The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

EminemBase vs. Blu - God

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

EminemBase vs. Blu - God

Postby EminemBase » Jan 15th, '12, 04:51

Okay Blu, you wanted to debate me on the existence of God.

I'm an atheist, for those who don't know.

So, go ahead and make your opening statement Blu :)
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Re: EminemBase vs. Blu - God

Postby BigBoss » Jan 15th, '12, 04:55

No "God" exists.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Blu » Jan 15th, '12, 06:24

I'm posting in this so I don't look like a silly wanker. When I wake up tomorrow after breakfast I'll be sure to reply. :y:
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Solace » Jan 15th, '12, 19:26

Menzo wrote:
Blu wrote:I'm posting in this so I don't look like a silly wanker. When I wake up tomorrow after breakfast I'll be sure to reply. :y:

As much as I disagree with EmBase on this topic...you're dead, son.

Agree with Menzo.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Sekou » Jan 15th, '12, 19:30

Solace wrote:
Menzo wrote:
Blu wrote:I'm posting in this so I don't look like a silly wanker. When I wake up tomorrow after breakfast I'll be sure to reply. :y:

As much as I disagree with EmBase on this topic...you're dead, son.

Agree with Menzo.

Tbh. I just hope he's not gonna be a pussy and simply dodge that thread now.
Sekou
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slim Fiasco » Jan 15th, '12, 19:43

As an atheist, I can't wait for this to go down.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Fleka » Jan 15th, '12, 20:09

I was raised to belive in God. But, I`m not much of a beliver. Faith is ok, it gives you something to hold on to in tough times. People need something to belive in and something that will guide them in life. The whole "faith" concept is great, nobody is forcing you to be a beliver. You can use it as a guiding light or you can ignore it completly. You can belive that God is watcing over you and protecting you, you can belive that all the bad and the good things happen for a reason, the way God wanted them to happen. And that faith will make you go forward. Or you can say that there is no God, that we are makers of our destiny.

But, there is a negative side. People do bad things in Gods name. Take the Crusades for example. And today, the Church-Gods house on Earth-is all aboutthe money. In Christmas time, when priests are coming to our homes to spray them with holy water (I don`t know what do you call it, in my language it`s "posvećivanje kuće"), they won`t even come in if you don`t have at least 50$ to give them. Aren`t we all the same in Gods eyes? When Pope is coming to your country, it costs millions. Poverty is a big problem in the world, but countries pay millions just so the Pope can come. That wont feed the hungry or heal the sick. And, for fuck sake, how manny pedophiles are priests!?

I know I took this off topic. If there is a God, he is letting us do some bad stuff in his name. He became a brand.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EminemBase » Jan 16th, '12, 02:49

Just in case anybody in here except Blu aims a post at me or tries to debate me in here... I'm only going to be responding to Blu's posts in that regard.

As it's a one-on-one debate. So if it becomes a free-for-all, may as well not bother.

*waiting on Blu's opening statement*
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby BigBoss » Jan 16th, '12, 17:16

where are the cold hard facts that god exists?
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EminemBase » Jan 16th, '12, 19:26

@Blu - To keep this between you and I (for the sake of the debate purity), it'd be good if you could ignore other members too. No disrespect to anybody but, otherwise it's too messy.

So just make your opening statement, I'll respond and we'll keep it one-on-one, back and forth.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Blu » Jan 17th, '12, 04:50

I think we're going to have to drop this debate.

God's existence is subjective, and tbh there's not much facts I could bring to the table that would help my case. Bringing up the Bible, Qur'an, or Tanakh really wouldn't do me much good because I'm not so sure myself if those books are truthful.

Oh well. :coffee:

SWEET_TOOTH wrote:where are the cold hard facts that god exists?

Like I said, God is based solely on faith.
Martin Luther King Jr. wrote:Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TonyTilt » Jan 17th, '12, 05:19

Fleka wrote:I was raised to belive in God. But, I`m not much of a beliver. Faith is ok, it gives you something to hold on to in tough times. People need something to belive in and something that will guide them in life. The whole "faith" concept is great, nobody is forcing you to be a beliver. You can use it as a guiding light or you can ignore it completly. You can belive that God is watcing over you and protecting you, you can belive that all the bad and the good things happen for a reason, the way God wanted them to happen. And that faith will make you go forward. Or you can say that there is no God, that we are makers of our destiny.

But, there is a negative side. People do bad things in Gods name. Take the Crusades for example. And today, the Church-Gods house on Earth-is all aboutthe money. In Christmas time, when priests are coming to our homes to spray them with holy water (I don`t know what do you call it, in my language it`s "posvećivanje kuće"), they won`t even come in if you don`t have at least 50$ to give them. Aren`t we all the same in Gods eyes? When Pope is coming to your country, it costs millions. Poverty is a big problem in the world, but countries pay millions just so the Pope can come. That wont feed the hungry or heal the sick. And, for fuck sake, how manny pedophiles are priests!?

I know I took this off topic. If there is a God, he is letting us do some bad stuff in his name. He became a brand.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I can't wait to read this tomorrow.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Amaranthine » Jan 17th, '12, 05:37

I guess EmBase wins. Shortest debate ever?
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby EminemBase » Jan 17th, '12, 07:36

Blu wrote:I think we're going to have to drop this debate.

God's existence is subjective, and tbh there's not much facts I could bring to the table that would help my case. Bringing up the Bible, Qur'an, or Tanakh really wouldn't do me much good because I'm not so sure myself if those books are truthful.

No, god's existence isn't subjective. Belief in god, is.

There either is a god, or there isn't. It's a scientific question.

Something either exists, or it doesn't. You can choose to believe there is a god despite lack of evidence but that doesn't make the chances of a god 50/50.

And if you don't want to have this debate, why did you ask to?
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby DanWS » Jan 17th, '12, 13:26

Blu, why did you pussy out so quickly?
TRshady wrote:The server is indeed unaware of the greatness that is DanWS.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Next

Return to Serious Debate