The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Republican Primary

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Republican Primary

Postby SchunductionStudios » Mar 4th, '12, 18:54

What do people think of the primary? Who do you guys like the most? Now I know some people are probably big Obama fans and thats OK I just want to post this to see what people's thoughts are on who would be the best candidate for the GOP. Romney, Paul, Santorum, Gingrich. My vote is for Romney.
SchunductionStudios
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Republican Primary

Postby ImHungry » Mar 4th, '12, 19:49

:smoking:
Last edited by ImHungry on Mar 11th, '12, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
ImHungry
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SchunductionStudios » Mar 4th, '12, 20:45

Hhaha so then who will you (or if ur not of age and would) vote for? Obama?
SchunductionStudios
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Kill You » Mar 4th, '12, 20:47

The Republican primaries suck this year, and Obama isn't that bad. Dude's actually a smart man. I think the Republicans have no chance this year but we'll see.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby AbramIsaac » Mar 4th, '12, 21:01

Ron Paul is the best candidate.

Now, when I say "best", I mean best for the country. I don't think he's electable in the sense that has come to permeate the national understanding. However, he does have a lot of pull with strong conservatives, independents, and liberal democrats as well. He's a great crossover candidate, and between him and Obama, you would have a lot of democrats voting republican.

Mitt Romney is probably the most electable. He's not scary enough to motivate progressives to vote against him, and he doesn't look or act like a stark raving lunatic. This alone places him fairly high in the republican primary contenders. Conservatives aren't too happy with him because of the Massachusetts healthcare law he signed as Governor, as it's practically the same as "ObamaCare". So he'll have that to contend with.

Gingrich? Laughable. He has every negative trait a republican politician could possibly have, and then some. His personal life, his political views, and his personality itself are all weaknesses that the Obama campaign to tear him to shreds with in less than a week. He's a terrible candidate.

Santorum is a religious zealot. Fuck Rick Santorum, and I don't think I can say it any clearer than that. Fucking culture warrior prick. Bible-thumping motherfucker. Seriously, fuck that dude.

At the end of the day, it's going to be a tough race. If it's Romney, and it's going to be Romney, Obama will have a tough fight. Republicans will reluctantly get behind anyone who's not a Democrat incumbent, and that's especially true with this particular incumbent. Obama has pissed off his base and catered to the Right more than practically any other Democrat elected, so he could lose a face-off with Romney.

He could lose to Paul too, but Paul won't get the nomination...which sucks, because anyone else is probably taking us to war with Iran, and I'm not looking forward to another Middle Eastern quagmire.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ImHungry » Mar 4th, '12, 21:16

:smoking:
Last edited by ImHungry on Mar 11th, '12, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
ImHungry
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SchunductionStudios » Mar 4th, '12, 22:58

AbramIsaac wrote:Ron Paul is the best candidate.

Now, when I say "best", I mean best for the country. I don't think he's electable in the sense that has come to permeate the national understanding. However, he does have a lot of pull with strong conservatives, independents, and liberal democrats as well. He's a great crossover candidate, and between him and Obama, you would have a lot of democrats voting republican.

Mitt Romney is probably the most electable. He's not scary enough to motivate progressives to vote against him, and he doesn't look or act like a stark raving lunatic. This alone places him fairly high in the republican primary contenders. Conservatives aren't too happy with him because of the Massachusetts healthcare law he signed as Governor, as it's practically the same as "ObamaCare". So he'll have that to contend with.

Gingrich? Laughable. He has every negative trait a republican politician could possibly have, and then some. His personal life, his political views, and his personality itself are all weaknesses that the Obama campaign to tear him to shreds with in less than a week. He's a terrible candidate.

Santorum is a religious zealot. Fuck Rick Santorum, and I don't think I can say it any clearer than that. Fucking culture warrior prick. Bible-thumping motherfucker. Seriously, fuck that dude.

At the end of the day, it's going to be a tough race. If it's Romney, and it's going to be Romney, Obama will have a tough fight. Republicans will reluctantly get behind anyone who's not a Democrat incumbent, and that's especially true with this particular incumbent. Obama has pissed off his base and catered to the Right more than practically any other Democrat elected, so he could lose a face-off with Romney.

He could lose to Paul too, but Paul won't get the nomination...which sucks, because anyone else is probably taking us to war with Iran, and I'm not looking forward to another Middle Eastern quagmire.

I would agree to a point with you. I don't think Paul is a good candidate because his policies regarded war are trash. In my opinion, he would be crushed under pressure. Gingrich is good, but not great. Santorum is pretty patheitc. Romney is the most well-rounded in my opinion. It would be a real tight one between him and Obama
SchunductionStudios
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby llama911 » Mar 4th, '12, 23:09

Paul is the only one with a chance to beat Obama, but Republicans will never vote for him because he is too moderate. I just hope that there will not be a brokered convention.
llama911
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby CrashBand » Mar 5th, '12, 02:38

as been said,
-Paul is the best, I think he's an on to it dude and seems to know what he's talking about.
But doesnt have a shit show.
-
AbramIsaac wrote:Santorum is a religious zealot. Fuck Rick Santorum, and I don't think I can say it any clearer than that. Fucking culture warrior prick. Bible-thumping motherfucker. Seriously, fuck that dude.

-I'm yet to figure out if Gingrich is a joke or he's actually serious
-Romney stands the best chance bubt I'm not the biggest fan

I would be hard pressed who to vote for if it between Obama and Paul
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Amaranthine » Mar 5th, '12, 03:31

Meh...I hate all of them, they're all crackpots, but especially Newt and Santorum. This will be my first election and I'm registering as independent, and I'll most likely be voting for Obama. Romney is the least-awful Republican candidate, and that doesn't say much for him.
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CrashBand » Mar 5th, '12, 12:26

Amaranthine wrote:Meh...I hate all of them, they're all crackpots, but especially Newt and Santorum. This will be my first election and I'm registering as independent, and I'll most likely be voting for Obama. Romney is the least-awful Republican candidate, and that doesn't say much for him.

I find Romney is the most fickle candidate out of them. I feel he doesn't really have any strong views and beliefs that he holds himself.

He will just be quick to change his stance on anything.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Amaranthine » Mar 5th, '12, 14:02

CrashBand wrote:
Amaranthine wrote:Meh...I hate all of them, they're all crackpots, but especially Newt and Santorum. This will be my first election and I'm registering as independent, and I'll most likely be voting for Obama. Romney is the least-awful Republican candidate, and that doesn't say much for him.

I find Romney is the most fickle candidate out of them. I feel he doesn't really have any strong views and beliefs that he holds himself.

He will just be quick to change his stance on anything.

Exactly.
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SchunductionStudios » Mar 5th, '12, 22:13

InsaneTRex94 wrote:Fuck Santorum, fuck Romney, fuck Gingrich, as stated above, Ron Paul is the only Republican I would vote for. I'm voting for Obama though, just because, again as stated above, Paul won't get the nomination and the other three who have the slightest chance would be horrible for the U.S.

EDIT: btw, I turn 18 the day before election day :smoking:

Dude thats awesome that you turn 18 on election day! I never really thought about it, but there is a very good chance at a brokered convention. good point llama911
SchunductionStudios
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby llama911 » Mar 6th, '12, 00:18

Brokered convention would be a nightmare because the Republicans would have to choose between someone like Christie or Palin, neither fit to be President, or even near Washington.
llama911
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby SchunductionStudios » Mar 6th, '12, 04:23

Hahah well Bringing up Christie he though very overweight and would be the next Taft, actually has the mentality we need to get out of this slump. He wont hold back and he's willing to do anything necessary. Though he is stupid and would do that the wrong way, the GOP need a candidate with his ethic.
SchunductionStudios
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Next

Return to Serious Debate