at school.
rawr
D Chronic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mdemaz » Nov 23rd, '11, 02:13

Fuck people.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby momentsgolden » Nov 23rd, '11, 02:28

I feel really ashamed of myself after reading this thread. Because of this place i find myself lost more in "whats Eminem's next feature" instead of "Whats Obama's next policy." Plus, thats just the States side of things, there is local news- crime, jobs, environment. There are technological breakthroughs in Japan, mindblowing physics at LHC, human rights abuses in Taiwan, weapons of mass destruction in Iran, extreme hunger in Sudan and i am looking for yelawolf's bonus track coz eminem is on it. :shakehead:
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BigBoss » Nov 24th, '11, 11:11

InsaneTRex94 wrote:I see someone feels my pain.

I try to get people to watch the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Probably the best way to get a teenager with an attention span smaller than mine (which is dangerously small lol) to watch the news and become a bit more educated.

I had to get rid of Facebook, Twitter and Youtube because I got a bit too addicted to them (more with arguing than actually updating pointless shit). I had too many idiots friends with me, I think when I quit FB I had only like 15 friends because I couldn't stand such faggy posts. And I'm sorry to use that word but theres no other way to say it.
Now I'm a bit older, I don't feel like I'll be addicted to this as much. Probably because there are fewer idiots to argue with. I feel like TR is filled with more logical people to talk with/to.

AND THE FUCKING MUSIC! Holy shit, I was talking to this sophomore about how Eminem and Tech N9ne are my favorite rappers, respectively. He had no fucking idea who Tech was, and started playing Rick Ross. Saying Rick Ross was the best EVER. Better than even Tupac, Nas, Big L, and Biggie, he said. So I started freestyling shit like Ricky would, saying something like "Yo I got a motherfucking maybach/*retarded Ricky grunt*/Me and this bitch we go way back/Bitch I want you to lay back/I get so much money bitch I made that", stupid shit. I told him a semi-intellegent (my spelling might betray that fact though) can
freestyle something Rick Ross writes, and he was like "No Rick Ross has maaaaad talent yo".
When I see a freshman in my school going by "rapping" a Lil Wayne song, I repress the urge to laugh because they think it's cool, but it's really a bunch of BS, they sound like retards.
If you're gonna say a rapper is good because he has good beats, then give the fucking producer some credit.

Also, it disgusts me to look at what my younger cousins are watching, and see that they're entertained by fucking "Fanboy & Chum CHum"... I feel like our generation is fucked, but any upcoming ones will be dead after being raped in the ass.

I also hate our generation's males' tendency to wear shirts that show off their tits and getting cut off above the waist with skinny jeans. And I share Royce's views on the word "swag" I think it's the most retarded thing in the world.

Wat.

But your right, #swag.

Just felt like covering all aspects of the post. I'm bored :coffee:
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby BigBoss » Nov 24th, '11, 11:13

Sorry I messed up quote, on phone and the mobile version here sucks
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby DƎRDYPK » Nov 24th, '11, 18:22

yeah, fuck people. :(
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby Eedee » Nov 25th, '11, 06:04

I'll go with George Carlin on this one. "I like people, but only in short bursts" (not verbatim but that's the gist of it.)
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Fleka » Nov 25th, '11, 06:18

I agree with you. And I blame Facebook, Twitter and all that shit. The meaning of life has become posting pics of yourself doing evrything you do. Pics of you walking, shopping, sudying, sleeping, pics of you in a new shirt, pics of you on the beach... And then you just wait for the likes and commetns. And a new status every 20 minutes. :facepalm2

It`s like, who needs to know anything about life and the stuff that is going on in the world when you have 456985236 friends that like your new pic of you taking a pic of someone that takes a pic of you.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Ka0t1c » Nov 25th, '11, 10:11

i feel your pain, it can be any age really, the world is corrupt, paper money isn't worth a damn, the system is garbage, Anarchy's approaching. thank you.
oh yeah... and thanks for nothing too
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Sam. » Nov 25th, '11, 19:49

Fleka wrote:I agree with you. And I blame Facebook, Twitter and all that shit. The meaning of life has become posting pics of yourself doing evrything you do. Pics of you walking, shopping, sudying, sleeping, pics of you in a new shirt, pics of you on the beach... And then you just wait for the likes and commetns. And a new status every 20 minutes. :facepalm2

It`s like, who needs to know anything about life and the stuff that is going on in the world when you have 456985236 friends that like your new pic of you taking a pic of someone that takes a pic of you.

Fuck Facebook for real, it's getting bored.On a whole social networking on the Internet is declining.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Nov 25th, '11, 20:00

Words wrote:I wasn't quite sure where to put this post, I was going to post it in Afterparty but it felt a little too serious for that section.
This is not meant to describe 100% of people my age. So if you are my age, know that I may not be talking about you.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
My generation, more specifically people around my age (Teenagers, Teens, Young Adults, Young People etc.) suck, and here's why. I've determined this by studying my peers and making observations. They are much more concerned with trivial things that have no real effect on their lives, and less concerned about world events- such as the Occupy movement. We suck, and here's why.

News/Politics/World Events
Like I said, these things take a backseat to trivial matters. They are often less important than a teenager's favorite TV show, thus said teenager does not pay attention to matters like Politics. If I talk to any of my peers, (I do this rarely. I do try to avoid conversation with them.) and mention any sort of political matter or important world event, they usually don't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about. Just last week, I asked another student "What's your opinion on the Occupy movement?" And he didn't know what I was talking about. I clarified rephrasing it as the 99%, Wall Street Protests, Occupy Wall Street etc. and still nothing. He actually had avoided hearing about the protests. This is a scary thought because people my age will be able to vote in the next presidential election, with voters this out of touch with the world how can we expect our election results to turn out positive. People will just let the media tell them what to believe and who to vote for and nobody will think for themselves.

Facebook
I have a facebook, but only because it is impossible to reach people any other way. It is because of my generation's obsession with the social networking phenomenon. The thing I most dislike about facebook is how people abuse the living hell out of the site. People my age will constantly update their status with the most bullshit pointless, meaningless shit have ever read in my life. Every 5 minutes there will be a status update that says something to say nothing. This for example, an actual status update by one of my facebook "friends":

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
Like this status and I will write something CUTE
on your wall!!!!! :D <3 <3 <3

27 people found this relevant enough to waste their time responding to this. 27 people found it necessary to take time out of their day to go on facebook and take part in wasting their time. There are plenty of other stauses that piss me off as well, like when somebody links the latest shit from Lil Wayne and calls him the greatest rapper in the world.
"Fuckfacebook" -Eminem

Audio/Video Media
They listen to music that has no real message, just the latest top 40 pop star to have a catchy song. Or the newest rapper to have the cool sounding hook, not because of the lyrics, or the content of the song. I'm tired of seeing artists with little to no talent, who have no deeper meanings tied with any of their music, plastered to billboards, and on EVERY TV I walk past. I can't go a day without having to hear about the latest stupid shit kids are listening to, or watching for that matter. People my age are facinated by stupid pointless as fuck reality TV shows, that at the end of the day have no impact whatsoever. The grade of TV and film quality that my peers enjoy so much is deeply disturbing. How does "The Twilight Series" always kill the box office? They are awful pieces of garbage that pussify the timeless image of the classic vampire. Enough with this kind of shit, it disgusts me.

I'm turning 19 soon and lord help us, I agree with you SO much. I'm posting this on Facebook, lol. I honestly say this shit all the time, and I've gone from like 850 friends to 810 in two months. :laughing:
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Next

Return to Serious Debate