The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

If you're atheist..

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: If you're atheist..

Postby ProdigalGe0 » Feb 9th, '14, 20:32

Personally, i am a theist...and i am not sure if there is afterlife or not...how could i know something i haven't even witnesed?? However what i see around me..this planet,animals,plants etc makes me say for sure that i witnessed something devine even if i am not able to know where it ends. Ancient greeks were studying secred geometry..read something about it and you will see that many things are where they are supposed to be.Anyway, i am thinking that the same devine excistence (even if its called God, Buddah , Universe, Karma etc) that created all of this must have planed something for an "end"

The legacy of the angry blonde lives on through you when i'm gone
ProdigalGe0
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Just Silver » Feb 9th, '14, 20:40

It'll be like before u were born
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Hadez » Feb 11th, '14, 18:45

Just Silver wrote:It'll be like before u were born

There was a debate where an Atheist said the same thing. I don't get how people can't fathom this. Do you recall what it was like to not be born yet? Nope. Take that and apply it to when you die and it's the same deal.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Just Silver » Feb 16th, '14, 18:15

True but the absence of life is comparable
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Emadyville » Feb 17th, '14, 16:10

Menzo wrote:
Just Silver wrote:True but the absence of life is comparable

I agree. The thing that's tricky to me is that post-life, you have a conscience which I think might go beyond physical life.

But that's really all belief/what if's.

exactly and we will never know until we die...my guess is nada
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby monobloss » Mar 4th, '14, 22:46

There is a whole lot we do not know about human brain, let alone universe and shit. We can't possibly guess or know what will happen. Everything is possible, we are discovering new shit everyday.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbth6oWH6j1rxaxdc.gif
Rollefsen wrote:
monobloss wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:FUCKIN' LEAK ALREADY!!!

It's not leaking bro. Never will. Well it will, on 5th nov.

I'm 100% positive it will leak before that. I'm so positive, that if it doesnt, I will never have Emma Stone in my sig again.
monobloss
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Mar 5th, '14, 05:04

Menzo wrote:
InsaneTRex94 wrote:
Menzo wrote:Hm? Do you mean from when you're born?

Yeah, my bad.

I don't know. Lol, not gonna front or try to dance around it, simply put I don't know.

I guess the natural answer would be it's developed throughout life.

It's alright to not know an answer. However, there is literally nothing to suggest that there is something after death. At that point people are just believing in an afterlife because they want to. Wanting something to be true doesn't mean it is. It sounds neat, or it's less scary than nothingness. Whatever the reason, it's a blind belief in the sense that no evidence points to it. No matter how slim the chances, anything, in essence, is possible. The chances of me being able to transform into a unicorn on Thursdays are slim to say the least. It's possible, but I'm not going to go around believing that one day I'll have a weekly night of skewering people with my horn.

Belief in something after death is not that extreme, obviously, but the point is the same. I have no reason to believe I can be a unicorn. Likewise, I have no reason to believe there is something after I die.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Emadyville » Mar 5th, '14, 05:11

valid point. i dont despise people who believe in an afterlife, i just think its completely ridiculous to live your life that way. also, like you said, there is no proof.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby LilBuffDa[OG] » Mar 8th, '14, 05:30

I believe everything, our conscience, reality, matter and existence is all connected to something. Something beyond our comprehension as of right now. By the time somebody ascends outside of this realm, our universe will implode, time will cease to exist- and reality will restart again like it has infinitely times before.
Lil Buff runnin' through ya neighborhood with bricks, ready to smash ya face and shit.
LilBuffDa[OG]
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Serious Debate