The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Challenge: DEBATE ME!

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Challenge: DEBATE ME!

Postby EminemBase » Jan 15th, '12, 00:37

Blu wrote:
EminemBase wrote:
SWEET_TOOTH wrote:Do you believe in "God"?

Me? no.

Why not?

Because it's illogical and there's no evidence for it.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Blu » Jan 15th, '12, 01:00

EminemBase wrote:Because it's illogical and there's no evidence for it.

We're gonna debate the existence of God when you're done with whoever you're debating with. This topic intrigues me. :coffee:
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby BigBoss » Jan 15th, '12, 04:34

Blu wrote:

We're gonna debate the existence of God when you're done with whoever you're debating with. This topic intrigues me. :coffee:

Give us proof that there is a "God".

Now, could there have been a man walking around Jerusalem along time ago claiming to cure people? Maybe. That doesn't prove there is a "God" though.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EminemBase » Jan 15th, '12, 04:50

Blu wrote:

We can debate right now, I'll open a new thread. I can have multiple debates.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Blu » Jan 15th, '12, 06:09

SWEET_TOOTH wrote:
Blu wrote:

Give us proof that there is a "God".

Now, could there have been a man walking around Jerusalem along time ago claiming to cure people? Maybe. That doesn't prove there is a "God" though.

Give us proof that you're a man. Give us proof that the Holocaust happened besides a couple of tapes that could have been tampered with and paid actors.

Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby BigBoss » Jan 15th, '12, 06:12

wut

come to Cali ill show you im a man.

the millions of bodies that were found burned. or however they were killed.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby BigBoss » Jan 15th, '12, 06:13

and were not talking about that, were talking about if "God" exists, which he doesn't.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Blu » Jan 15th, '12, 06:16

SWEET_TOOTH wrote:and were not talking about that, were talking about if "God" exists, which he doesn't.

The subject matter doesn't affect anything. God isn't based on proof, he's based on faith. I'm already guessing something happened in your life that stopped you from believing.

@EmBase, tomorrow. It's late here mate, and I'm getting tired. I need a full-working brain.

Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby BigBoss » Jan 15th, '12, 06:23

Blu wrote:
SWEET_TOOTH wrote:and were not talking about that, were talking about if "God" exists, which he doesn't.

The subject matter doesn't affect anything. God isn't based on proof, he's based on faith. I'm already guessing something happened in your life that stopped you from believing.

@EmBase, tomorrow. It's late here mate, and I'm getting tired. I need a full-working brain.

Well then what are you two going to say then? people have have a reason to have "Faith" in "God" right? And there has to be some sort of fact behind the peoples faith's, and "God" itself.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » Jan 19th, '12, 21:33

Blu wrote:
SWEET_TOOTH wrote:Give us proof that there is a "God".

Give us proof that you're a man. Give us proof that the Holocaust happened besides a couple of tapes that could have been tampered with and paid actors.

Oh my fucking... Do you seriously question the Holocaust? I can't even say "please, tell me you're joking" because that's not even funny.
What school did you/are you going to? Your history teacher should be sued!
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » Jan 19th, '12, 22:01

Menzo wrote:
JustEnjoytheMusic wrote:
Blue wrote:Give us proof that you're a man. Give us proof that the Holocaust happened besides a couple of tapes that could have been tampered with and paid actors.

Oh my fucking... Do you seriously question the Holocaust? I can't even say "please, tell me you're joking" because that's not even funny.
What school did you/are you going to? Your history teacher should be sued!

There's a lot of things insinuating the number of deaths were exaggerated by a few million (I don't agree with that though) but he wasn't literally questioning it, just breaking it down to how easy it is to ask that question.

Yes, that question is easily asked. It's my nephew's favorite word and he's a little kid. However, the original topic was about whether or not God existed. Something that cannot be proven in either direction. Blue decided to throw two questions in the room, both of which can be proven as facts. That's what bothers me. That something as unprovable as the existence of God is put on the same level as the Holocaust.
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby EminemBase » Jan 19th, '12, 22:16

JustEnjoytheMusic wrote:Yes, that question is easily asked. It's my nephew's favorite word and he's a little kid. However, the original topic was about whether or not God existed. Something that cannot be proven in either direction. Blue decided to throw two questions in the room, both of which can be proven as facts. That's what bothers me. That something as unprovable as the existence of God is put on the same level as the Holocaust.

The idea of a god is not comparable to the Holocaust.

An entire war happened to account for the Holocaust, we have records, videos, pictures, writings of Hitler, the dictator who unsighted it - we know of his beliefs, his reasoning, we have actual Holocaust survivors and Jewish families that were affected.

There's an abundance of evidence, circumstantial, factual and from every angle.

The idea of god: 0.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » Jan 19th, '12, 22:24

Menzo wrote:^ It's not different then when people compare the existence of Santa Claus and God...

I think there is a big difference.

The Holocaust is a historical fact, something that could be proven. We have cold-hard facts, evidence that say loud and clear, "Yes, it happened."

Santa Claus and God, well that comparison makes more sense because we cannot proof that they exist, but we don't have proof that they do not exist either (admittedly, the existence of God is more likely than the existence of Santa Claus).
We do know that there was once a saint called Nikolaus of Myra. I'm not sure how much is known about his life, but there is evidence that he lived. However, there is no proof for a guy who brings presents on Christmas, and it's highly unlikely that there is. Ultimately, we cannot say there isn't, though. We cannot say that concerning anything supernatural, such as ghosts, magic and religion.

I prefer a God-Santa Claus parallel over a God-Holocaust comparison any day.
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » Jan 19th, '12, 22:27

EminemBase wrote:
JustEnjoytheMusic wrote:Yes, that question is easily asked. It's my nephew's favorite word and he's a little kid. However, the original topic was about whether or not God existed. Something that cannot be proven in either direction. Blue decided to throw two questions in the room, both of which can be proven as facts. That's what bothers me. That something as unprovable as the existence of God is put on the same level as the Holocaust.

The idea of a god is not comparable to the Holocaust.

An entire war happened to account for the Holocaust, we have records, videos, pictures, writings of Hitler, the dictator who unsighted it - we know of his beliefs, his reasoning, we have actual Holocaust survivors and Jewish families that were affected.

There's an abundance of evidence, circumstantial, factual and from every angle.

The idea of god: 0.

Thanks for backing me up :flower: .
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate