The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

SOPA

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: SOPA

Postby Atone » Jan 21st, '12, 10:54

I think it's bullshit

1. i been thinkin that this could be a scare tactic as well since elections are coming up

2. if it's real, i bet if Obama get's re-elected he will show support of SOPA, he's already back in office, what the fuck else he got to lose?

3. if SOPA happens, ppl will riot more than the occupy wallstreet riots and shit
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby J.R. » Jan 22nd, '12, 17:10

Atone The Underdog wrote:I think it's bullshit

1. i been thinkin that this could be a scare tactic as well since elections are coming up

2. if it's real, i bet if Obama get's re-elected he will show support of SOPA, he's already back in office, what the fuck else he got to lose?

3. if SOPA happens, ppl will riot more than the occupy wallstreet riots and shit

First decent post from you in a while..
Anyway,

SOPA's been postponed. Or something like that. Either way, it's gone for a while. :)
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SajN » Jan 22nd, '12, 22:45

Problem now isn't SOPA or PIPA.

Now it is ACTA... worse than the other two, and it's global.

It's going to be signed 26th january, but no one seems to talk about it.

Why? Because SOPA and PIPA is on our minds right now, and they are used to keep us away from knowing about ACTA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utjvqd6NDcM

https://www.eff.org/issues/acta
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Solace » Jan 27th, '12, 21:21

^Thanks for bringing that to light. Fuck.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby SajN » Jan 27th, '12, 21:23

It was signed yesterday...

Fuck.

They can even stop us in the airport and check our computers if they want to, and we can do nothing.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Solace » Jan 27th, '12, 21:26

Yesterday? The fuck? It really sucks that we can't do anything about these stupid fucking bills.

And apparently it was signed in Canada in October of 2011?

So what has my ISP been monitoring all the illegal shit I do now?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Kill You » Jan 29th, '12, 22:29

Don't support this at all...so many petitions against this have been given, and people sign, but apparently the opinions of the public don't really matter to the government, huh? Surprise surprise...so much for democracy.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby SajN » Jan 30th, '12, 19:06

In theory, ACTA’s purpose is to fight copyright infringement. It’s supposed to support artists, journalists and so on by a harmonization of enforcing protection of copyrights. For many artists and people who get paid for being creative and do not want to be robbed, this seems like a fair deal. What’s wrong with ACTA then?

According to many copyright law experts, instead of dealing with piracy ACTA will significantly limit basic civil rights and freedoms.

ACTA’s articles are too general and ambiguous. The definition of “pirated copyrighted goods” is too vague and too broad, while the means of copyright protection — too radical. The articles interfere with our basic rights, such as: free movement of information and expressing opinion, freedom of art and science or right to education. ACTA is a threat to our basic rights, especially those regarding personal data and privacy protection.

According to ACTA, a suspicion of infringement is enough to demand “information regarding any person involved in any aspect of the infringement or alleged infringement”. In effect, any audio, video, image or text file sent by email or linked to can set in motion what is described in ACTA as “prompt and effective provisional measures” regarding anyone who, knowingly or unknowingly, gained access to the file. A simple link that you might click by accident, or a file that you will receive by email may mean that your Internet provider has to disclose your name, address, IP number and other personal data. At the same time, to “prevent an infringement of any intellectual property right from occuring” and to “preserve relevant evidence in regard to the alleged infringement” it will be absolutely legal to cut off your Internet access, as well as take away your computer, hard drives, disks or pendrives in order to examine them by police experts.

How does ACTA work

Let’s say you paid for a photography course and shared information acquired during that course with your friends. You think that what you did was in accordance with fair use. But no, the copyright in each and every country is slightly different. What’s legal in your country can be forbidden in the country where the course was created. ACTA eliminates these differences. According to ACTA –the execution has to be fast and cheap. The author contacts your country’s police and courts about your copyright infringement and they will apply countermeasures – an allegation is enough. You’ll be treated like a criminal and after that you get to explain yourself.

You probably wonder: how would they know you shared information with your friends and no one else? We wrote that ACTA introduces a law that orders anyone to provide “information regarding any person involved in any aspect of the … alleged infringement”.

Your Internet Service Providers (ISP) or site administrators will not risk their whole business to protect your account. Even more, not to risk being charged as an accomplice (see: megaupload.com case), the administrator or ISP might start to monitor everything on their sites. Control the content and report all of the questionable cases. Privacy in the Internet may stop existing.

Anyone who cares about an Internet free from censorship, should know as much as they can about ACTA. Let the world know, that what’s about to happen is bad for every Internet user.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Solace » Jan 30th, '12, 19:21

So why hasn't pretty much everyone been arrested yet?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby SajN » Jan 30th, '12, 19:24

Tbh, I don' have much insight in this.
I just get the info from a friend :p

The text I pasted here, comes from:

http://www.whovotesforacta.eu/main_page/votes.html
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby SajN » Feb 8th, '12, 13:48

A british guy named Richard is now getting moved from England to USA because they want to arrest him for linking a pirated-movie. He might get in jail for 10 years.

I don't have an english source here, I read it in a norwegian newspaper today.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Ka0t1c » Feb 8th, '12, 23:09

well, weather should be whether and also, don't listen and allow the government into your lives... oops, too late, you got facebook?! you're fucked. just don't be an idiot and follow the herd. make your own choices and understand that no matter what, you're prolly breaking the law somehow. pretty much, the Government doesn't want you free, we are supposed to be enslaved, can't you see, debt is supposed to hold us down. money is supposed to blind us of our true potentials, fight the power if you dare. that's why we have voices, use your senses and sometimes it takes seclusion to see the light, cuz darkness has arrived in our world since day one. humans are idiots and always lust for power, but our purpose should be all in good faith, yet, the government has corrupted the way we think. basically fight for freedom or shut up about it.
oh yeah... and thanks for nothing too
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Feb 9th, '12, 11:41

Lello wrote:a global protest has to happen at one point!! IT JUST HAS TO!!! I say people should backstabb this law, and not buy any CD, DVD or anything until it''s fucking lifted

Agree. That would be the best idea...don't even support the artists anymore. Make the government see that no one supports this bill...we're supposed to be a democracy, yet the opinions of the people mean nothing.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mdemaz » Feb 9th, '12, 11:47

Load of bullshit.
The lawyers couldn't wait to get all that money out of Dotcom.
It's all about money really, if Megaupload was poor and off the radar like Mediafire or Rapidshare, it would still be up.

Torrent sites are starting to shut down out of fear, but I'll really be pissed if The Pirate Bay goes down.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby SajN » Feb 9th, '12, 21:21

This one is spreading around
Full picture (download/file.php?id=3421)

23347.jpg
23347.jpg (122.66 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Next

Return to Serious Debate